Singapore Expats

Being Fat

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
kristine08m

Being Fat

Post by kristine08m » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 2:40 pm

I have a problem in my body im so very big Pls help and give me advise what im going to do....

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 4:17 pm

Dont eat so much junk? :shock:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 7:57 am

get yo ass off yo chair and start exercising!

comin in on here ain't gonna make those fats slide off, playa!

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 9:51 am

be like a filipino maid and work your fat off!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:35 am

durain wrote:be like a filipino maid and work your fat off!
Funny you should say that, our new helper was very over weight, she was actually rejected by MOM because of high blood pressure etc. but as she was a direct hire ( she is the daughter in-law of the helper in London) they let her through.

She was very chirpy the other day saying shes lost 6kg since starting plus the Docs say her blood pressure is improving. She wont stop cleaning saying its like exercise and her hubby wont recognise her when she goes back for Xmas holidays.

Also when she first got here she was eating and drinking total crap, now her diet is very healthy, and drinks fresh green tea.

funshiting

Post by funshiting » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:09 pm

Maybe you can have your thoriod levels check first before embarking on any exercise programme to shed kilos?

Take care. I managed to lose some with this method.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:37 am

What a funny nick, I didn't realize people are so open about their "scat" fetish :lol:

petroits

Post by petroits » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:03 pm

The fact that you used to starve yourself for months might just be the problem. Whenever you suddenly start eating less, your body's metabolism adjusts to compensate for the caloric energy loss. The result is that your body becomes very stingy and burns fat less efficiently. So whenever you go back on your regular diet schedule, you will end up gaining weight. The key is to keep a positive mindset and continue what you're doing now. You can do it.

edited by moderator to remove solicitation

ash_nse

Post by ash_nse » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:39 am

how much would one pay to lose weight?
hmmm....

AmbrosiaJ

Post by AmbrosiaJ » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 5:23 am

Eating small portions every three to four hours would help lose weight and help the body to burn off calories more quickly. It is either decrease fat and calorie intake or exercize more, no short cut really! If you continue to indulge you will bulge , especially if you sit on your fat butt LOL

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:02 am

The easiest way (but the hardest as well) is to cut way, way back on your intake of "white" starches. These are what lay down kilos around your body as a measure of padding. These are the ones that will kill you in the long run especially if you are not a "avid" sportsperson. You should not be eating more than 50g a carbs a day unless you are actively exercising on a daily basis.

The killer "white" starches? Rice, Potatoes & Bread. Along with most other grains/flours. Chocolate doesn't help but if you eat 70% cocoa based chocolate it better for you than Milk chocolates. (I like Lindt's 85% Cocoa Chocolate bars - but the slightly bitter taste isn't for everybody I'll have to admit) I also tend to use balsamic vinegar for my salad dressings as well.

At any case, a meal should not be bigger that what can comfortably fit into the palm of your hand. Otherwise it's probably too much. Oh, and alcohol is a heavy carbo carrier as well.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hannah.86

Post by hannah.86 » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 5:27 am

Hi! It is important to realize that you are more than just your weight, but if you are really uncomfortable with your body, then lose weight. You can do this by cutting out fatty foods, eating lots of fruit, vegetables, salad and soup, and exercising regularly, three times a week is a good idea. You should see results after the first month of eating healthy and exercising. I wish you good luck!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 6:49 am

hannah,

Sorry to say, but I personally think that is really bad advice. You seem to say that it doesn't matter if you are morbidly obese as long as you are comfortable with it personally. :???:

Even if they ARE comfortable with it, they should still get rid of it for their health's sake. Obesity will kill you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

HOT BUNNY

Post by HOT BUNNY » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 3:15 pm

hi kristine,

i guess u have problem with ur diet and that cause u like that. its very simple. juz take a smaller portion of food. dun eat too much at night, esp carbo food. doesnt mean dun eat wun cause u grow fat. u still have to eat 3 meals but all in smaller portion. u got to be discipline in order to achieve good results.

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 4:40 pm

HOT BUNNY wrote:hi kristine,

i guess u have problem with ur diet and that cause u like that. its very simple. juz take a smaller portion of food. dun eat too much at night, esp carbo food. doesnt mean dun eat wun cause u grow fat. u still have to eat 3 meals but all in smaller portion. u got to be discipline in order to achieve good results.

if u want better faster results, the best will be liposuction or slimming centre. my cousin went for the slimming and she lost 14kg in 3 months. its so amazing. great to see her slim down and gain her confidence level. and its not expensive. her mother is taking the slimming now also.
liposuction/slimming centres may help but if the lifestyle, diet doesnt change, the fats will pile back on.
i agree with the posts at the top.
work your ass off!

of course if you're big not because of fats, but because of bone structure etc, then either you accept yourself and feel comfortable, or surgery is the only option