Singapore Expats Forum

All Girls Movie Club still happening?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
akemi185

Postby akemi185 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:04 pm

im a 17 year old local student studying film.
and this sounds great :D

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

NEXT MEET UP - THURSDAY 27 NOVEMBER

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:13 pm

Hi folks

Anyone fancy meeting up again next Thursday (27 Nov)?

Does Great World City suit everyone again or do you want to go somewhere different?

The cinema timings will change next Wednesday so will check back properly then. Does anyone have any film in particular they'd like to see? Or do you all just want to go for dinner again? Or both?

I quite fancy the new James Bond and also Body of Lies with Russell Crowe and Leonardo di Caprio.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all.

Catherine

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:42 pm

Dinner works for me.
Zeenit

kittycat99

Postby kittycat99 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 4:56 pm

Either dinner or a movie sounds good to me, just let me know timings etc and I'll make sure I leave work on time for a change! :)

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 9:03 pm

wont be able to join on thurs nov 27. you girls have fun

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:33 pm

That's a shame "Tulipe" - hope you can make it to the next one!

Anita suggested a change of venue - so we're now thinking of Plaza Singapura - would that be ok for everyone?

So far, I think those who are coming are:

Me
Anita
Simone
Zeenit
Kittycat99

If anyone else would like to come please just reply on here. Think the Russell Crowe movie is getting the vote so I'll check out the times on Wednesday for Thursday night.

Looking forward to seeing you all. Will try and think of a meeting point at Plaza Singapura and post on Wednesday with all the details.

Have a good weekend folks!

Catherine

traeemery

May I crash this party?

Postby traeemery » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 9:30 pm

Hi, Saw the thread. I'm Aussie, F, 32, been in Singapore 3 months, hubby's back home trying to get transferred here and I know no one outside work (that's getting very old). Would love to meet up with some people I don't see everyday at the office.
Regards,
Trae
Email: traeemery @ gmail.com

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 9:34 pm

Hi Trae

Come and join us!! We've only had two meet ups before so you won't be the new girl! Everyone is welcome and we're all from different countries and backgrounds - no Aussies yet - so you'll be our first.

Hope you can make it on Thursday. I'll post meet up details on Wednesday.

Catherine

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:28 pm

So far, I think those who are coming are:

Me
Anita
Simone
Zeenit
Kittycat99
Tequilabot (new)

hi bocat32, exciting to know the movie club here.
how do we book the ticket?

cheers

Boulevard
Regular
Regular

Postby Boulevard » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:12 pm

Sorry tequilabot its a girls only evening, "all girls movie club" sorry!

Teenie Bash

Postby Teenie Bash » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:45 pm

Hi Guys - my comp. been playing up so been out of the loop. Would love to come Thursday night. I still fancy James Bond :wink: (ha!) and dinner. I'm easy to please!
M x

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

NIGHT OUT TOMORROW - THURSDAY 27 NOVEMBER

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 8:57 pm

Hi folks

Sorry for posting so late. I've been having computer problems today. Actually make that four year old son problems as it was him who threw the laptop on the floor in a tantrum - so now its not working. I am not a happy Mummy! (Using hubby's now he's home from work).

I've had a look at the cinema times for tomorrow night at Plaza Singapura. Quantum of Solace is at 8.30pm which will probably be too early. Body of Lies is at 9.35pm. Would this suit everyone?

Anita suggested meeting at Toast Box - near the entrance to Carrefour on the ground floor (near the taxi stand). Will we aim to meet there between 7.15pm and 7.30pm?

I'll PM everyone who has shown an interest in coming:

Me
Anita
Boulevard
Teenie Bash
Trae
Kittycat99
Zeenit
Tequilabot (not a man!)

with my mobile number. If you're running late and we've moved on from Toastbox, give me a call and I'll let you know where we are. (Apologies if I've forgotten anyone).

Also - if you intend not to come tomorrow night - please either message me on here or call/text me so we're not hanging around waiting for someone who's not coming!

Thanks.

See you tomorrow

Catherine

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:29 pm

Hi folks

Me again. I've tried to PM everyone with the details and my mobile number but the messages are sitting in my outbox - not my sentbox so I'm not convinced they've all gone :(

I'll check back on here later/tomorrow. If anyone didn't get my mobile number please let me know and I'll try to PM again.

Catherine

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:44 pm

bocat,

what a hard work. thanks for the update. I received your PM.

well I presume ticket will purchase on the sport huh! .. I would prefer the Body of Lies at 9.35pm - so end ard 1130pm. tomorrow I hv a household servicing at 6pm. If show start earlier, I cant make it ..

p/s did you check my photo link to identify me?

cheers
tequilabot :roll:
cheers

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 1:27 pm

Hi ladies

Had a great time again last night. Food was lovely but am I the only one with a raging - garlic-induced - thirst today?? :D

I haven't stopped drinking all morning and I'm sure I'm curling the hair of anyone I walk past!!

Do you fancy meeting up in a fortnight again? I might not be able to make the Thursday of that week as if our plans for going to Aus come off we might be leaving on the Friday morning. Would anyone mind if we met on the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week (9 or 10 December)? Wouldn't like to miss a girly night out before I go!

See you soon.

Catherine
x