Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for ideas for things to do with the kids

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
diana13

Postby diana13 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:21 pm

HI

Ok, monday it is. Would you like to come to our place for a swim with the kids or go to the Bishan park? We can also come to you. Shall I ask other ladies to join as well? Than it might be a meeting in the Botanical gardens. And around 9.30-10am would be fine for us. I'll ask the other ladies to come along again the monday night. Maybe you know some to come and join in as well!! Ok, you have a great weekend to and see you on monday.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:27 pm

Hi Diana

I don't mind what we do on Monday. I'm a bit embarrassed to invite you here as we still have no furniture!! Why don't you see if any of the other girls want to come along first and then we'll go from there.

Once we've made arrangements for the following Monday night I'll ask a couple of other girls that I've met here if they want to join us.

See you on Monday.

Catherine

fayke

Postby fayke » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 9:24 pm

I'd like to come on monday with Johanna! I don't really mind what we are going to do, so botanical gardens or turf city (?) is ok for me!

I also had a really good time last monday! :)

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:05 pm

Hi ladies

Are we still on for the meeting at the Children's Botanical Gardens tomorrow morning?

I've just had a look at their website and it says they're closed on a Monday unless its a public holiday. Is this right or have you been on a Monday before?

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:56 pm

Oh, hmmm, didn't know that. Now, it is the big years holiday for the local schools now...want to try it and otherwise just walk to the normal park?

fayke

Postby fayke » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:03 am

Let's just go there and see if it's open or not. We could do a picknick-thing somewhere in the park if the childrens garden is not open :)

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:14 am

Hi ladies

Sorry we're not going to make it this morning. I just called Diana and left a message on her mobile.

Kayla had a high temperature for a few days last week which I thought was just down to teething. However, last night I noticed the beginnings of a rash and this morning she's covered in it!

Don't want to bring her along in case she has something horrible that she might pass on to the others. Going to take her round to the doctor just to get it checked out.

Typical!! We will make it along some day...

Have fun!

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:43 pm

Hello

I hope your daughter is ok. We endet up in Tanglin Mall for a coffee, while the kids were playing...really, it's like going out without the kids. So next time you can join in without any hessitations :lol:

CU on monday.

fayke

Postby fayke » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:11 pm

I had a nice morning, shame the childrens garden was closed!
Maybe we can try again later this week? I'm free from wednessday 'till friday, so pick a day :D

That fever ending in a rash sound a bit like what Johanna had about 2 weeks ago: 3 days of fairly high fever, red rash all over her body for a day or 2. I think it's called "rosea" or something, all the kids get it.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:33 pm

Hi Diana

You have such a terrible opinion of me!!! :wink:

Just to make things worse I don't even know if I'll definitely make the night out next week as we're sooooo broke! Will try to save my pennies this week though and will hopefully be there.

Doc said Kayla has a viral rash (sounds like what you were saying Fayke). I hadn't thought of her having a virus last week as apart from the temperature she was pretty much ok - still eating, sleeping ok etc. I just thought she was teething. She's now merrily throwing pieces of strawberry on the floor so she must be feeling ok!!

James was very disappointed that we didn't make it today so I'd be up for trying again another day. I think so far the only day I can't do this week is Friday.

Bye for now.

Catherine

airick

i'm a kid call me!!

Postby airick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:42 pm

Hello whats going on here ?

airick

Oops wrong forum

Postby airick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:42 pm

Oops wrong thread I posted :)

fayke

Postby fayke » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:04 pm

We could do dinner in that nice food-court at central, to keep the costs down next monday?

Fiday would be nice, 9:30 at he gate to childrens garden? Or is a later time better for you? I think Diana can't make it then, or am I mistaken? Diana?

diana13

Postby diana13 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 2:42 pm

Hi you 2

What about friday afternoon, so we can join in? Well just see what suites you best. Have a good day and see you soon!!!!
Oh and about monday...Catherine, if you can't make it for dinner, please come for a good laugh after with a drink!!!
Hope to see you,

Diana

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 6:19 pm

Hi folks

Friday is the only day I can't make unfortunately. I'm FINALLY getting my hair done but I don't know what time the lady is coming here yet.

Please don't change your restaurant plans to suit me on Monday - just choose where you want to go and if I can't afford it - I'll just come for a drink afterwards as Diana suggests.

Bye for now.

Catherine