Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bLeaHz

Re: Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Postby bLeaHz » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 6:04 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:Hello all.

Quick question. I've just arrived in the Island Nation and was wondering if there are any good pub quizzes floating around. My search so far has lead to one possibility in Holland Village, I think, but nowt else.

Would be grateful if anyone could advise on where to engage brain, as well as drinking elbow, when next desiring of a few cold ones :shock:

Hi Dave & All,

I'm having a Trivia Nite tomorrow @ Nova from 6-10pm.
Entrance is free and drinks are happy hour rates.
Due to the unexpectedly large crowd during the previous TI nite (Thank you to all those who came) this time I've limited the number of people and you've got to RSVP and let me know how many slots you need. Not to worry though, I've set aside 22 slots for SGExpats peeps.

So PM or email me if you're coming alrite....
Topics are:
- Sports (Soccer, NBA, F1, Golf etc)
- Movies
- Celebs
- Govt & Politics (Including a Simpson's version)

See you guys there.... :)

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Thursday at Molly Malone's - 8 pm

Postby whiterr » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 5:26 pm

Afternoon.

Quiz night definitely on tomorrow, 11 teams confirmed thus far so $220 up for grabs! Plus 2 cinema gift cards if you get your business card pulled out the goldfish bowl.

I am pulling out all the stops!

Hopefully see you then.

Rob

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Hello from Jakarta...

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:10 pm

Hi guys and sorry for not posting for a while. Am currently in Jakarta again and will be returning to Sing. too late this evening to make any potential quiz night.

With this in mind, would still be very interested in making any one of the number of options that have suddenly emerged for tomorrow or Thursday evening, as long as there are sufficient numbers.

What say you, guys? Anyone fancy trying out tomorrow nite's TJ Picotin or BLeaHz Nova efforts? Or Thurs' whiterr Molly Malones effort? I'm flexible either way, but keen to get quizzed up again after way too long a break....I fear my brain is crumbling without them :shock:

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes for this evening's efforts (if tonight is the preferred choice, have fun all, and will hopefully join next week instead).

In (not) the words of Olivia Neutron-Bomb, "Let's get quizzical, quizzical, etc" some time very soon :D

Magoo :)
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Molly Malones, Circular Rd, Thursday From 7.30pm

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 6:52 pm

Me again, guys....wow, so quiet...where is everyone? :(

Just to update that will be heading to Molly Malones on Circular Road (behind Boat Quay for the unitiated) tomorrow evening from 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Potentially, P & C will be joining me too, subject to confirmation. Would be great to have a few more on board to keep the Motley Flag flying high!!

Rob, if you catch this, could you provisionally save a table under the Motley Crew moniker and will update you tomorrow on confirmed attendance. Cheers :)

Calling all Motleys...your Quiz Team NEEDS you :cool:

Magoo

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:10 pm

Im out of town in this long weekend, so don't count me in for tomorrow.

But of course, would like to know the info about the Mollys Quiz.

Good luck!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Molly Malones...Motley Crew May Or May Not Be A 1 Man Team!!

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 06 May 2009 9:44 pm

Hi guys and gals.

I'm DEFINITELY gonna be at Molly Malones from 7.30pm tomorrow night for da quiz....am happy to fly the flag solo for da Motleys but would be great if anyone else could join :cool:

Hope to see you all there :wink:

Magoo

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 06 May 2009 9:54 pm

Count me in!

babchen

Postby babchen » Mon, 11 May 2009 12:20 pm

Hi everybody!

I am new to Singapore but love Pub quizes, so if you´d like any support from a krauts girl let me know where you usually meet up and I would be happy to join.

Cheers,
Barbara

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Tue, 12 May 2009 9:51 am

Hi - only just logged on for first time in a while. The quiz is not weekly! Only a monthly one and the next date is 28th May. Will send a further update nearer the time.

durianisgreat

Howl at the Moon trivia...This is TJ!

Postby durianisgreat » Wed, 20 May 2009 8:58 pm

Hey guys, good to see you all. I am having an American Idol viewing and trivia during commercial breaks tomorrow. PRIZES galore if you know you Idol history. Come see me if you can, I miss you guys. Life is short, live long.
You can laugh now.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Re: Howl at the Moon trivia...This is TJ!

Postby carteki » Wed, 27 May 2009 4:33 pm

durianisgreat wrote:Hey guys, good to see you all. I am having an American Idol viewing and trivia during commercial breaks tomorrow. PRIZES galore if you know you Idol history. Come see me if you can, I miss you guys. Life is short, live long.

TJ, thanks for the invite but I change channels when Idols comes on and I think most of the 'cru are the same!

For those who are interested - what remains of the Motleys will be making their way to Molly Malone's for the quiz on Thurs 28 May. Any newbies - welcome to join...

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Back in Sing. & ready to Quiz :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Thu, 28 May 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Kim and all.

Just landed back in Sing. after a few weeks in Bangkok, and am deffo up for the Quiz later on. Will see you at Molly Malones on Circular Road (behind Boat Quay) at 7.45pm. I hope to see a few others there too :-)

It's been too long, gang!! Let's try to catch up if poss.

See you there :cool: .

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Boomerang Pub Quiz Is Back....But May Need Aussies!!

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 1:15 pm

Calling all Motleys and anyone else who'd like to join our merry band of Quiz Goers....the Boomerang Pub Quiz is back :-)

Just rang them to confirm it's reappearance and it may be fun to return there for old times sake 8-) . Thursday's Molly Malones Quiz has wetted the appetite once again (cheers for that, Rob...if you see this in time, maybe come along tonight with any other potential Quizzers you may know). The address is as follows for any potential newbies:

Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077.

Quiz begins at 7.30pm. Please feel free to join the Motley Crew table if you're a newbie and fancy it....allcomers always welcome!!

However, as we've recently lost one of our resident Aussies, Ian, to his return down under, it would be good to have an Aussie or two on our side to cope with the more Oz-focused sections of the Quiz. What say you, P & C? :D

There are alternative quizzes running tonight, too, so watch this space as the location may change in the next few hours (depending on numbers + our ability to Oz-it-up with the best of them :cool: ).

Hope all are well, and hope to catch up again very soon :wink:

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Confirming Boomerang as the definite location....

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 3:37 pm

Just a quick update from my previous post above. Can confirm that we will deffo head to the Boomerang for tonight's festivities.

P & C, Carteki and myself confirmed, with a possible Alibert visit too. Would be good to see some more familiar and not-so-familiar faces also :cool:

Catch you from 7.15ish for a 7.30pm start.

Magoo

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 3:47 pm

Almost the whole original Motleys!! Awesome!