Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for ideas for things to do with the kids

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
diana13

Postby diana13 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:40 am

Hello

The meeting will be at 4pm at the Botanical Garden at the carpark entrance...there where the cafe/restaurant is. Hope to see you both.
Diana

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 8:33 am

Hi Diana

I'll try to make it along but I'm beginning to think I'm jinxed when I try to meet you!

The oven repair man is coming some time between 3pm and 4pm today so depending on when he arrives will depend on whether I make it or not. (He didn't come last time as he didn't have the proper part. Our landlady brought us a portable oven instead).

Anyway, hope to meet up today but if not, maybe the week beginning 17 November as my wee boy will have finished nursery for the holidays then and we'll be free all day every day!

Catherine

PS. Fayke - hope you manage to make it today - but if not hopefully we'll catch up next time.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 9:23 am

Hi Diana

Me again! Just had a thought - is today's meet up at the children's botanic gardens or the main botanic gardens?

Catherine

fayke

Great,

Postby fayke » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:16 am

I'll be there!
which entrance do you mean? The one where you get dropped if you take a taxi to B.G., kinda in the centre?

diana13

hello

Postby diana13 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:06 am

It's the main Botanical Garden at the Carpark entrance, there where a little restaurant is, so not at the corner at Gleneagles. A little bit further down the road!!!
Any questions, please call at:

CU

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 5:29 pm

Hi ladies

Sorry we didn't make it along today. The oven repair man didn't come til around 3.45pm and by the time he left it wasn't worth me trying to get there as I'd never have found you!!

If anyone fancies another day out not next week but the following one that would be great. My days will be totally free then as James won't be at nursery.

Have a good weekend.

Catherine

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:25 am

Hi there

Sounds lovely. I do enjoy singing - but not sure whether anyone else enjoys my singing!!! :D

Do you have to audition? I'd be ok singing in a crowd - but not on my own. Just not confident enough (or good enough!) to do that.

I wouldn't be able to make it this Sunday as we've already made plans to meet people but I wouldn't mind giving it a go at the next one (if I'm not too late to join by then).

In any case - please let me know when the actual concert is going to be - as if I'm not taking part - I'd love to take my kids along to the concert.

Catherine

fayke

Postby fayke » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:13 pm

Hi everyone
We could meet sometime next week, or the following week at Botanic garden in the childrens garden? The kids can play,and we can chat:)

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 9:39 am

Hi Fayke

I'm free the following week if you fancy meeting up (and you too Diana - hopefully we will actually get to meet this time!)

Any day suits me.

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Catherine
We're planning to meet up on monday night at 8pm...without the kids, for some dinner/drinks. Would you like to come?
Cheers, Diana

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:28 pm

Hi Diana

Thanks for the invitation. That would be lovely. Just let me know where and when.

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 8:14 am

Hello

We'll meet at 8pm this monday in front of the Isetan/Shaw Centre for the movie entrance. Please pm me your telnr, just in case when someone is late.
CU then. Have a great weekend,

Diana

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Diana

Had a great time on Monday night but I was like death warmed up all day on Tuesday! Didn't get to bed til just after 1am and Kayla picked that morning to get up at 5.50am - nightmare!!

Also felt hungover on my tiny wee glass of wine - I'm such a lightweight!!

Better go just now - the wee one's not very well today. High temp and not eating. Think its teething but not sure.

Hope to see you all soon. Any more daytime meet ups planned with the kids? Or night time ones with the mummies??!!

Catherine

diana13

Postby diana13 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:08 pm

Hi Catherine

My Husband just left for Puhket for 4 days, so besides work...I am in charge of Leoni as well. So wenn we want to organize something..it would be tomorrow afternoon (friday), sunday or monday morning. Next week, I have no clue how my husbands schedule looks like with his soccer. But the monday after that...I am deffinately available for dinner again!!!!
Hope to see you soon.

Diana

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:12 pm

Hi Diana

Monday morning would be fine for us to meet up - along with the kids. Not too early I hope!!

And the following Monday night should be fine for a night out too.

Hope you have a good weekend and Leoni doesn't exhaust you too much!

Catherine