Singapore Expats Forum

is StarHub really bringing in the iPhone?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Mega_K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 20 Oct 2008

is StarHub really bringing in the iPhone?

Postby Mega_K » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:54 pm

i can't wait anymore!

User avatar
sillingw
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006
Location: West coast

Postby sillingw » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:02 am

I just replaced my phone with them, and when i asked about the iphone they told me it would be available from starhub in December

akemi185
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 17 Nov 2008

Postby akemi185 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:14 pm

i'm also waiting for them to bring in the iphone. it was said to be end of this year but... oh well.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006

Postby bigfilsing » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:23 am

nope it's not happening.

Not this year anyway. The great sigtel monopoly has out gunned them again.

Hardly surpriising considering Sing tel has commited to a couple of mil of phones in an exclusive deal :) :) :)

Oh and of course singtel owns all the infrastucture in Singapore

Wake up and smell the coffee people

Got my iphone todaty for zero dollars mmmmmmmhhh beat that!

wobuzhidao
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 27 Nov 2008

Postby wobuzhidao » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 9:48 pm

I heard from my friend that starhub and M1 will launch iphone in decem, wonder how true is this news.. and i find the price a bit ex also, hope it will drop if starhub and M1 launch it also..

eyeFone
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby eyeFone » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:36 am

I've had mine for almost a year now.... looking to get the experian or omnia. It's a 2g one running the latest firmware (same as 3g phone).
I've just been here a couple of months, does anyone know a good place where I can sell it? I was thinking ebay, but there's a lot of dodgy sellers on the singaproe site. Unfortunately, I can't trade it in as it isn't IDA approved...

bandrew
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 25 Nov 2008

Postby bandrew » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 1:36 am

Just wanted to know from the others present here, is the Iphone really worth the hype that is going around worldwide? As I have come across some people who have not very commendable opinions about the phone once they got it for themselves. The contemporaries are far better as they say. Now with all the other manufacturers gearing up to tackle this hype this should be an interesting cell phone war. We would be benefited ultimately as it would be the best products and nothing else that is going to come out henceforth.

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 2:01 am

bandrew wrote:Just wanted to know from the others present here, is the Iphone really worth the hype that is going around worldwide? As I have come across some people who have not very commendable opinions about the phone once they got it for themselves. The contemporaries are far better as they say. Now with all the other manufacturers gearing up to tackle this hype this should be an interesting cell phone war. We would be benefited ultimately as it would be the best products and nothing else that is going to come out henceforth.


depends if you gonna be using it fully or your lifestyle in using it.

User avatar
DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu, 14 Apr 2005

Postby DimWit Kid » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 4:42 pm

in every hello shop, Singtel is posting the starhub ceo's statement that starhub will delay their iphone launch

User avatar
AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore Central East Coast
Contact:

Postby AngryAngMo » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 3:04 pm

haha, yes, i saw that too, i just hope it wont take too long until there will be at least some competiton around the iphone, monopols are never good for the customers

User avatar
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore (Finally!)

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:51 pm

Have you thought about the HTC Touch Pro instead?

Mr. P

roger.p
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby roger.p » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 4:18 pm

yes, Starhub will bring in the iPhone early next year ... according to my company who have contract with starhub
Happily married with two kids

User avatar
AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore Central East Coast
Contact:

Postby AngryAngMo » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 1:19 pm

ah, that would be sweet, any information on planned prices / plans?

daybreakk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby daybreakk » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 2:45 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:in every hello shop, Singtel is posting the starhub ceo's statement that starhub will delay their iphone launch


They like trying to make starhub ceo eat his words, but i will never sign for singtel.

User avatar
DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu, 14 Apr 2005

Postby DimWit Kid » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:17 pm

daybreakk wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:in every hello shop, Singtel is posting the starhub ceo's statement that starhub will delay their iphone launch


They like trying to make starhub ceo eat his words, but i will never sign for singtel.


And why is that? Arent they both owned by the same parties anyway? :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests