Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

xxx

Postby Allibert » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 9:20 pm

Dave make sure you get in toiuch some time his week and keep me updated

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 9:33 pm

carteki wrote:I'm going to miss the end of the WIMH and Mr Magoo taxi saga's :in love:

You? What about me?? :cry:

See you tomorrow, Dave et al.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 9:36 pm

Sorry guys not able to be at quiz tomorrow night. But have a jolly good time without us yeah!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 2:08 pm

Always pending of last minute things as usual, but hopefully I will be there tonight!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers, Guys!!!

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 5:10 pm

Great to hear that a fair few of you can make it, and hugely sorry to hear that you can't make it, Ozchick....will be in touch anyway in da next few days to catch up...

WIMH....we now have a responsibility to make our last taxi ride for now the steamiest yet :shock: ....maybe even enlist Carteki into our shennanigans :cool:

Will keep you updated, Alibert, and Carteki has now taken over the guardianship of the colostomy bags, Sierra, so still waiting to be consumed :P

Good to hear that, barring last minute hold ups, you can make it too Astracles!!

Catch you all in 2 hours or so :-)

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

Hope_oz

Postby Hope_oz » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 8:08 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Hope from Australia - am newcomer to Singers - nearly 2 wks now and would love to join trivia night outings and karaoke. Pls lemme know if there are any upcoming! Cheers!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

An 'Interesting' Evening....

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:00 am

You are more than welcome to join future Pub Quiz & Karaoke gatherings, Hope :cool: . Just keep following this thread and we'll update you on all developments accordingly.

To the Motleys who were there last night, thanks for coming....as before, an even bigger thanks goes to Carteki for having the presence of mind to pre-prepare a back-up quiz, and then administering it with such aplomb :D

For those who couldn't make it, sorry to have missed you this time round, but will hopefully catch you again on my first return to Singers (assuming I leave in the first place....still trying to unearth some last minute rescue plan!!)...and will still contribute to this thread to help you guys carry on the good fight :cool:

Take care all, and its been a pleasure 'fighting in the trenches with you'...we've experienced the glory of victory and the misery of defeat, but most of all the joy of ever-strengthening friendship that has been the greatest reward of all (although I've yet to taste one of our colostomy bags yet so may be a bit premature with that statement :lol: )

Every day is a new adventure!!

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Pub Quiz Question Of The Day....

Postby Dave Magoo » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 3:53 pm

IHi guys!! In case you're not following the other thread running concurrent with this one, thought I'd better post here too.

I usually post around this time to confirm that our table for Pinchos has been booked. However, I've held back on booking for now to see what the opinion of the others is with regards to sticking with Pinchos or considering an alternative to try out tomorrow night at Boomerang as below. I think we can book either on the day without any probs.

So, the question of the day is...what say you, Motleys?

- Pinchos for one last effort?

- or Boomerang Aussie Pub at Robertson Quay for a recce of their quiz?

Will check in tomorrow at noon to book either option accordingly, so let me know by then....cheers!!

Magoo

p.s. Here's a write up I found on Boomerang to help you decide:

Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian. #01-15 The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay, 6738-1077. Get a piece of the great Aussie outback at this riverside Australian restaurant—and by that we are referring to great meats, wines and beers. On the menu for all-day grazing are the Aussie Tucker Plate ($45) with skewers of tenderly grilled Australian game meats like kangaroo, emu and crocodile, yummy thin crust pizzas ($15-24) and the Wagyu beef burger ($18). Wash it all down with the low-carb Pure Blonde beer. Check out its cool eco-conscious interior too—you might nick an idea or two for your own home. Open Mon-Wed 8am-1am; Thu-Sun 8am-3am.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Boomerang, it is :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 9:53 am

Hi guys. To allow a bit more time to spread the word of change of location, I've jumped ahead of the lunchtime deadline and gone ahead to book a table for 8 people at Boomerang as follows:

Boomarang Bistro & Bar Australian.
#01-15 The Quayside,
60 Robertson Quay,
Tel: 6738-1077.

Hope you guys don't mind me going ahead and acting independently, and hope to see you there.

Whoever sees this, please spread the word to other Motleys and new people too (sorry for the late notice, Hope, but hope you're still interested in joining us!!).

Thanks for the tip on the Boomerang Hildegard also :cool:

See you all from 7pm (the quiz seems to start then so please try to get there a bit earlier than Pinchos....although I'll hold the fort in the interim :o )

Magoo

bugs01

Postby bugs01 » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:25 am

Sorry to hear you guys are moving on. My team (and hopefully another new one) will be down at Pinchos again, loving the ambiance and the 7 bucks a beer.

Ill check up on your reports on how Boomerang goes.

Thanks Kim for doing the questions last week, guess Ill have to wait to buy you that thank you long island ice tea!

Malcolm

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 2:48 pm

bugs01 wrote:Sorry to hear you guys are moving on. My team (and hopefully another new one) will be down at Pinchos again, loving the ambiance and the 7 bucks a beer.

Thanks Kim for doing the questions last week, guess Ill have to wait to buy you that thank you long island ice tea!

Malcolm

So why's Kim doing the questions again?! Surely not the same problem as the previous week?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 4:22 pm

Oz, umm Kim stepped in last week as TJ didn't show. Tonight is a new venue, new people, new quiz...totally different. HTH, P

bugs01

Postby bugs01 » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 4:25 pm

ozchick wrote:
bugs01 wrote:Sorry to hear you guys are moving on. My team (and hopefully another new one) will be down at Pinchos again, loving the ambiance and the 7 bucks a beer.

Malcolm

So why's Kim doing the questions again?! Surely not the same problem as the previous week?

TJ had an urgent matter to attend to at home I believe.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

The Jury Is Out On Boomerang....

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:12 am

An interesting evening has just been had by the Motley Revolution....Boomerang has a lot going for it, but, like everything in life, also a lot that could be improved....

Positives: 6/7 teams, well structured quiz with topics assigned to each round, good variety of questions....ok enough prizes....won a bottle of wine and 6 bottles of 'Pure Blonde' beer for coming 2nd tonight (not too bad!!), more convenient location (at least is in town et al....)

Improvement Areas: Quizmaster lacked 'pizzazz', dubious answers to some of the questions, still too much distance between teams (u don't really know or care who ur competing against), possibly too much 'insider knowledge' between da quizmaster and at least one of the teams, nonsense 'Who am I' round that gives too many points away for one question (Motleys would've won if wasn't for that)

All in all, good to see one of the alternatives....not sure if continue or go back to Pinchos (or even check out another quiz...)

Questions for another day. In the meantime, well done P & C, Ozchick, Astracles and myself on a more than credible (indeed we wuz robbed of 1st) 2nd place....bottle of wine is with Astracles, 6 bottles of 'Ursula Andress-inspired' Pure Blonde beer is with me. :cool:

The 'where next' discussions start here.... :???:

Magoo

jacebreen

Postby jacebreen » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 9:10 am

How about Picotin? They are holding 'Pizza and Trivia Nights' starting 4th March.

Bring in your team and your IQ, and win some great treats as you enjoy friendly competition!

Your host for the evening will be TJ, whose comedic wit has been known to appeal to just about anyone and everyone. A man who eats, sleeps and drinks comedy, TJ will ensure that our trivia nights are filled with challenge and entertainment!

Trivia Nights at Picotin:
March 4 and 18
April 1, 15 and 29
May 13 and 27
June 10 and 24
July 8