Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 9:26 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:Hey I trust the young Magoo

See, not all of us think that you are 52!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Posting from Santiago....

Postby Dave Magoo » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:35 am

Ok, guys. I admit it. It's all true...after having a torrid, if all-too-brief affair with WIMH in the all-too-short taxi ride back, I immediately headed to Chiangi with our hard-earned $100 SGD vouchers and booked myself on the first flight out of here to Chile's beguiling capital city (using false documentation of course denying my actual young-at-heart 76 year old status) from whence I send you this prose whilst sipping Tequilla Sunsets with my Dakar Rally chums (which just happens to be in the hood), overseen by a life-size portrait of the original 'Pincho' (as we used to affectionately call him), The General (God rest his merry soul...) :cool:

However, after declining the offer to ride a Kawasaki 125cc Sandeater over dune and through thicket en route to the Rally's Buenos Aires finishing line, and, due to very favourable exchange rates, having only spent an Old Chang Kee Curry Puff's worth of our prize voucher SGD, I'm happy to report that I will return (with vouchers) to again prove that I am a Subject Matter Expert on the intricacies of Kim Basinger's oft-controversial, but highly artistic career :shock:

In other words, see y'all (including the welcome return of our travelling quizzers + newbies) on Tuesday...Pinchos from 7.15-ish

Hasta la vista for now

Magoo

p.s. The taxi ride part might have been a 'slight' exaggeration (sorry WIMH!!), but the rest of it is 100% true (in the same way that the soon-to-be-departed-but-in-no-way-lamented George W.'s assertion that there were WOMD in Iraq also proved to be 100% true :mad: )
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

BTW

Postby Allibert » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 3:25 pm

Hope our quiz master can do something about the prices - S$ 14 for a large coke is ridiculous and might explain, apart from its positioning, why there were so few people there apart from us quizees.

With prices like that you'll have to get Baron von Richthofen on your own in future

Alan

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 4:09 pm

That can be the first question what is the average price of a large coke.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Posting from Santiago....

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 9:26 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:p.s. The taxi ride part might have been a 'slight' exaggeration (sorry WIMH!!)

I think you didn't exaggerate enough, actually. You forget there was another young man with us, and could have included the poor chap in our drunken orgy. Now he's going to feel left out... hopefully he doesn't read about it here! :lol:

QRM,

Does this mean you are joining us? That would be great!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:12 pm

I would love to but a 3 year old tagging along might be a problem!!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 9:51 am

Allibert - as we discussed we'll propose to the new establishment that they extend happy hour for trivia nights. Not sure how we'll go, but worth a shot I guess.

Magoo - very entertaining post - thanks for the laughs :)

P

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Table Booked for 10-12 From 7.15pm...Al Fresco :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 6:18 pm

I was trying to be a little discreet, WIMH, but now that you've opened the floodgates, I feel it necessary to give the taxi cab Uncle an honorable mention also....and as for the Security Guard at your apartment...well, the least said about that the better... :o :oops: :lol:

Just letting you guys know that I've confirmed the table under the Motley moniker for the ever-optimistic number of 10-12 persons. As before, we'll be al fresco so bring a brolly!!

See y'all tomorrow....the drinks are on me (up to $100 SGD anyway!!).

Magoo

p.s. Thanks P for your comments...I prob. should find something a bit more productive to do on a Sunday morning than feed my own fertile imagination!!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:51 pm

I'll be bringing a friend, ok with everyone? English major - so Allibert will stop glaring at me every time a literature question comes up! :tongue: :D

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

well well

Postby Allibert » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:20 pm

As long as you're ready for Karaoke this week, I'll forgive you the literature questions:)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 9:45 am

An English Major, eh? I'd have thought someone of your calibre would settle for nothing less than a colonel :lol:

Should we salute them when you arrive? Wear parade uniform or dress? Or just parade around in a dress?

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Saluting the English Major....

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:31 pm

Indeed, Sierra, full parade ground attire needed....anyone got some spare spit and polish :P . It'll be just like my post-war National Service in 1948 :cool:

WIMH - I hope that it is Major Trivia-Knowledge you are bringing to our little soiree, rather than Major Catastrophe :lol: (just kidding!!). Of course, very welcome indeed.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

The Guardian of The Lost Vouchers Of The Motley Hill Tribes Of The Malay Peninsula

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:46 pm

Will be there tonight. The rooster too, maybe (PLEASE don't mention the 'war').
Look forward to catching up with y'all!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 1:06 pm

Ya, y'all better snap to attention when we get there! Look spiffy too, or major detention for you. And no corny jokes about kernels, please. :lol:

Ozbabe, my lips are sealed... for a price! :P Ok ok, I'll be on my best behaviour. Will be lovely to have you back with us.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

WIMH

Postby Allibert » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 1:08 pm

Hope you've already reserved tomorrow or Thursday night too. Have got my list ready ;)