Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for ideas for things to do with the kids

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
fayke

Postby fayke » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 8:53 pm

Catherine, I misread your post: I thought you said the only day you COULD make it was friday! I'm also free on thursay, so if that suits you better, that's ok with me. Any ideas about what time you would like to meet?

Diana, can you also come on a playdate-with-kids on thursday?

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:12 pm

Hi Fayke

Thursday would be fine for us. Does your wee girl have a sleep in the afternoon or would the afternoon be ok for you?

Kayla normally has a short nap around 10am and 4pm - but its only for about half an hour.

Hope you can make it too Diana.

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:23 pm

Hello, me again. Sorry, but this thursday I need to start work at 12.30pm, so if you could all come to me, that would be ok, otherwise, the city is too far to travel back and forth in such a short time. Otherwise, have fun together and see you on monday

fayke

Postby fayke » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 1:54 pm

Johanna also needs to sleep around those same times, but if she skips her morning-nap, she does a noon-nap at about 12, 12:30.
I don't know if its convenient for you to go to Diana's in the morning? Or else we could meet at botanic gardens around noon?

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Diana/Fayke

I'm happy to go to Diana's in the morning - would be nice for us all to meet up if possible.

Does that still suit you Diana? You'll have to PM me your address.

Just let me know what time suits you guys and we will endeavour to be there!

I don't know what I'm going to be like in January - when James starts back to nursery he has to be there for 8.30am - help!!! That's the middle of the night :D !!

Catherine

fayke

Postby fayke » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 5:17 pm

Is around 9:30 ok?
I also don't have your adress, Diana!

diana13

Postby diana13 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:56 pm

Hello Fayke/Catherine

I am so sorry to cancel for tomorrow. I need to start even earlier, so really not a lot of time to play. Can we reschedule that to next week, when we have a bit more time? I am really sorry, I hope you have fun together!!!

CU Diana

fayke

Postby fayke » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:57 pm

on second thought: maybe 9:30 is not a very good idea, if your daughter has to take a nap at 10:00, Catherine.
And I think I want to do some (neglected :wink: )housekeeping in the morning. So maybe we should meet at botanical gardens around 1:00 pm?

Shame Diana can't make it then though :(

edit: I just read your post Diana...next week, new chances :)

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Fayke/Diana

That's a shame you have to work earlier Diana. Never mind, we will hopefully get together (with the kids :wink: ) next week.

Fayke - if you still fancy going to the Children's Garden tomorrow that would be fine. Could we maybe make it 1.30pm if that's ok with you? Just by the time I get lunch out of the way for both of them and then get us there - I definitely wouldn't make it for 1pm!

You can let me know if 1.30pm suits you.

Catherine

fayke

Postby fayke » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:34 pm

1:30 is ok!
See you then at the entrance of the childrens garden!

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:36 pm

Ok great - seen you then.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

Catherine

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 3:46 pm

I havent been checking this forum for awhile and I can see I've already missed a few meetups...boo hoo.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 6:59 pm

Hi Blue Sapphire

That's a shame. Fayke and I had a lovely day at the Children's Garden yesterday and then she showed me how to walk from there to Orchard Road so I'm finally starting to figure out where things are!

Hope to see you all soon.

Catherine

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 3:34 pm

Hey ladies, my laptop has been on strike with internet so I havent been checking this website for a week. I was reading emails from my iphone and responding abit. Trying to view this website isnt too pleasant from a phone, I can hardly read stuff properly so I gave up till I got a new laptop.

Anyone for a meetup this week? Perhaps this thursday? Late afternoons are most convinient for us as Magnus sleeps for 3 hours in early afternoons. Mornings are ok too but a little bit tight unless we meetup for coffee where I can get some breakfast.

I have a few suggestions for places. Let me know if anyone is free.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Blue Sapphire

I'm a bit busy this week but next week is totally free is you want to meet up one day then.

Catherine