Singapore Expats

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks, but can't right now, one of us not even in the country the other not able to do much at the moment except play on computers. :?

Perhaps in the new year...it's not that far away you know.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:34 am

WIMH & Gang - yes we're in country this week and both of us are free on TUE night! Cheers, P & C

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 3:16 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:WIMH & Gang - yes we're in country this week and both of us are free on TUE night! Cheers, P & C
\:D/

Looks like quite a party this Tuesday! Good. This time the rest of you can work and Ozchick and I can drink beers in peace.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 4:46 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
ozchick wrote:WIMH and I promise to blame you for anything we get wrong! What more could you ask for?! :wink:
Ya! All the men in Ozchick's and my life are so lucky. :lol:

(though last time all the mistakes were hers, of course! :cool: )
Oi! I resemble that remark!

So that makes 6 (or 7 Wimoweh if you bring a friend?) Will book for a table of 6 unless anyone else wnats to join us. And I hope some of you folk know summit' cos if y'all relyin' on me, he he- you're dreamin'!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Count me in too...

Post by Dave Magoo » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 4:33 am

Have literally just got back from Jakarta, and would certainly be up for a bit of Tuesday night Tiger-sponsored mental gymnastics, Ozchick et al...make that a table for 8.... :o

Sounding like it's gonna be quite a gathering. :cool:

C u all on Tues...btw: how best to ensure I join the right table?
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: Count me in too...

Post by ozchick » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:11 pm

Dave Magoo wrote:Have literally just got back from Jakarta, and would certainly be up for a bit of Tuesday night Tiger-sponsored mental gymnastics, Ozchick et al...make that a table for 8.... :o

Sounding like it's gonna be quite a gathering. :cool:

C u all on Tues...btw: how best to ensure I join the right table?
Didn't your mama ever warn you about hanging out with strangers?! :wink:
He he...nah I recall you still can't check PM's yet Dave yeah? I'll tell the wait staff to look out for a Pommie Dave and to send him our way!
Study up now Dave. Stuff about Barack Obama...reckon that'll be on the agenda.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:26 pm

Just booked for 8 for tomorrow night. But they reckon we're only permitted a max of 5. So they're gonna try 2 tables of 4 side by side hope that's all right with all you motley crew.
Mm...W.I.M.H. I'm sure that long table on our right last time had at least 6. Can you recall?
:cry: Ooh W.I.M.H. What if nobody wants to sit with me cos I don't have enough useless, unimportant, pathetic, superfluous who-cares information in my tired brain?!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:35 pm

ozchick wrote:Mm...W.I.M.H. I'm sure that long table on our right last time had at least 6. Can you recall?
:cry: Ooh W.I.M.H. What if nobody wants to sit with me cos I don't have enough useless, unimportant, pathetic, superfluous who-cares information in my tired brain?!
Aw, I'll sit next to you honey. We'll let the rest show off how much they know while we drink beers, chat girly stuff, and look at cute men!

I thought there were tables with 6 or 8 people last time too. Maybe we're not VIPs so we don't get the long tables they reserve for the regulars and winners? You need to go work your charm on that MC guy...

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:37 pm

Given we're bringing our grey matter (that is, hair), then put us on the nice table please. And be kind to those of us that are older, all you young sparks. You also, will be grey one day.

P & C :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:05 pm

Unless she becomes like me. I have very little grey at 61.......

Course I've got very little hair as well! :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Unless she becomes like me. I have very little grey at 61.......

Course I've got very little hair as well! :mrgreen:
Oh Farm-boy! When I saw that you'd posted, I thought you were gonna join us?! What do we have to do to get you to grace us with your presence? Just think of the great wonder and awe that would greet you upon your arrival! It's not every day that a boy from the backwaters gets to reach celebrity status.....have I got ya yet?! :)
Come ON!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:54 pm

Ya! My heart went pitter patter too, thinking that finally SMS was going to get social and come meet us.

SMS, COME ON !

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Dave Magoo » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:57 pm

If it helps, sundaymorningstaple, I'm from Tractor Boy territory myself...if in name only admittedly...hair I can do, grey too (in patches)...highly recommend u join us, just so that you can finally prove that farmer boys don't always plough a lonely furrow :)

Will be going against my mother's advice and will deffo be hanging out with what sounds like an increasingly 'strange' bunch of strangers :wink: Am looking forward to it....

Finally, please remember that it's not the taking part, but the pounding the hell out of the opposition that counts....

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

Lankan_Kid

Post by Lankan_Kid » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 7:15 am

Is there space little 'un tonight? My brain is full of usless crap at the best of times ....

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 8:08 am

Lankan_Kid wrote:Is there space little 'un tonight? My brain is full of usless crap at the best of times ....
Yeah please join us Lankan_Kid. You sound thoroughly perfect for this type of activity! I'll tell the wait staff to look out for a useless guy who's wanting to join a table for 9! Can't PM you so I'll decorate one of our 2 tables with.....mm... a little Christmas Tree! Seriously!:cool:
We're expected at about 7.00pm-7.15pm for a 7.30 start. I'll be there to 'waste some space' at around 7.15pm.
The night usually finishes about 9.45-10.00pm I think.
We have a few names we could use for our 2 tables:
NADS (Sierra will explain), Strange Brew, Motley Crew, Cool and the Gang, among others.

Please all: Note the address is NOT the Breworks by the river .
Our venue is in Bukit Timah. See below.
Brewerkz Bukit Timah
903 Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 589620
Tel: (65) 6464 8155

Operating Hours
Mon – Fri & PH Eve: 4pm - 1am
Sat: 11am - 1am
Sun & PH: 11am - 12mn