Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:08 pm

Allibert - it was an AWESOME performance - you must remember that we were TIED equal SECOND until that devilish answer to break the tie, and that the owners of the franchise were our equal second!!!!

Gang, Ms. C and I (well Ms. C will blurt out an answer!!!!) think the performance this evening was above and beyond.

Now, as Allibert says - get reading on those Straights-Times; inane sports questions; weird tic-tac-to puzzles; album covers; and castles.

As we said, we bought our grey (hair). Didn't account for much, though!

Totally awesomish - and next week, we'll kneecap the owners and steal their franchise, leh?

Ozchick for organising a great time, THANKS! Many bows to you.

We came, we saw, and we came equal second

Plus, it was way cool. :cool:

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:57 pm

We came, we saw, we 'nearly' conquered....great effort, all :D .

Let's all come with our 'A' game (as in 'Aay'? What the hell are you asking us?) for next Tues (or when next running).

Good to put faces (& various shades of hair et al) to names, and let's keep this going until we can mash the 'Powers' to a pulp :twisted:

I'm now off to have a Magoo Aloo in Little India :cool:

Catch you all (+ any newbies) next week.
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:32 am

So when is the next one :???: :lol: :???: :???: my best subject is birds :) SMS are you going? what time is kick off

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 9:47 am

Ms. C and I still 'reckon it's pretty steep that the owners of the franchise are allowed to play AGAINST visitors to their establishment!!! Gotta be a law against that somewhere!!!

Cheers/P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:36 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:Ms. C and I still 'reckon it's pretty steep that the owners of the franchise are allowed to play AGAINST visitors to their establishment!!! Gotta be a law against that somewhere!!!

Cheers/P

P, you'd make a good PI if you're ever looking for an alternative career. Can't believe you made friends with everyone there in just one night and sussed out who everyone was.

I think it's cool that the owners play the game. Maybe they set up the quiz just so that they could play every week... we need more owners like that!

We had an awesome team last night. I was relaxing and enjoying my beer and admiring how much you clever people know.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:48 am

Might have to attend the next one as well. I'm not that far away if I come straight from the office in Bkt Batok. Wife gave me hell for not going last night when I told her after getting home. We'll see.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:11 am

A long as WIMH and I don't sit next to each other I may go too. :boxing: I miss my old trivia team and the fun we've had.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:12 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Might have to attend the next one as well. I'm not that far away if I come straight from the office in Bkt Batok. Wife gave me hell for not going last night when I told her after getting home. We'll see.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Ya, if you'd been there last night we may have come in first. So you see, it's all your fault... better come next time! :P

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

well

Postby Allibert » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:14 am

i'll volunteer to sit next to such a sexy lady any time:D (oops now I've said that everybody will want to:D)

I'm sure we'll need her oxford brains next time:)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: well

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:17 pm

Allibert wrote:i'll volunteer to sit next to such a sexy lady any time:D

Aw, you're invited back to the next pub quiz! :D

And I'll be sure to inform the beau that I'm sexy, so that he'll appreciate me more. :mrgreen:

rinkusg

hi all..

Postby rinkusg » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 1:27 pm

hi all..
myself mukul ..i also liek trivia quizzes ..n i was wondering bat this pub quiz when i saw it on forum..sounds really cool.want to know shall i join u guys /gals.?
can send email also plz.
mukulsg@gmail.com.
kudos..

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: well

Postby ozchick » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 5:51 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Allibert wrote:i'll volunteer to sit next to such a sexy lady any time:D

Aw, you're invited back to the next pub quiz! :D

And I'll be sure to inform the beau that I'm sexy, so that he'll appreciate me more. :mrgreen:

:cool: He he ...well said Wimoweh!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 6:06 pm

Jeezaloo this thing is getting bigger than Ben Hur !
Magoo, this is YOUR fault! :wink:
To see the likes of KSL and SMS showing an interest is akin to Singapore holding the next Olympics!! Just think, we may get to see their faces!! Whoo! (Or their hats you know who!)
So please all don't PM me that you're coming to this next Tuesday cos I'll need to hire a personal secretary to respond.
So what's the best way to collate numbers? Maybe Tuesday morning until midday approx, post your intention to attend? Is this the best way guys? Meanwhile I'll phone Brewerks the night before, book for 10 and adjust accordingly mid-afternoon Tues? Any better ideas, please let me know.
Re numbers at table, we 'got away' with 10 but I think it's a no-no... so they'll split us up yeah? And then we're doing battle against each other which is a bit errful...mm....
Sierra, HOW do you know what you know about the owners?! :o
Were you running a Spanish inquisition 'on the side'? :wink:
Mm.... now where's my Straits Times?! :)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

TRIVIA NIGHT - TUE 18NOV 2008

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 6:47 pm

Deleted
Last edited by sierra2469alpha on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: TRIVIA NIGHT - TUE 18NOV 2008

Postby ozchick » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 8:00 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Oz, I'm a spy, it's my job to know :P

Ozchick: Suggest one of us keeps editing one of our posts with the list of names. Happy to put my hand up for that duty.

Other friends: To keep the thread at manageable levels, PM me and I'll put your name in this list. If you don't have enough posts to PM, then post your name into the thread. Please advise how many people you are bringing.

TRIVIA NIGHT - TUE 18NOV 2008

Ozchick
sierra2469alpha - Mr. P (maybe Ms.C)
Asdracles

'
:) Hey I LIKE IT! I'm 'a gonna eat chocolate and read a book starting RIGHT now! Yep I'll be there. Just me. Rooster is OS still then.
Good on ya Sierra!
Wimoweh is bored too, so feel free to nominate tasks to her! He he... :P