Singapore Expats Forum

British Airways cabin crew recruitment (deadline 14 Nov. )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
msgrapey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 24 Nov 2008

Re: BA interviews

Postby msgrapey » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 2:58 pm

BA_wannabe wrote:
msgrapey wrote:
jas85 wrote:Hi,

I've oso got thru to the 2nd stage on 8th jan..

I attended the interview on the 2nd of dec..

but I tot the interview on 8th is supposed to be the last 1?
so there is still a final rd after 8th jan?


Hi all

this is what my interviewer briefed me:

8,9,10th Jan - Round 2 of interview which will last between 3-3.5 hrs
11th Jan - Round 3 of interview which is a 2 to 1 interview to let them get to know us better.

After which if everything is fine, then we will proceed to medical and they will conduct reference checks.


hi msgrapey, this may sound silly, but is there any elimination in Rd 3?


hi babe

my take on this: nothing is confirmed until u sign on the employment contract. i wont put it as elimination, but maybe they might find that person unsuitable after that 2-to-1 interview chat, or if anyone fails her medical or reference checks, it will also deem that she had been booted out.

I will say Round 3 and thereafter is just a further confirmation for them to say "Yes, she is suitable". In all, we should just be our natural selves and give them the best :P

BA_wannabe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

BA interviews

Postby BA_wannabe » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 3:06 pm

thanks for e clarification msgrapey =)

Lookin forward to Rd 2~!

*jia you* to everyone :P

msgrapey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 24 Nov 2008

Re: BA interviews

Postby msgrapey » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 3:50 pm

BA_wannabe wrote:thanks for e clarification msgrapey =)

Lookin forward to Rd 2~!

*jia you* to everyone :P


hey babe, dont mention it, no need for thanks. Its just my 2 cents' worth of thoughts.. its not cast in stone.. i mean i maybe wrong?! hehehe.. (disclaimer: it shouldnt alter anyone's expectations in 1 way or another)

shenoes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 31 Oct 2008

Postby shenoes » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 4:16 pm

msgrapey wrote:hi gals,

im in for 9th Jan 2pm. Anyone else?


me also, 9th Jan at 2pm. am so surprise they called. The caller, i forget the name, a lady was telling me half way and she sudd ask 'are u excited?'
Of cOs I am! Then she say,'tats gd, i just wana confirm cos you dun sound very excitec."

:D :D :D

So happy!! still gt chances!!
-shenoes-

mooooolaaaaa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008

Postby mooooolaaaaa » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 4:37 pm

i got a call too and my interview will be on the 9th jan 2pm.

=D

oceanmist
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006
Contact:

Postby oceanmist » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 4:43 pm

me too. mine is on 08 Jan @ 2 pm
anyone else same slot?

joie de vivi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby joie de vivi » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 7:37 pm

Congrats to all who got through!

Anyone happen to also be going on 8 Jan, 9.45am slot? :)
the best way to predict the future is to create it

piggybag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 19 Nov 2008

Postby piggybag » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 8:52 pm

Hi lovely

Mine is the 10 am slot on 09th jan.. hey just wondering because on my first RD, i did not see any guys.. anyone knows if a guy is going for the second RD as well? or they are only looking at female candidates? :-) But congrats on those who got into the second round! Cheers!
Piggybag :@

joie de vivi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby joie de vivi » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 9:39 pm

piggybag wrote:
hey just wondering because on my first RD, i did not see any guys.. anyone knows if a guy is going for the second RD as well? or they are only looking at female candidates? :-)


They do accept male applicants too; I saw one during my first round...
the best way to predict the future is to create it

BA_wannabe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

BA interview

Postby BA_wannabe » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:37 pm

joie de vivi wrote:Congrats to all who got through!

Anyone happen to also be going on 8 Jan, 9.45am slot? :)


hi there!! im also allocated on the 8th Jan 9.45am~!
im so excited yet afraid!! wahaha~

joie de vivi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: BA interview

Postby joie de vivi » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:48 pm

BA_wannabe wrote: hi there!! im also allocated on the 8th Jan 9.45am~!
im so excited yet afraid!! wahaha~


Hi ba_wannabe! Yay! I think we are going for the very first slot? So nerve-wrecking! Haha. :)
the best way to predict the future is to create it

saraqz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: singapore

Postby saraqz » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:48 pm

I got the call to go for the 9.45am slot on 9th Jan!=)

Anyway, just want to share about something that i'm doing right now. It's abit kiasu, but hey, I'm home on a friday night and feeling excited about the BA interview...might as well do something relevant and find out more about the company! You should do the same! lotsa interesting things to read about.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I was reading the flight timetables and noticed that the Singapore-based crew only needs to be trained on one aircraft type for now, since BA only utilises the 747 on routes flown by the sg-based crew. That's good news for us, should we get recruited, cos SQ trainees got to learn and be tested on at least 3 aircraft types during training!

I know i'm having abit of a slacker-mentality=P
Anyway, go find out more about BA and enjoy reading up on ur potential employer=)

pinklush
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

Postby pinklush » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 1:42 pm

msgrapey wrote:
jas85 wrote:Hi,

I've oso got thru to the 2nd stage on 8th jan..

I attended the interview on the 2nd of dec..

but I tot the interview on 8th is supposed to be the last 1?
so there is still a final rd after 8th jan?


Hi all

this is what my interviewer briefed me:

8,9,10th Jan - Round 2 of interview which will last between 3-3.5 hrs
11th Jan - Round 3 of interview which is a 2 to 1 interview to let them get to know us better.

After which if everything is fine, then we will proceed to medical and they will conduct reference checks.


Thks for the info msgrapey! and my 2nd stage is also on 08 Jan at 9.45am, same as joie de vivi and BA_wannabe..!!
Maybe we met each other during our 1st stage as well.. I'm the 2nd last gal for the 12pm slot on 01 dec.. =)

joie de vivi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby joie de vivi » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 5:24 pm

pinklush wrote: and my 2nd stage is also on 08 Jan at 9.45am, same as joie de vivi and BA_wannabe..!!
Maybe we met each other during our 1st stage as well.. I'm the 2nd last gal for the 12pm slot on 01 dec.. =)


I finished mine at 12pm on 1 Dec. :)

Anyway that's great! We'll look out for each other on 8 Jan? :)
the best way to predict the future is to create it

bunny+sammi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008

Postby bunny+sammi » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 8:17 pm

saraqz wrote:I got the call to go for the 9.45am slot on 9th Jan!=)

Anyway, just want to share about something that i'm doing right now. It's abit kiasu, but hey, I'm home on a friday night and feeling excited about the BA interview...might as well do something relevant and find out more about the company! You should do the same! lotsa interesting things to read about.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I was reading the flight timetables and noticed that the Singapore-based crew only needs to be trained on one aircraft type for now, since BA only utilises the 747 on routes flown by the sg-based crew. That's good news for us, should we get recruited, cos SQ trainees got to learn and be tested on at least 3 aircraft types during training!

I know i'm having abit of a slacker-mentality=P
Anyway, go find out more about BA and enjoy reading up on ur potential employer=)



Hi I also went to check out the BA website, for flights to LHR, Sydney and Beijing, they use B747 aircrafts, however for flights to Shanghai they use B777 aircrafts, so i guess we need to learn more than one aircraft types if selected.
I also find out that there is no direct flight from sin to either shanghai or beijing, so that means if we r employed, next time we will always be flying 4 sectors route, i.e. sin-lhr, lhr-shanghai, shanghai-Lhr and Lhr back to Sin, I heard the flight patterns usually last about 10 days.. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests