Singapore Expats

Promoting Business Service

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
ironlady
Regular
Regular

Promoting Business Service

Post by ironlady » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 9:06 am

How do we promote our company's services to others in a professional manner ? One of my best buddy wants me to help promote her Marine business to other companies... by going to other companies and telling them of why they should use the services. However, I have not done this before...can anyone give me some ideas on how I can do this in a professional manner..

Advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

localman

Post by localman » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 8:46 am

There are of course many ways to promote a company's services eg trade exhibition, newspaper advertisement, bill boards etc. My guess is that your buddy wants you to do telephone calls to prospective companies for appointments and follow up with visits to introduce the company's services, ie doing cold calls. My suggestions is that instead of telephone calls which is an aggressive move you can do mail shot which is far less intrusive.

MikeDirnt
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeDirnt » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 3:39 am

IMO telephone calls are time consuming and instrusive. imagine if you receive unwanted calls. unless the other party is willing to listen

the cheapest is to create a website and publish. it can reach to many users over the internet if you got hits of what people are looking for. learn how to SEO your website so that you can get more hits too. more hits mean more potential customers.
Guides and information -> Singapore Stocks