Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 4:03 pm

I would say that is in the limit of "my walking distance". Ok to walk 10pm after the quiz, too far before the quiz 6.30 pm

Seriously, I would say that around 10-15 min. Just go down North Buona Vista Rd and then turn left in Ayer Rajah Ave. You will see the big building there

TheoSanders

Postby TheoSanders » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 5:57 pm

nakatago wrote:
TheoSanders wrote:Hi all,

Theo here (quiz master @ Harry's Fusionopolis)

It was great meeting everyone from Motley Crue the past few weeks, so I thought I'd register here and say hello.

The last quiz of the season is coming up tonight starting around 7 or 7:15PM at Harry's @ Fusionopolis. Hope to see some of you down there!

cheers,

-- Theo

Hi, all,

I work nearby Fusionopolis and I'm just fascinated by all this. Do you mind if I drop by and watch? :D

Feel free. Though it's a lot more fun participating. Everyone is welcome.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:06 am

Nice quiz, WIMH and Ozchick arrived when I have been already kidnapped by another team, so in the end we where 5.

This was last quiz of the season at Harry's so we should look for another venue. Suggestions?

"I see triangles"
"In your dreams?"
"No"
"While you're awake?"
ALWAYS, can't keep them out of my miiiiiind!!!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers for the update, Asdracles...

Postby Dave Magoo » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:36 am

Good to hear that we're getting the numbers back in, Asdracles and all, and sorry to hear that the Fusionopolis Quiz is on hold for a bit...don't take too long in returning, Theo :)

For other suggestions, we always have the perennial favourite, The Dog & Bone, which is every 2 weeks of course, so just need to get into the right sequence. Saint, we will get there for sure!! On my last visit to Fusionopolis, Bugs mentioned another Quiz that runs every Tues also and is rather good, apparently. Bugs: it would be good if you could throw the details into the hat so that we can keep it in mind. & we could also link up with whiterr's monthly quiz also at Harry's, Boat Quay. Plenty to consider. :-k

Sadly, for all that, I'm still in Bangkok at the mo., but may be back in the not-too-distant, be it only for another short visit. If so, will time it to be within a quiz-friendly period =D>

Keep up the good work, all, and catch you soon :cool:

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

bugs01

Postby bugs01 » Sat, 17 Oct 2009 2:35 pm

The Tues quiz is at 7.30pm (although it usually starts late) at Hyde bar in Boat Quay (3rd floor about halfway along). Great little bar and a decent quiz, 4 categories and then a picture round, pretty diverse stuff. Happy hour during the quiz.

bugs01

Postby bugs01 » Sat, 17 Oct 2009 2:39 pm

Actually I think it is 8pm.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers for the info, Bugs...

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 1:47 pm

Cheers, Bugs. It is noted for future reference :)

If any of the Motleys wanted to check it out in my absence, that would be great!

Will check in again nearer my return from Bkk.

Cheers for now!

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

This Thread's One Year Anniversary :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 7:18 pm

Just checked in again to see if anything was happening this evening with the Crew....shame it looks like not, as time to celebrate this thread's one year anniversary from 2 days ago \:D/

Wow! That went quick :shock: .

Thanks to all for contributing, and for keeping the team going for the duration. =D> It's been fun for sure :D

Keep the Motley flag flying high, and will hold a belated celebration upon my return :wink:

Magoo