Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mrdodge
Regular
Regular

Postby mrdodge » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:31 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:MrDodge - no problems - just let us know - regulars cannot always make it either. Plus, Dave Magoo is a great organiser, as is carteki. And our regulars - some one week - others the next - are great down to earth people. We always welcome one and all!

Mr. P.

Groovy.

I'll be there this coming Tuesday. I'll assume you will have a sign saying Mr P.? :)

Cheers

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:33 pm

Mr Dodge - we usually finalise the attendees on the day. We'll make sure you can find us! Just keep your eye out on this thread!

Cheers, Mr. P

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

You're More Than Welcome, Mr. Dodge!

Postby Dave Magoo » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:36 am

Welcome to our posse of quizzical minds, Mr. Dodge, and sterling work on the quick responses there, Mr. P.

As Mr. P. says, you are certainly more than welcome, Mr. Dodge, as we like to consider our quiz team, The Motley Crew, to be the unofficial Official Singapore Ex-Pats Forum Team, as this is the method by which we all linked up. Thus, any Forum postee is always welcome, so please drop on by.

I must point out to you though, that we go to the following at the moment for our regular quizzes, NOT the Dog & Bone (I saw from your original posting that you'd highlighted the Dog & Bone option mentioned by Saint, but we have yet to sample the delights of that one as Boomerang is in the centre of town, and the team are from all 4 corners of the island):

Boomerang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077.

Quiz begins at 7.30pm. Please feel free to join the Motley Crew table if you fancy it....newcomers always welcome!!

Hope to see you there on Tuesday!

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 5:40 pm

Hi guys - I know you're quizzing tomorrow night therefore might be all questioned out, however, I'm doing one at Harry's boat quay from 8 p.m. on wednesday thus if you fancy it please turn up. About 23 confirmed so far so should be rougly $100 in the winning pot!

Rob

mrdodge
Regular
Regular

Re: You're More Than Welcome, Mr. Dodge!

Postby mrdodge » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 6:59 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:Welcome to our posse of quizzical minds, Mr. Dodge, and sterling work on the quick responses there, Mr. P.

As Mr. P. says, you are certainly more than welcome, Mr. Dodge, as we like to consider our quiz team, The Motley Crew, to be the unofficial Official Singapore Ex-Pats Forum Team, as this is the method by which we all linked up. Thus, any Forum postee is always welcome, so please drop on by.

I must point out to you though, that we go to the following at the moment for our regular quizzes, NOT the Dog & Bone (I saw from your original posting that you'd highlighted the Dog & Bone option mentioned by Saint, but we have yet to sample the delights of that one as Boomerang is in the centre of town, and the team are from all 4 corners of the island):

Boomerang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077.

Quiz begins at 7.30pm. Please feel free to join the Motley Crew table if you fancy it....newcomers always welcome!!

Hope to see you there on Tuesday!

Magoo

hmm - I should be able t make it. Just have to check with management so i don't get in trouble. - given the dog & bone is not very far away.

See you all there!

Cheers

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Confirming tomorrow night...

Postby Dave Magoo » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 9:09 pm

Hello all.

Just to confirm we've got numbers for tomorrow night's quiz at the BOOMERANG at Robertson Quay (NOT the Dog & Bone...please note, Mr. Dodge...enjoy your solo effort if you're going there!), starting at 7.30pm as usual.

So far Carteki (+ 6), Alibert, Asdracles & myself are confirmed. Hope to see the rest of you there too!

Cheers for the update, Rob...may be all quizzed out by Weds night, but will keep it in mind. Are you still doing the Molly Malones one too? Would be good if you could have the Harry's Quiz middle of the month & Molly's at the end of the month (diff. questions, naturally) so that we could have a number of options within each month to vary the quiz location, atmos. etc. Good luck on Weds anyway.

See you all at the BOOMERANG then :cool:

Magoo

mrdodge
Regular
Regular

Re: Confirming tomorrow night...

