Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
btv

Postby btv » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:59 pm

hi all, when i asked TJ (host) about the film and tv questions for next week he said its not just film and tv this week. He was just commenting on how many of us got those ?'s wrong so it should be like always and a whole range of ?'s. So we should do as usual.....not too good :-|
ozchick: did you reply to kim's poll for tomorrow night? seems like a good way to tally the numbers without all the pm's
see you tomorrow night.
ps. i dont mind making the res. if needed.
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

Lankan_Kid

Postby Lankan_Kid » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:27 pm

So, for the quiz tomorrow night (25th Nov) we have (in no particular order)

(1) ozchick
(2) btv
(3) carteki
(4) Lankan_Kid

Have I missed anyone? Any other takers?

Please add names to the list. Thanks.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:15 pm

Aargh! Why do people move things without telling us?

I added my name to the new thread, and only just found this. Lankan Kid, thanks for compiling. After adding mine the total should be:

1) Ozchick
2) Rooster
3) BTV
4) Carteki
5) Lankan Kid
6) WIMH
7) WIMH's brain (ok seriously, this is a person)

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:52 am

1) Ozchick
2) Rooster
3) BTV
4) Carteki
5) Lankan Kid
6) WIMH
7) WIMH's brain (ok seriously, this is a person)
8) Asdracles
9) Asdracles' brain (TOO :D )

We will try to be there on time, but as usual, can't promise :(

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

A Return To The Fold...

Postby Dave Magoo » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:53 am

After much wailing and nashing of teeth, not to mention a fair bit of good ole fashioned detective work, have managed to find my way back to this thread. Wow, looks like there's been quite a 'rumble in the jungle' since I last checked.... :???:

As before, apols for not making tonight's quiz....like last week, more hosting duties et al. However, am staking my flag on already committing to next week's quiz if it's still on, and if there's room for me.

Please put my name down, Carteki/Oz Chick, or whoever is this week's attendance monitor....cheers!!

Hope everyone managed to find their way to a successful outing tonight, and catch you next week for sure. Have a great week in the interim :-)

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

carteki
Editor
Editor

bookins are now open

Postby carteki » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:30 am

:D
Last edited by carteki on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

carteki
Editor
Editor

bookins are now open

Postby carteki » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:31 am

Bookings are now open for 2 Dec... "cast your vote" here http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... tml#365283

Kim

durianisgreat

Postby durianisgreat » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:03 am

Okay this is the quiz master himself, stop talking behind my back. No really, you guys make me feel all the hard work is worth it, see you Tuesday..
You can laugh now.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Following on from the Quiz Master himself....am honoured :-)

Postby Dave Magoo » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:56 pm

But how to follow on from the Fountain of All Knowledge & Gatekeeper Of The Oracle of Brewerkz (aka...the answers!!), I ask myself :shock: I'll do my best.

Just confirming that I was number 4 on the Vote link and will deffo be attending the 'advent calendar opening' quiz this Tuesday...after missing the last 2 or 3, am looking forward to being Motlier than I've been in a fair while....should be fun!!

See y'all there at 7.15pm-ish onwards :D

2nd place minimum is all ours - especially now that we have the Quiz Master onside, right Mr Durian Is Great? :cool: (talking of which, I recently heard the aforesaid Esplanade Theatre-resembling fruit described thus: Tastes like Heaven, smells like Hell...made me chuckle anyway :lol: )

Magoover

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Hmm

Postby Allibert » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 7:13 am

Enjoy this week. I should be back in action again next week after giving my brain a good old rest.

Alan

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

A miss this week

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 8:51 pm

I'm in Seoul this week, so I will miss it. I hope to be able to be back before next Tuesday

See you then!

btv

Postby btv » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:27 pm

hi all, im in for this week. i was #2 on the poll for "yes". sorry i didnt post my name i just read now that i was supposed to...woops.
ive been out of town until last night so im not up to date on any current events unless it has to do with beer and Thai beaches ;-) Im going to bring my friend with me again but she will probably have to leave early, but we can use her until then. see you tonight.
so me plus 1 brain.
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 4:36 pm

OK think we got 6, without checking the poll. Hey what about you Sierra (P and C)? Miss you guys!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Postby Dave Magoo » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:18 pm

Well done, the Motley Crew, for a particularly Motley effort tonight !! It was good to be back, even if we can only squeeze out one more quiz before the festivities kick in :wink:

Let's have a contingency plan in place in case next week's usual quiz doesn't take place (Keep us updated if u can, DurianisGreat :???: )...Holland Village or the Old Brown Shoe (I think) were the alternatives suggested.

Hope to catch up with all for one last time in 08 next week...until then, happy Hari Raya Haji Day on Monday (long weekend :cool: )...more reserved energy to reclaim our '2nd place & above' status on the 9th :lol:

Magoo

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 1:21 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:Well done, the Motley Crew, for a particularly Motley effort tonight !! It was good to be back, even if we can only squeeze out one more quiz before the festivities kick in :wink:

Let's have a contingency plan in place in case next week's usual quiz doesn't take place (Keep us updated if u can, DurianisGreat :???: )...Holland Village or the Old Brown Shoe (I think) were the alternatives suggested.

Hope to catch up with all for one last time in 08 next week...until then, happy Hari Raya Haji Day on Monday (long weekend :cool: )...more reserved energy to reclaim our '2nd place & above' status on the 9th :lol:

Magoo

Good on ya Magoo- and the stuff you know! Man you've studied a scary book or two in your time! :wink:
Will check this thread Monday night if anyone wants to find out what's a happenin'.....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'