WNDC Oct 29th, Penny's Black, BQ

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

WNDC Oct 29th, Penny's Black, BQ

Postby Deadpoet » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Guys,

This week's WNDC is at Penny's Black at Boat Quay.

See you there, 8pm :)
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Postby mulffett » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Deadpoet,

Is the WNDC an open invitation to anyone interested in attending the most private, unfriendly invitation found on public forum?

The bartender I spoke with was aware of the "Navi Night" event, but no one heard of Singaporeexpats??? I did approach some folks sitting at the bar / outside The Penny Black's Bar but almost everyone gave me a blank look.

And that really PISSED me off.

davidc

Postby davidc » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:01 pm

I arrived in Singapore on Sunday! I thought I'd try and join the WNDC and figured I'd spot the group of expats - little did I know it would be harder than I thought at Boat Quay.

I asked quite a few groups of people if they were with the "Drinking Club". I got more of a "where do I sign up?" response rather than a blank look :lol: It was still a good night though as I met some fellow Irish people at the bar.

I think the WNDC is a great idea and fair play for organizing it, although it would be better if there was some way to figure out who you lot are.

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Postby mulffett » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 1:07 am

^ Nicely put. It's great effort to organize the event and I can understand it's more likely to be a casual night out for people to get together and enjoy a couple of drinks and chill...

I apologize if I was a little harsh manner on my last post was a little restless the other night when I posted the reply.

nikkonikko

New To WNDC - Great Idea

Postby nikkonikko » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 4:30 pm

Hey there , count me in for next WNDC :) !
NikkoNikko

mikel78

Postby mikel78 » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 8:32 am

Count me in for another wndc, newly arrived from the UK and haven't ventured out yet. Been to Singapore once before and think I visited Clarke quay then? Will there be one on the 19th at Penny Blacks? If there isn't anything official would anyone be up for a few drinks?

mjw10

Postby mjw10 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:05 am

I'd love to come to the next WNDC but is there a sure-fire way of spotting the group? Don't count on my luck to chance upon an alternate group of Irishmen! :wink:

What time is kick off usually?