singapore expats property search

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
ffsgrelier
Regular
Regular

singapore expats property search

Post by ffsgrelier » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 8:23 pm

Good evening,
Was trying to browse this site to get an idea of availability and current prices of houses today but most of listing came up with rent at $0. Is there a shortage of houses being let at the moment or is it a problem with the website ? or is it a problem with my pc ? Was at a bit of a loss as which other websites to use.
Thanks for advice and info.

Singapore Property Search

quidsin
Regular
Regular

Post by quidsin » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:25 pm

Prices are on their way down, but no to zero....i'd take this as 'negotiable'

zjules
Regular
Regular

Post by zjules » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 3:48 pm

yes its quite irritating. Maybe they are negotiable, but they should have some kind of figure to start at. It cant be good for the seller really. I know that i just ignore all these...

NewtoSing

Post by NewtoSing » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:56 am

Yes, this makes it really hard. We are moving to Singapore in January. We have 2 kids, 10 and 8 years old. I like this forum and the information provided on Singapore Expat web. However, it is hard to start my search for place to live if the price is '0'. Both my husband and I are working on Sentosa Island and was advised to get a place in district 4 and 2. Company pays but maybe we would have to top it up, I would like a quiet place with a pool and tennis court if at all possible within our price range. I would like to start make a list for possible places which I have to submit to the company. Any advise where to start where I can see the price range?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 9:04 am

As was indicated before, the rental market is in a wild state of flux. With the economy now spiraling downwards, those properties 6 months ago that were renting for 6K a months might be going for 4 or 4.5K now. Therefore no matter what they put on the site it's gonna be wrong. Nobody knows the market at the moment so if they leave a price at last offer and it's 50% more than what they are currently "willing to accept" then you possibly wouldn't even bother to consider the property as the asking could be above your range in the first place. At least this way, you need to have some interaction with the real estate agents an let them know what your constraints are. It's difficult I know, but makes more sense then to put the "asking" price down and you not inquiring due to the elevated "asking" price.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Rental Data

Post by carteki » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:44 am

The URA publishes a quarterly report on rental contracts that were signed in each block - 25th percentile, median and 75th percentile. This will give you an idea as to the relative cost of each block.
Check out https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/re ... roller.jpf