Singapore Expats Forum

Any expats staying in West area?????

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
docta123

Any expats staying in West area?????

Postby docta123 » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 1:39 pm

26yr old female, living in Lakeside with my husband. Originally moved this far out as it was near plenty parks to walk our Shar pei pup, but dont find it that busy with expats. Does anyone else feel like this?????

K

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 1:54 pm

norsam

Dinner

Postby norsam » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 9:35 am

Hi,
I am also from Scotland, live in Jurong East Street with my family Singapore/Malay. You and your husband are welcome to come for dinner one night.

Emilie

Re: Any expats staying in West area?????

Postby Emilie » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:34 am

Hi,
My name's Emilie. I'm a 26 yr old female too and I live between Bukit Batok Park and Bukit Timah Reserve. If you want to walk with me, just send me a mail : emilie_poncelet@yahoo.fr

I'm french. I don't speak very well English but I practise!!!
See you

rossy

Postby rossy » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:31 pm

Hello Emilie and welcome..Live in the West too..

How bout we western people go for coffee sometime in IMM. Like being discussed in the other forum I posted.. Maybe Sunday..

And if you want to meet expats, come to FNDC.. Happens every friday, tonight is is Indochine by Fulleron.

Emilie

Postby Emilie » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 6:56 pm

rossy wrote:Hello Emilie and welcome..Live in the West too..

How bout we western people go for coffee sometime in IMM. Like being discussed in the other forum I posted.. Maybe Sunday..

And if you want to meet expats, come to FNDC.. Happens every friday, tonight is is Indochine by Fulleron.

Thank you... I saw your post so late to sunday...Maybe an other time! I go to see your other post.
But just one question : what are IMM and FNDC please ?
Thanks,
Emilie

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:13 pm

Emilie,

IMM is a big shopping complex close to the Jurong East MRT Station.

FNDC is the Friday Night Drinking Club that usually goes to different pubs around Singapore. Good way to expand your social group but as you are European, you may want to also consider the WNDC (Wednesday) as that group is still a mixture of people but mostly Western Centric. Both are good Ice Breakers.

mjw10

Postby mjw10 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:58 am

Hi Emilie,

I live out in the west and would enjoy to walk as well. My French is about average and I lived in Nancy for about six months but am now losing it! Just moved here from Canada and live at Commonwealth. If you are interested then email me at mjwhite@gmail.com

Cheers!

mikel78

Postby mikel78 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:18 am

I too am living in Lakeside.

Just moved here from the UK, 30/m.

You're right though, this far west there are fewer expats than say over on the east or around Holland Village.
If you're looking to start and expat meet up I'd be interested in joining in
-Mike

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:15 am

now in the west... anyone frequents jurong point mall? if so, then let us have lunch or coffee there one of these days... just arrived and wanting to get started with the social network!

funksg
Regular
Regular

hi motto..

Postby funksg » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:48 am

hello..
do u stay near Jurong point..?
my office near JP , so wud like to catch up there sometime..?
tk care

Caberawit

Anyone in the West meeting up?

Postby Caberawit » Tue, 05 May 2009 6:26 pm

Hi ! The posts are quite dated so not sure if anyone still looking at this. Recently moved back to my flat near Lakeside. Difficult meeting friends as they still think Jurong is a God forsaken part of Singapore! If you are keen to meet for chat and coffee on weekends , drop me a line.

Jillvalentine

Postby Jillvalentine » Wed, 06 May 2009 1:01 pm

Hi, yea this post is a bit out dated..anyway, i also live in Jurong, chinese garden MRT and got plenty of times while my husband is working.. indonesian chinese/26f.. would like to find friends around here for shopping, gym, movies etc..

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Wed, 06 May 2009 6:49 pm

this thread seems to have nine lives...

i work and live in the area, and will be nice to have the impromptu meals without having to take the 30-minute ride to the city! just pm me and see how it will work out this time!

david wu

Re: Any expats staying in West area?????

Postby david wu » Thu, 07 May 2009 8:45 pm

docta123 wrote:26yr old female, living in Lakeside with my husband. Originally moved this far out as it was near plenty parks to walk our Shar pei pup, but dont find it that busy with expats. Does anyone else feel like this?????

K

Care to be friend?