Singapore Expats Forum

All Girls Movie Club still happening?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
anitabatho

All Girls Movie Club still happening?

Postby anitabatho » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 8:45 am

Hi there - I saw an old thread on this forum about an All Girls Movie Club. I am a 35 yr old female, married w/ 3 kids. We just moved here from New Zealand 2 weeks ago. I am a big movie buff and really miss the girls movie nights that I used to go for in NZ plus it would be fantastic to meet some people here. Just wondering if you guys stil meet once a month and if I could join.
Thanks! :D

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 2:23 pm

Hi Anita

I'll help you start a new one if the old one isn't running any more!

I'm 38 (well 39 on Monday so I'd better start saying that!), married with 2 kids and I just arrived from Scotland two weeks ago.

Going a bit demented being on my own all day so a night out at the cinema would be fantastic. I still haven't a clue where I'm going in Singapore though - haven't been out of our area all that much - Ang Mo Kio - but hoping to hire a car this weekend and get around a bit more.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 3:35 pm

Hi Catherine,

Fantastic! I am not the best at organizing but sure we could sort something out :) We are staying very close to Orchard at the moment in a Serviced Apartment but will be moving to our own place in a couple of weeks. So how does next week sound? Let me know what nights would suit you and we'll go from there.
Look forward to hearing from you. Oh and if anyone else wants to join pls post and introduce yourself.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Anita

Looking forward to it already! I think any night should be fine - but I'll check with my hubby tonight in case he has any particularly late meetings and I'll let you know later.

I don't even know where there are any cinemas - apart from the one at Ang Mo Kio Hub (shopping centre) but I don't know if that's close enough for you.

Anyway, we'll sort something out. Will let you know later tonight about which nights are free (probably all of them such is my exciting social life!)

Catherine

januarius
Regular
Regular

Postby januarius » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 5:27 pm

wow.. sounds good for both of ya~ :D

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Anita

Have checked with hubby and he says he should be home early all next week (that'll be a first!!)

Does any night in particular suit you best and where would you like to meet? Oh yeah - and what film do you fancy?! I don't even know what's playing here at the moment.

Januarius - would you like to join us?

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:22 am

Hi Catherine,
Later in the week would suit me better so maybe thurs or fri? I think a couple more posts and I will be able to PM you and we'll be able to be in contact directly. If you would like - post another topic saying girls night out to the movies thurs and see if we can rustle up a few more people to join. I've seen a couple of good movies advertised, one was "Nights in Rodanthe" w/ Richard Gere and Diane Lane or "Vicky Christine Barcelona" w/ Scarlett Johannson.
Looking forward to it!

newkid21

Postby newkid21 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 1:03 pm

xxx
Last edited by newkid21 on Sun, 04 Jan 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you only do what you know you can do - you never do very much.” Tom Krause 1934

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 9:34 am

Hi Anita

Thursday is fine for me. I'll put another post up just now inviting others along.

Do you know how many posts you need to make before you can PM? I haven't figured that out yet.

Quite fancy the Richard Gere film or The Duchess if its on anywhere. I've got pretty varied taste in films - so anything suits me!

Will go and add that other post just now. Speak to you later in the week re time/place to meet.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday today. Its my birthday today so good timing as hubby and wee one are both off from work and nursery!

Catherine

vh2008

vicky christina barcelona

Postby vh2008 » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:23 pm

Hi ladies,

whenever you decide to watch vicky christina barcelona, i would love to join you all. been wanting to see it but got noone to go with. so let me know. oh i m 31f married with no kids. i have been to a movie theatre once here i think called golden village at plaza singapura, doby ghaut MRT. watched mamma mia, that was a lot of fun! just in case u haven't seen it. as much fun as the musical, i think.
i still cannot pm .....

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 2:45 am

Keep me posted for any movie meetups. I'm 30 yrs old, married and have a toddler. Any Golden Village cinema is good or even the one at The Cathay. Anywhere is ok with me and any movie really as long as I can get out of the house!

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 8:33 am

Hi vh2008/Blue Sapphire

We are going to meet this Thursday (30 October). Just waiting for Anita to reply to a PM I sent her about time and place.

vh2008 - Anita mentioned that the Vicky Christina film is only showing at 6pm which is a bit early for me as my hubby is never home that early and I have no-one else to watch the kids. Looks like it will be Nights in Rodanthe this time around if you'd like to join us.

Blue Sapphire - I know exactly what you mean about anything to get you out of the house!!! Will you be able to join us tomorrow night? Film starts at 7.10pm.

Look forward to hearing from you both.

Catherine

anitabatho

Postby anitabatho » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 8:39 am

Hi there,

We've planned a movie night out - tomorrow night (Thurs.30th Oct.) We will confirm time and meeting place later today but it will probably be "Nights of Rodanthe" at Golden Village in Plaza Singapura. If you're keen either PM me or check this thread later and I will post the final details. Should be fun!

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

Postby Bocat32 » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 9:47 pm

Hi folks

Just checked the times for the film tomorrow night (Nights in Rodanthe) and at the GV Plaza Singapura - they've changed it to 9.30pm :(

Would that suit you? Do you want to meet up for a bite to eat first? Or would that finish too late?

Its on at 7pm at the GV Vivocity and the GV Marina - or 7.30pm at the GV Gold Class. I just don't have a clue where any of these are!

I will probably end up taking a taxi anyway - so anywhere should suit me.

Let me know what you think.

Catherine

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Blue Sapphire » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:42 pm

Its also on at 9.15pm at GV Grand which is at Great World City. Its a shopping mall about 5 minutes away from Orchard.

I can do 9pm shows too. 7pm is abit of a rush for me having to wait for my husband to return from work and then babysit for me. It would actually be nice if we could hangout somewhere first before the show and get acquianted. Dinner is fine by me.

GV Grand and GV Plaza has more available seats so if we are buying last minute it might be better going there so as not to get disappointed.

Well you ladies let me know what you decide and I'll confirm if I am coming along.