Singapore Expats Forum

British Airways cabin crew recruitment (deadline 14 Nov. )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklush
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

Re: ba interviews

Postby pinklush » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 4:40 pm

BA_wannabe wrote:hi pinklush!

i jus received the call for 8th Jan too!! omg, to think i screwed up BOTH my eng n chi passage i still get the call..but i had confident only in my translation. My interviewer mentioned that Rd 2 will be spread over 3hrs...but Joe, the caller, mentioned it will take up half a day..hmm..wondering how long it'll really last...any idea wad does Rd 2 consist of??? im so nervous!!


haha.. it comes when u least expected.. it's a bonus!

The lady caller did not tell me how long it takes.. I'm nervous too.. =)

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun, 06 Aug 2006

Re: ba interview

Postby lindyhoppe » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 4:53 pm

pinklush wrote:hi all, i went for the interview on 01 dec at 12pm slot.. Surprisingly, i just got a call. informing me i got thru to 2nd stage. It'll be on 8 Jan.. :D

Don't know what to expect for stge 2. Anyone got any idea?


Dear Pinklush: This post of yours sums up my experience & certainly my thoughts.

Which means - i'll be seeing you on 08 Jan! *in gigantic surprise*

I asked the same question (what would happen at Stage 2) to my caller and she said she does not have the information.

trenteans
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 30 Nov 2008
Location: SIN

To Plavt..

Postby trenteans » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 7:53 pm

"I assume you made your application in writing so maybe that had something to do with it"

I have to say that I did my best for my application, and it also checked by a friend of mine who works as a HR expert.

One thing for sure is I will not give up trying for the next opening.

Thanks again for your reply.
The only way out is always through.

bunny+sammi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008

Postby bunny+sammi » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 8:43 pm

hi, i'm new to this forum... juz wanna share my experience with BA interview, i attended the 1st round on 1st Dec 3pm, the interviewer is a lady, very friendly, after the interview i chatted a bit with her. She gave me some tips on 2nd interview, she said 1st round will be a group interview, it'll b a topic given to us, she wants to see our interaction skills, then there will be written test, some math questions coz math skills is needed for on board duty-free sales. She told me BA is looking for pple with good customer service skills, preferably with customer service experience, but not necessary from airline.
I got my 2nd interview on 8th jan too... good luck to all who make it to 2nd round.

saraqz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: singapore

Postby saraqz » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks for the reminder Plavt! :)
Hmm..from the looks of it, they've only started calling the successful applicants from day 1, which is 1st Dec. Correct me if i'm wrong. Do post if u went for the interview on 2nd Dec and got a phone call. That way, the rest of us can stop the dreadful wait and move on. Good luck to all! :)

Flippin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2008

Postby Flippin » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:56 pm

Congrats to all those who have received a call!

When i attended stage 2 a few years ago, it lasted about 3 hours.

If i remember correctly. First we gathered in a room. There were about 20 of us. A lady opened the session by telling us about what contract they were offering etc, another lady told us about the job scope etc. We broke up into 2 groups to do group exercise. A topic was given and we came up with a few ideas and present them. Then we break for a small tea party where we mingled with the crew and asked them questions. Then we all met back in the room and did some simple calculation exercises with calculators provided (no more language assessment). Then we had another short break. Then we met back again and they let us know who made it to the final round.

All the best!!
Live and let live

BA_wannabe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

Postby BA_wannabe » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:58 pm

Flippin wrote:Congrats to all those who have received a call!

When i attended stage 2 a few years ago, it lasted about 3 hours.

If i remember correctly. First we gathered in a room. There were about 20 of us. A lady opened the session by telling us about what contract they were offering etc, another lady told us about the job scope etc. We broke up into 2 groups to do group exercise. A topic was given and we came up with a few ideas and present them. Then we break for a small tea party where we mingled with the crew and asked them questions. Then we all met back in the room and did some simple calculation exercises with calculators provided (no more language assessment). Then we had another short break. Then we met back again and they let us know who made it to the final round.


All the best!!


Hi Flippin, thanks so much for the info! =) so on the day itself of Rd 2, we'll
know if we're going for thr 3rd Rd? no more waiting game?

Flippin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2008

Postby Flippin » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:11 am

Yup! Think final stage is held less than a week after stage 2 so they'll let you know if you make it or not at the end of stage 2.

Guess it'll be like handiplast, the pain of not going through is fast and sharp!

Many leave stage 2 not knowing for sure why they don't make it to round 3...
Live and let live

joie de vivi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby joie de vivi » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:13 am

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. I see there are quite a number of you going for 8 Jan slot. Am wondering if your interview is also 9.45am?
the best way to predict the future is to create it

User avatar
jas85
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jas85 » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:50 am

Hi,

I've oso got thru to the 2nd stage on 8th jan..

I attended the interview on the 2nd of dec..

but I tot the interview on 8th is supposed to be the last 1?
so there is still a final rd after 8th jan?

msgrapey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 24 Nov 2008

Postby msgrapey » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:07 am

jas85 wrote:Hi,

I've oso got thru to the 2nd stage on 8th jan..

I attended the interview on the 2nd of dec..

but I tot the interview on 8th is supposed to be the last 1?
so there is still a final rd after 8th jan?


Hi all

this is what my interviewer briefed me:

8,9,10th Jan - Round 2 of interview which will last between 3-3.5 hrs
11th Jan - Round 3 of interview which is a 2 to 1 interview to let them get to know us better.

After which if everything is fine, then we will proceed to medical and they will conduct reference checks.

msgrapey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 24 Nov 2008

Postby msgrapey » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:21 am

hi gals,

im in for 9th Jan 2pm. Anyone else?

aza
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 27 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby aza » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:39 pm

Im in 9thJan, 10am.
The lady, Joe who called, sounded so unfriendly. -_-"
to not to live.//

*aster*
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 27 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby *aster* » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 2:01 pm

*Congratulations* to all that got the call...

I went on 1st Dec at 430pm...i haven got any call yet.. :(
they said to wait till 20th but i guess.....didnt expect them to start calling so soon.

Anyway, to all who got through to the 2nd round, just want to wish all the best! And keep those smiles flashing! 8-)

BA_wannabe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

BA interviews

Postby BA_wannabe » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 2:52 pm

msgrapey wrote:
jas85 wrote:Hi,

I've oso got thru to the 2nd stage on 8th jan..

I attended the interview on the 2nd of dec..

but I tot the interview on 8th is supposed to be the last 1?
so there is still a final rd after 8th jan?


Hi all

this is what my interviewer briefed me:

8,9,10th Jan - Round 2 of interview which will last between 3-3.5 hrs
11th Jan - Round 3 of interview which is a 2 to 1 interview to let them get to know us better.

After which if everything is fine, then we will proceed to medical and they will conduct reference checks.


hi msgrapey, this may sound silly, but is there any elimination in Rd 3?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest