Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 2:16 pm

Excellent work also! She's stoked - thanks gang!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Happy St. Paddy's Day/Ms C's Bday/Boomerang Bonza Day, all..

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 9:58 am

Top of the Morning to ya on the only day of the year when a Guinness breakfast is an acceptable occurrance :o

Just a quick confirmation of tonight's quiz effort...'From Last to First: A Boomerang St.Paddy's Day Adventure' :lol:

See you all there!!

Now, where's my pint of the Black & White?

Magoo

P.s. Great effort, WIMH...you've earned your Moet spurs for sure :cool:
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Well done, Mr. Ian :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 9:49 am

Just a quick posting to thank all for last night's St. Paddy's Day shennanigans...great stuff all :cool: .

Good to have so many new members in the team, and excellent work by Ian to create a 'private' quiz for us Motleys too, in light of the late St. Paddy's Day quiz cancellation. Let's keep it up, all :) .

We now have a number of quiz options to keep us ticking over, with Ian stepping up to the plate, and Rob starting up one next month also. Indeed, we'll soon have more quizzes than your average local police station to choose from :o

Hope that you had a great bday evening too, P & C, and will be good to get EVERYBODY at the next gathering. Quiz domination awaits :twisted:

Cheers

Magoo

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Plan tomorrow?

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 5:30 pm

So what's the plan for tomorrow, still going to Boomarang?

I'm ok for that. I still have the undeserved voucher that I won 2 weeks ago, so the first round of beers is under me!

Who's going this week?

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

The Quiz Is On....

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 2:29 pm

Howdee Doodee, everyone.

Just checked in with Boomerang to make sure the quiz is on...they're not anticipating any problems/last minute cancellations this time, so should be good to go :)

I'm a bit snowed under with work at the moment so may be rather late/might not even make it :roll:

You may need to lead the charge, Asdracles :)

Hope to be there for at least a few rounds (and also for the Quiz :lol: ). Have fun anyway, all :-D

Leading-The-'Respect For Others'-Campaign-Magoo

P.s. For any potentially interested newbies (newcomers ALWAYS welcome), the Quiz starts at 7.30pm sharp(ish) as follows:

Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 5:42 pm

Won't be there tonight. Nice of you to offer to share your voucher for beer Asdracles. Maybe the two new couples will turn up. Good luck later!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 5:53 pm

Nor Ms. C or I - Ms.C is presenting at a conference and I'm up to my armpits in office move stuff...sorry!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Apologies For Not Making It...

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 8:23 pm

In the spirit of some of the more traditional posters on the forum, WIMH, P & C...you're all mongrels for not making it tonight :P (says he who also didn't make it due to work stuff :oops: )

Only kidding, guys. Let's try to maintain this as one of the few threads where no nonsense ever creeps in :cool:

Sorry for not making it also, but looking forward to hearing how it went this evening :D

Keep it Motley :wink:

Magoo

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 9:02 pm

Ms. C and I are fine for next TUE - sorry team - as we've said before, we're only useful for pumping the drinking arms and it's just been dead crazy here - three countries in 5 days, office moves, eeek!

Mr. P

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Do you need any help with the move, P...?

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 9:17 pm

Good to hear that you'll be there next week, P & C. If I'm in town, I hope to make it too. Only joshing about tonight as I didn't make it either :oops: .

Anyway, don't be afraid to shout out if you need any help in moving. This e-learning design project is proving to be a rather solitary affair, and would be happy to provide an extra pair of hands for a few hours or so (if that's the kind of move that you're doing that is, even across 3 countries!!).

Good luck with that, and catch you soon.

Magoo

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:53 pm

Ah well seems the team may have done without us, Magoo! How well, not too sure! With us probably worse! Such is the thick tapestry of life!

Now, must take fallen office light out of head - oh damn, that was my only bright thought today!

P

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 9:26 am

Hey all,

Hope the break has refreshed your minds and you are raring to go. As per usual, we will be meeting at Boomerang to pit our minds against that of the Quiz Master and the other teams. For those who need reminding the address is

Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077

Be great to see if we can get a full strength team up again and all newbies welcome.

See you there
Kim

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 2:51 pm

Hi - Sharon and I will try and make it although busy busy BUSY at work so depends on what time we're let out.

Regards
Caged Animal Rob

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 5:58 pm

What fun and games you missed... WE WON!!!!!!! (by the skin of our teeth on the last Who-am-I round) And even more suprisingly we got 10/10 for the Australiana section and 8/10 for sport. All in all a good evening was had :D

There were 3 of us - Ian, myself and Peter (just off the plane from Aus), looking forward to a quiet evening with friends... But this was definitely the best quiz yet

There has been a change in format - each team is allowed to select a "bonus" category on which you earn double points. We scored 9/10 on General Knowledge which we had selected as our bonus round.
The questions were far more general and only in the Australiana round were the questions particularly down under.
There still remains a question about the validity of the Who-am-I round as we were leading by 9 points before then. If Peter had not answered when he did the other team would've won 9 points and beated us.

So, hope to see you all next week as it is the last one before Easter...
(Peter unfortunately will be back in Aus)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 6:01 pm

Hey congratulations!!! A great performance! Sorry we missed it. Also very pleased to hear they took your and Dave's ideas on board.

Well done!

Mr. P