Singapore Expats Forum

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 6:28 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:Was SMS there? Oh, I suppose that American accent next to my ear all night must have been his. Didn't see much of the man himself though, what with his disappearing act and all. :lol:

You did well tonight, Asdracles. Allibert was on fire too. Kartiki was her usual brilliant self. It was great getting to know everyone better.

Three cheers for Ozchick for organising yet another fun night! She's been a darling trying to work out the numbers and making the bookings each week.

Thanks W.I.M.H. Yeah I had such a fun time that I came home and started dancing with wolves and killing armadillos! :wink:
It sure was great night yes indeedy!
So solutions to the last minute scramble to total 'players'. T'was a bit rushed yesterday yeah?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 6:54 am

Well, I have to say, I had a very enjoyable evening and it was my pleasure meeting all of you last night. My sincere thanks to Ozchick & WIMH for coaxing me out of my cave! :kiss:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 8:26 am

SMS, my friend, I am so happy you went :D .

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:16 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, I have to say, I had a very enjoyable evening and it was my pleasure meeting all of you last night. My sincere thanks to Ozchick & WIMH for coaxing me out of my cave! :kiss:

Good on you SMS ! And a wonderful contributor you were too!
Mm..but maybe you could brush up on your biblical knowledge. I checked my book of psalms when I got home and I didn't see OUCH anywhere!
:wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:00 am

ozchick wrote:Mm..but maybe you could brush up on your biblical knowledge. I checked my book of psalms when I got home and I didn't see OUCH anywhere!
:wink:

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot! #-o

The initial exclamation was edited out when the King James Translation was released due to the bummer it was giving to the readers. It also didn't flow well with the subsequent exclamations so it was given the editor's red pencil.
:mrgreen:

Also, Gutenberg didn't have large enough woodblock letters to really give meaning to the word at that time! :wink:

carteki
Editor
Editor

And the accountant...

Postby carteki » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:28 am

Hey all, Good night last night - thanks for organising again!

I realised that we actually came 2nd in the previous quiz (no need for a tie breaker) - it was just that they didn't give us the point for the guy who insulted the princess...

Now to find some music and film buffs for next week...

Lankan_Kid

Postby Lankan_Kid » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:05 pm

A fun night all round yesterday ! Thanks once again to Oz Chick for her organisational energy !

Who's in for next week?

Date: Tuesday 25th Nov 08
Time: 7.30pm
Venue: Brewerkz at Bukit Timah (903 Bukit Timah Road)

Please respond by Monday evening so that a booking can be made on Tuesday ... and start watching all those movies !

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:28 pm

Lankan_Kid wrote:A fun night all round yesterday ! Thanks once again to Oz Chick for her organisational energy !

Who's in for next week?

Date: Tuesday 25th Nov 08
Time: 7.30pm
Venue: Brewerkz at Bukit Timah (903 Bukit Timah Road)

Please respond by Monday evening so that a booking can be made on Tuesday ... and start watching all those movies !

Good on you LK and I'll be there next week. If the rooster's back from O.S. I'll let you know if he's coming too. I'm gonna leave this thread now until next Monday night so yeah LK much appreciated!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:16 pm

ozchick wrote:...Now peoples I think Sierra (P+C) are having troubles with their new PC's :P ...

Thanks Oz - yes we had a huge outage here last weekend requiring new hard drives etc, so I'm sorry neither of us could help organise nor contribute our grey hairs to the evening.

Glad all went well - well done all!

Cheers, P&C

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Next week

Postby Allibert » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:59 pm

Sorry I can;t make it next week but i"ll be wishing another Baron von Richthofen question turns up and thinking of you while I'm freezing in Finland

Alan

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:27 pm

I was having a beer at a local place within the local community complex by Kovan shopping mall, there is an outside restaurant come bar, with satellite projector for showing football and other sports events straight across from Mc Donalds.

Anyway this place is very easy to get to on the MRT, and I talked to the owner about holding quiz night once a week, I know there are quite a few expats living in the area, and it also only takes 20 minutes from the City.

It would be great if locals and expats could get together and kick start a quiz night once a week... There is also a pool table outside, and i'm sure there are other facilities, like badminton and a gym available within the boundary of the outside bar/restaurant.

If there is any support in the east for a quiz night, please let me know, and i can discuss with the owner...the beer is only 5$ and the food is very reasonable too.

Anyone willing to be quiz master? and what night would be convenient? If i can get a list of names and find out the procedure for gifts for the winners, I can see if the guy is willing to let us use his place. It's quite an ambient area, there is also a stage, platform area for entertainers, singers. Any supporters of the idea? if so maybe i will help out too! The other place is a long way from this area and not easy to get to and the beer is probably cheaper to!

By the way, I was just in Holland village tonight, to have a look around, that place is quite nice, plenty of bars, I can see why many expats end up in that area, although there are other nice places around too.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Alternative

Postby carteki » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:01 am

Hi,
I have just confirmed that Turnstyles in Holland Village has a pub quiz on Tuesday and Thursday nights - they also seem to have some sort of league which means that your scores are cumulative... This is another alternative.
See you tomorrow.
Kim

carteki
Editor
Editor

Something Different

Postby carteki » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:05 am

Hi,
I'm trying something different here... Using a "poll" to discover how many people are attending. To sign up, please check the link here: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... 105#364812 and then post a reply with your name.
See you
Kim

btv

Postby btv » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:57 pm

Great idea Kim, how do you see who is actually coming? can only the person who sets up the voting view the names? it will not change my vote, im just curious. i have some friends that were discussing going to quiz night on thursdays somewhere after they practice netball, that must be the place. This is their first week going so i will email them after they attend and get some more info.
see you all tomorrow night. im making a note to bring my thinking cap...if i only could remember where i put it :D
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 4:43 pm

Had to 'search' for this thread..mm..where did it go? :?
Anyway, Lankan Kid or anybody compiling names etc I'll be there with the rooster tomorrow night. Not that we know much about the topic- film and television....but we'll cheer for those who do! :) Please don't anybody PM me...getting a little fatigued with everything about now. Happy to book though if nobody else wants the job.