Singapore Expats Forum

All Girls Movie Club still happening?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:48 pm

Hi Blue Sapphire

I don't mind doing a later one either. Just wasn't sure if it would cause anyone problems for getting home.

I think it'll just be the three of us so hopefully Anita will reply to this tonight and we can get everything confirmed by tomorrow morning.

I'm shattered tonight so heading to bed now.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:11 am

Hi guys,

9 or 930 is fine w/ me and I agree that it would be nice to meet up before for a bite to eat to get to know each other. I am staying at the Great World City Serviced Apts so GV Grand is very convenient for me :D but keep in mind that it's a "luxury" theatre so big airline seats etc so costs more than the regular cinema. I am quite happy to go along with what suits the majority. What do you think?

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:34 am

anitabatho wrote:Hi guys,

9 or 930 is fine w/ me and I agree that it would be nice to meet up before for a bite to eat to get to know each other. I am staying at the Great World City Serviced Apts so GV Grand is very convenient for me :D but keep in mind that it's a "luxury" theatre so big airline seats etc so costs more than the regular cinema. I am quite happy to go along with what suits the majority. What do you think?

Hey Anita we are neighbours! I live at the condo right next to you, Singapore is small indeed.

Ofcourse GV Grand is super convenient as I just have to cross the road and there is alot of places to go for a bite at Great World City. If 9ish if fine with everyone then I can definitely make tomorrow night.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:02 am

Hi ladies

That's fine with me too. Just have to figure out how to get there!

Do you know if there's an MRT station nearby?

What time do you want to meet and whereabouts?

Once we get sorted out I'll let Simone know on the other thread.

So 3 of us are definite - Simone might be able to make it - but we haven't heard from vh2008.

Looking forward to meeting you all - and a night out of this house!!!

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:32 am

Hi,
Blue Sapphire - how funny! It is a small world :) Great World is fine but would you be able to explain to Catherine how to get here? There is that free shuttle from outside Tangs if she were to get to the Orchard MRT...
Otherwise I'd be quite happy to meet you and we could catch a bus to Plaza Sing? If it's definitely going to be at Great World could you please suggest a meeting place maybe for 7:30ish? And if it's Plaza Sing then we could meetup at Starbucks.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:36 am

Hi folks

I don't mind travelling into Orchard - I might just get a taxi (chicken!!)

Just let me know where to meet you.

Catherine

Delyanna

Postby Delyanna » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:29 pm

hey.. omg!! this really is great.. movies and frens..

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Delyanna

Do you want to join us tonight?

Catherine

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 2:40 pm

Catherine, its better that you catch a taxi. Hassle free. Most taxi drivers know where Great World City which is at Kim Seng Road.

7.30pm is alright. We could meet at Starbucks first then buy our tickets so that at least we know we have seats. Then decide where to go for dinner. How does that sound?

Very excited. See you ladies soon. If anyone else wants to join you are more than welcome.

Catherine and Anita, I've Pm you my mobile number.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 3:19 pm

Hi ladies

Ok - will meet you there at 7.30pm tonight. Do you know which floor Starbucks is on?

I got your PM with your mobile number but I don't have a mobile yet! My daft hubby left his in a taxi when we went out the other day but I think he's sorting out a new one today.

Looking forward to meeting you both. I'll go and give Simone the details too and hopefully she'll be able to make it.

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 5:52 pm

Hi girls - see you at 7:30pm at starbucks - looking forward to it :)

If anyone else wants to join - feel free.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 5:53 pm

Starbucks is in the middle of of the 2nd floor. One escalator up. The 1st floor being the one you enter into.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 5:56 pm

If I'm there 1st I'll put my phone with the red casing on the table. Anyone who is there before me I'll have the phone in my hand so just signal to me :-)

See you all very soon!

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 9:22 pm

awe! saw this tread too late. miss the movie gathering today. hope you have fun and have shortlist more movie for the next gathering..hear from you girls soon

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 9:29 am

Hi Tulipe

That's a shame you missed our meet up last night - but keep an eye out here as we will hopefully arrange another one soon.

Anita, Blue Sapphire and Boulevard - Had a great time last night. It was really nice to meet you all and to talk to some adults for a change!!

Hope we can arrange to meet up again soon.

Catherine

PS. I can't remember who I've given my e-mail address to - so I'll PM you.