Singapore Expats

British Airways cabin crew recruitment (deadline 14 Nov. )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
becrew
Regular
Regular

British Airways cabin crew recruitment (deadline 14 Nov. )

Post by becrew » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 9:10 am

BA crew based in Singapore

- Singaporean citizen only.
- Min 5 GCE O level credits including English and chinese
- good health with normal eyesight
- Fluently in Englihs and Mandarin
- At least 158 cm
- passport with a min of 1 year validity
- At least one year customer service experience
- male applicants completed or exempted from NS

document to be submitted before 14 November:
-a recent passport size photo
-a full legth 4R photo
-copy of your O level certificate, NRIC and passport
-a daytime telephone contact number

**incomplete applications will be rejected**

Interview will be held in December 2008 and January 2009

Reii

Post by Reii » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 9:42 am

becrew, thanks for the notification!

may i know if there's any min/max age for BA? and whr can we find the application form? i didn't see it online though.. ;x

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:54 am

Reii wrote:becrew, thanks for the notification!

may i know if there's any min/max age for BA? and whr can we find the application form? i didn't see it online though.. ;x

its on ST
Last edited by Lovely shan on Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:01 am

by the way, it's on page R19 :)

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:12 pm

hey there \:D/
can I please have the add to where I can send my resume and documents to?
thanks in advance
:kiss:

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:50 pm

only singaporean citizen?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 1:15 pm

The address to send your application per below:

British Airways
International Cabin Crew Singapore
P.O. Box 24, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1
Singapore 918141

And for the other question, first criteria of the ad states "Singapore Citizen only" hi-lighted in bold... so I guess there's no point trying your luck if otherwise... :-|

starry

Post by starry » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 3:22 am

there is no age cap for BA, i would say. cos i have seen applicants on the interview days back in the 2006 interview. age ranging from early 20s to late 30s and there was one who is already 39 or 40! but i must say she mantained herself very well and was an ex-crew.

maybe plavt can advise on this . :)

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pnxjamie » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:58 pm

I think age isn't the most impt factor for them, probably more on customer service and language skills.

Nico|as

Post by Nico|as » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 1:31 pm

starry wrote:

there is no age cap for BA, i would say. cos i have seen applicants on the interview days back in the 2006 interview. age ranging from early 20s to late 30s and there was one who is already 39 or 40! but i must say she mantained herself very well and was an ex-crew.

Mandarin ed required to serve the silk route, based in sunny island is a plus point though. Hey starry, by any chance are you aware of the remuneration stucture?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 3:41 pm

starry wrote:

I am not sure about the minimum age but most likely 18, there is definitely no maximum age cap as that is now illegal in the UK, there will be no skin/beauty test either. However, do note you will need a good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 09 Dec 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamDimpossible

Post by dreamDimpossible » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 7:53 am

Plavt wrote:
starry wrote:

I am not sure about the minimum age but most likely 18, there is definitely no maximum age cap as that is now illegal in the UK, there will be no skin/beauty test either. However, do note you will need a good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English.

NB: A few here have gotten into arguments with me regarding some of the above in previous postings. I would like to point out BA is a British company and all it's training is done here in the UK and is therefore subject to UK law. A number of laws like the one mentioned above having been implemented as recently as 2006.
sorry to do a reality check but what's the salary like?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 2:12 pm

dreamDimpossible wrote: sorry to do a reality check but what's the salary like?
Since people don't like to say and companies will often be vague I have looked at the following government website;http://careersadvice.direct.gov.uk/help ... rofile118/ so I would say between £15000 and £20000 pa. Current rate of exchange (and it's ugly :( ) £1=$SGD 2.370. That would appear to be the basic salary. Hope this helps.

Nico|as

Post by Nico|as » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 2:34 pm

Plavt wrote:
dreamDimpossible wrote: sorry to do a reality check but what's the salary like?
Since people don't like to say and companies will often be vague I have looked at the following government website;http://careersadvice.direct.gov.uk/help ... rofile118/ so I would say between £15000 and £20000 pa. Current rate of exchange (and it's ugly :( ) £1=$SGD 2.370. That would appear to be the basic salary. Hope this helps.
Appreciate the insight Plavt, figures looked seemingly low and the meagre rate with the bleak economy.

starry

Post by starry » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 7:56 pm

Nico|as wrote:
starry wrote:

Mandarin ed required to serve the silk route, based in sunny island is a plus point though. Hey starry, by any chance are you aware of the remuneration stucture?
during the 2006 recruitment, a girl i met during the interview told me that the basic is $500. not sure if it is still now..