Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 9:12 pm

Sierra, sorry for the misunderstanding. Ignore my original post.
Last edited by Wind In My Hair on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:31 pm

Your honour,

The evidence shows that I did not choose Motley Crew as the name - I was instructed to do so. While this may be the Nuremburg defence to some, it is only those with weaker intellect that would draw this conclusion.

To the new "boss" - no worries. Enjoy.

Can you start the list of who is attending then.

btv

Postby btv » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:48 pm

hi all, i just wanted to say i had a great time the other night at brewerkz meeting everyone. Sorry i didnt contribute much to the group, ive been so busy with the move here and writing papers i have not had any time to even pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV. my brain is toast. I would love to come back again and turn my brain on this time :-)
Ill try to get there ontime next week, we can have a drink together before the game starts then split the tables up :-( if there are too many people. thanks again, kelly
my email is kelzbomb@hotmail.com
i cannot pm yet.
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

A life of it's own....

Postby Dave Magoo » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:36 am

You're right, Ozchick. Great to see the initial thread has taken on a life of it's own....keep me on the list until I've done enough posts to PM y'all :) .

Will deffo join again soon, but not sure about this Tuesday as hosting a blue eyed blonde all-American lass for the coming week :cool: . So, you may need to find another 'Rolls Royce in swimming pool' expert :shock: .

Lookforward to hearing of a 1st place trouncing of the opposition for sure :twisted: . Until next attendance....
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 9:18 am

btv wrote:hi all, i just wanted to say i had a great time the other night at brewerkz meeting everyone. Sorry i didnt contribute much to the group, ive been so busy with the move here and writing papers i have not had any time to even pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV. my brain is toast. I would love to come back again and turn my brain on this time :-)
Ill try to get there ontime next week, we can have a drink together before the game starts then split the tables up :-( if there are too many people. thanks again, kelly
my email is kelzbomb@hotmail.com
i cannot pm yet.

btv, I sent you a PM -- when you hit 5 posts you can respond :wink:

btv

Postby btv » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 9:29 am

yes btv is for burlington, vt. Im starting to miss the nippy air. im dreaming of snow. where you from?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 9:48 am

Even I might try and turn up one week :o

Just need to work out the logistics of getting to the other side of the world and back :cool:

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 9:49 am

oh, about 15 minutes down route 7 :wink:

btv

Postby btv » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:36 am

road not taken: thats a stone's throw from me...small world, met a girl the other day from williston.
saint: i live in the east coast and took a taxi to brewerkz last week and it cost about 12 bucks, not too bad. i did check the bus schedule and i can take #48 from marine parade and transfer on bukit timah before lewis rd and catch the #156. it will take a bit to get there but if i leave earlier next week i will try it out. or we can split a cab if you decide to go.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:43 am

If you take the 156 bus you will have to get off after the bus turns onto Sixth Avenue then walk back to Bukit Timah Road and down a ways to Brewerkz. (I ride the 156 to work if I don't take the MRT to Clementi (I live in the northeast - Serangoon Nth)

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 6:53 am

Looks like you guys might have to go to a Plan B, as I believe the charismatic host of Brewerkz trivia might be moving on to greener pastures. Maybe they'll hire someone else? Just wanted to give you a head's up, certainly there are other trivia nights around?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:42 pm

road.not.taken wrote:Looks like you guys might have to go to a Plan B, as I believe the charismatic host of Brewerkz trivia might be moving on to greener pastures. Maybe they'll hire someone else? Just wanted to give you a head's up, certainly there are other trivia nights around?

Que?! Well that's crap isn't it? I LIKE that guy. Damn.......hope they get someone new who's as good. It's so close to my condo, I could almost walk there.
And so long as it's close for me, well that's all that matters really!
:P
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Lankan_Kid

Postby Lankan_Kid » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:00 am

road.not.taken wrote:Looks like you guys might have to go to a Plan B, as I believe the charismatic host of Brewerkz trivia might be moving on to greener pastures. Maybe they'll hire someone else? Just wanted to give you a head's up, certainly there are other trivia nights around?

Does this mean that the quiz night tomorrow is not happening?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:08 am

No, I think you've got a few weeks left as least. And who knows? Brewerkz may replace him with somebody new.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:46 pm

So am I booking tonight for 10 tomorrow W.I.M.H.? Sierra? Let me know cos I recall someone was keen to take this on.
:wink:
I'll be there.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'