Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Top of the tree, three :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:01 am

Very good job Carteki and all. Great to hear the Motley flag is flying so high once again :cool:

Not sure yet if I can make next week's effort...let's just say my time in Jakarta is proving to be an interesting one!! :shock:

If not, keep flying the flag and I hope more of the gang can make it next time round. Look forward to hearing how you all went this time next week (if I don't make it myself that is).

Have a great week in the meantime, and have fun with all the egg shopping :o

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 2:51 pm

Hey gang,
A friendly reminder to put your brain caps on and make your way to Boomerang to give the good 'ole grey matter a work out. Hope to see you there as there are great expectations following last weeks win.
Newbies always welcome :lol:
For those who need reminding / don't know we meet at 7:30pm at Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian. #01-15 The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay

See you there or be ...

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 5:52 pm

I will be out of Boomarang for a while. So don't count me in for tomorrow.

Just I will keep checking news here, good luck to Motley Crue!

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 9:34 am

Just to let you all know my pub quiz has taken off and will be on 23rd April (Thurs) at Molly Malones at Boat Quay, from 8.00 p.m. onwards. Hopefully see you then!

Not about tonight as rioting at the kaiser chiefs concert, however, will try and make an appearance next week.

Regards
Rob

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

How did you go, guys?

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:41 am

How was it last night, guys? Did we scale the dizzy heights of 1st once again, or did we pitch in at a still-respectable 2nd or below? :o

I got back in to town just a tad too late to get to the quiz, I'm afraid, despite my best efforts to get a suitable flight. It seems that the whole of Indonesia are flying to Sing. in the next few days as Thurs/Fri are public hols for the Election....what a great incentive to keep democracy alive, right? :cool:

Anyway, I hope all had fun and look forward to catching up with you in a few weeks time. You may wanna note, Rob, that, as far as I understand it, the Boomerang will have a few weeks break for Easter hols. So no Boomer quiz next week, I'm afraid. Hope you enjoyed moshing with the good people, Kaiser, and will try to rock up for the inaugural Molly's quiz on 23rd for sure, although looking like April is an anywhere-but-Sing month, workwise.

Happy Easter, guys, and would be good to hear from you all to see how things are with everyone.

Great-To-Be-Back-If-Only-For-A-While, Magoo :D

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 7:30 pm

Hey,
Nope, no first this week, but thanks to a very prompt identification of the final who-am-I personality we managed 2nd...
The quiz at Boomerang is taking a break until mid May. Hope to see more Singapore Expats there in future as the mainstay of the quiz - Ian - will be leaving our fair shores shortly...

btv

Postby btv » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 3:38 pm

FYI: There is a new trivai night starting at Howl At The Moon on Tuesday nights, it starts this week. This week is free to play and its happy hour until 10pm.
After this week, for the next 8 weeks its $50 a team and includes 2 jugs of Stella beer. Each week the winner gets a case of San Miguel Beer and 2nd place gets a voucher for 4 tickets to the comedy show there.
According to the info i received..."the prizes for the league champions will be amazing"
It is scored by points so regardless of how many wins you have its the total points from all weeks that determines the winner.
This could be fun!
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 6:06 pm

Im ok to give it a try if you want to join.

btv, what's the timing?

btv

Postby btv » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 6:42 pm

the fllyer says from 7:30 onward. not sure if i can make it yet, will know tomorrow morning my plans for the evening. im definitely going to picotin on wednesday though.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

No Quiz At Boomerang Tonight....

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 9:12 am

Welcome back, Btv....we've missed you!! Just a reminder, though, that there is no quiz at the Boomerang tonight or indeed until mid-May due to the quizmaster being on Easter hols, I think.

Thanks for the info. concerning TJ's new quiz at Howl At The Moon too. We suddenly have a lot of options again (Molly Malone's start a Thursday night quiz too not this Thursday but next, I think).

I'm afraid I can't make 'Howl at the Moon' or Picotins this week, and will then be on my travels again for the next few weeks (ducking the bullets in Bangkok, then bathing in the glory of a new government in Jakarta!!). Hopefully, some of the Motley's will be able to pitch up at either location to keep the flag flying!!

Have fun all, and keep on quizzing :cool:

Magoo

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 5:54 pm

Looks like nobody confirmed for tonight :(

Maybe still Easter mood? Let's try luck again next week then

btv

Postby btv » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:16 pm

Hi, sorry i forgot to post that i couldnt make it last night. i am going to Picotin tonight at 7:30 for trivia. so far we have 4 possibly 5 coming. come join us!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Tomorrow night....

Postby Dave Magoo » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 8:26 pm

Hi guys. Long time, no post, so just wanted to say hi and update on the quiz situation.

But before I do that, please note that my mobile phone number is no longer valid (was part of the work package...ALL now gone) so will update you on that as soon as I get a new number.

Anyway, for this week, we have the following quiz options (I'm here for Tues, at least):

1. Ian has put together a quiz and would be very happy to get one going...will update you on location early tomorrow.

2. Kelly, you may be able to correct me on this, but I think TJ's 'Howl At The Moon' (directly opp. Somerset MRT near Robinsons) quiz is going ahead again from 7.30pm.

3. Rob, you may be able to correct me on this, but I think Rob's Molly Malones, Circular Road quiz starts on Thursday (I'm not around, but hope you guys can make it)

Let me know which one(s) you'd prefer and we can arrange accordingly.

Sorry for the late posting of this, but have been dealing with a LOT of stuff recently....nothing ever changes, eh!!

I hope all are well, please feel free to PM me here also, and look forward to hearing from you/hopefully seeing you soon.

Cheers :)

Magoo

btv

Postby btv » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:09 pm

Hello Magoo, welcome back.
Yes, TJ is doing his trivia at "Howl at the Moon" tomorrow (tues) evening. he says last week went great, they use the live band for the music questions which sounds fun.
This week starts the official 8 weeks of trivia there. the points will be cummulative from all weeks, with a grand prize in the end. Its $50 each week to enter your team and that includes 2 jugs of Stella and winner every week gets a case of san miguel beer and runner up gets a voucher for 4 for an upcoming comedy show at "HATM"
i unfortuantely cannot do tomorrow or the following tuesday, and will also miss some in May due to travel.
Im curious about the Molly Malone quiz...does anyone have any input from last weeks session or is this the first week?
Picotin will be on for next Wed (April 29th) i can attend that one. we came in 3rd last week out of about 8 teams. Let me know who wants to join in.
cheers, kel

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Update on the quiz...

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 2:36 pm

Hi again, everybody, and thanks Kelly for the updated info. We will definitely try out the H.A.T.M quiz soon, but maybe wait for a few more people to be available to help justify the $50 cover charge.

For tonight, we are gonna run an impromptu quiz through Ian at the Boomerang, similar to the St. Paddy's Day one we did previously. Starting at 7.30pm.

Hope y'all can make it...it's been a very long time already!!

See you soon.

Dave