Postby mrdodge » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 5:03 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:Hello all.

Just to confirm we've got numbers for tomorrow night's quiz at the BOOMERANG at Robertson Quay (NOT the Dog & Bone...please note, Mr. Dodge...enjoy your solo effort if you're going there!), starting at 7.30pm as usual.

So far Carteki (+ 6), Alibert, Asdracles & myself are confirmed. Hope to see the rest of you there too!

Cheers for the update, Rob...may be all quizzed out by Weds night, but will keep it in mind. Are you still doing the Molly Malones one too? Would be good if you could have the Harry's Quiz middle of the month & Molly's at the end of the month (diff. questions, naturally) so that we could have a number of options within each month to vary the quiz location, atmos. etc. Good luck on Weds anyway.

See you all at the BOOMERANG then :cool:

Magoo

Bummer. Somethings come up at the last minute. It will be next week though.
See you then

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Developing a Winning Habit :-D

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:46 pm

We came first again, all, for the second week running...developing a winning habit indeed :cool: For a change, it was the last 'Who Am I?' round that actually won it for us rather than lost it...splendid :D

On the down side, we'll be losing our esteemed Quiz Master as she's going back to Oz :( . However, at present the Quiz will still go ahead with a new Quiz Master next week, all being well :???:

I'm flying off to Bangers again next Monday for an unspecified period of time, so Carteki will rally the troops in my absence. Look forward to hearing of your ongoing winning streak in my absence :wink:

Until we next meet...

Magoo :)

a112143

Postby a112143 » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

I can't remember when my neurons last fired away to glory after my grad univ competition (which we won (of course!)) and this looks like a great way to sharpen up and get into shape...

When's the next meet and can I be counted in?

-Ak

Wen81

Postby Wen81 » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 3:07 pm

Hello...
I've heard about "quiz nights" but don't know what it is exactly...it's a game where you just answer questions and...?

Looking for fun activities to do with my friends(other than the usual movie/eating/coffee/jogs)

Thanks!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers for the interest, guys...

Postby Dave Magoo » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the interest, A112143 & Wen81. You are both more than welcome to join the Motley Crew at the next and/or future pub quizzes. Just watch this thread ahead of next Tuesday and you'll see the details of what's happening.

As you ask, Wen81, the pub quiz night is a relaxed, yet competitive weekly event (at least at the mo.), and we have a blend of regular and 'drop by' team members who get together to form the Motley Crew!! We then bring our collective brains together to answer questions on various subjects while competing against other teams. At the same time, we're chilling and drinking and eating fine Aussie tucker to boot.

Our team is made up of people of all ages/backgrounds/abilities and is a great, chilled way to get to know new friends whilst also giving the old grey matter a bit of exercise to boot!!

Please do come along on Tuesday, and you can see what I mean!! It's great fun :-)

Cheers, and hope to see you both there soon (I'll be out of town on Tuesday, so others from the team will take up the baton in my absence!!).

Magoo

vchand

Pub quizzes

Postby vchand » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 4:35 pm

I have been following the thread on pub quizzes in Singapore with interest. As a newly arrived expat in Singapore myself, was curious to know if the Tuesday evening pub quiz at Boomerang on Robertson Quay is still on tomorrow, June 30th...Thanks in advance.

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:05 pm

Yes, it is still on. I rang today to check and was assured that it will go ahead tomorrow night even though Danette is out of town.

7.30pm start at Boomarang!

a112143

Confirmation...

Postby a112143 » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:15 pm

Hi

Can anyone confirm if it is at Boomerang, Robertson Quay tomorrow- Jun 30th? The Boomerang post a few posts above seems to be the one of the last week's meet...

-Ak

vchand

Postby vchand » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:17 pm

thanks Bronte, for your confirmation...i will be sure to stop by tomorrow and look for you; would be delighted to join your team (if you have an open slot) !!

Warm regards,
Vchand