Singapore Expats Forum

Cosmetic Surgery - Any expats (Caucasian) done it here ?

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Cosmetic Surgery - Any expats (Caucasian) done it here ?

Postby Gypsy Queen » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 8:56 am

Hey there
Looking for recommendations on the top cosmetic surgeons here in Asia with experiences across the board
Thanks :-)
Last edited by Gypsy Queen on Fri, 07 Nov 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

savannah_lenaia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby savannah_lenaia » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 9:05 pm

Hi Gypsy Queen!

I am a caucasian living in Singapore.

I travelled to Taiwan to have my surgeries with Dr. Chuang of Wish Clinic. I would have absolutely no hesitation in reccommending him to you as a caucasian. The majority of his patients are obviously Asian, but my surgery results were exactly what i wanted and, as yet, i've had no complications.

Price-wise, he's probably not the cheapest. But I would not consider that a bad thing, particularly if it's your face you are messing with!! Dr. Chuang is a perfectionist. His English is OK - you'll be able to get your point across quite well with him *and he's a big fan of diagrams and pictures! The nurses don't speak much English, but I didn't find that to be a problem.

I'm going back in December to have more surgeries with him, so let me know if you'd like to join:)

Vana

konishiazumi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby konishiazumi » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:08 am

savannah_lenaia wrote:Hi Gypsy Queen!

I am a caucasian living in Singapore.

I travelled to Taiwan to have my surgeries with Dr. Chuang of Wish Clinic. I would have absolutely no hesitation in reccommending him to you as a caucasian. The majority of his patients are obviously Asian, but my surgery results were exactly what i wanted and, as yet, i've had no complications.

Price-wise, he's probably not the cheapest. But I would not consider that a bad thing, particularly if it's your face you are messing with!! Dr. Chuang is a perfectionist. His English is OK - you'll be able to get your point across quite well with him *and he's a big fan of diagrams and pictures! The nurses don't speak much English, but I didn't find that to be a problem.

I'm going back in December to have more surgeries with him, so let me know if you'd like to join:)

Vana


Could you tell me what did you did? Because i'm considering breast enhancement.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 7:00 am

konishiazumi wrote:
Could you tell me what did you did? Because i'm considering breast enhancement.


You would do better with an English enhancement. You see, it's not what you have, it's how you use it. More'n mouthful goes to waste anyway!v :P

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Cosmetic Surgery - Any expats (Caucasian) done it here ?

Postby durain » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 8:48 am

Gypsy Queen wrote:if the surgeon is worth the flight, money is not really the issue its how good they are at what they do!


if money is no object, you want to consider USA, UK or Europe?

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby Gypsy Queen » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 4:40 pm

Asia is far more convenient for us but if quality means heading west then head west we shall!

savannah_lenaia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby savannah_lenaia » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 1:22 pm

Well first time around with Dr. Chuang I did:

1) Nose
2) Mini eyebrow lift
3) Cheek injections
4) Lip injections

This time I'm getting breast augmentation, cheek implants and chin implants.

Actually, Dr. Chuang is supposedly 'the best' breast surgeon in Taiwan. I didn't know that before I went there (and wasn't particularly interested because I wasn't getting mine done!!) ...but they were lining up around the block to get into him. He's in all the magazines over there because he developed a new 'technique' for aftercare apparently.

I only decided to get mine done because I couldn't believe how good his work was. Most of his receptionists have had their breasts done by him and they are quite happy to show them off (!!) The scars were teeny tiny - under the armpit. They were so small it looked like they had just nicked themselves shaving or something.

BUT having said that, I've heard there are a few good 'breast men' in Asia - AND they might be cheaper than Dr. Chuang. Because 'breasts' are like his thing, his prices are not so cheap (maybe about $6000 - $7000 US, depending on how the exchange rate is faring). There are a few good Thai doctors I've heard about (Dr. Amorn Poomee, Dr. Preecha and Dr. Teerasit) who are all supposed to be really good for breast augmentation. I've spoken to several caucasians who've had theirs done there. Not sure about prices for them, sorry.

Hope that helps :)

funshiting
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 22 Sep 2008

Postby funshiting » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
konishiazumi wrote:
Could you tell me what did you did? Because i'm considering breast enhancement.


You would do better with an English enhancement. You see, it's not what you have, it's how you use it. More'n mouthful goes to waste anyway!v :P


You are really funny....hahaha

thescribe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008

Postby thescribe » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 6:27 pm

hahahahha. so mean! dont tease ppl about their engrish lah.

User avatar
Loukoum
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2010

Postby Loukoum » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 8:34 pm

Hi !

I'm a newbie there, and as I read somes post, I would like to ask you some question savannah_lenaia

Well, so did you finally get your breast augmentation with dr Chuang ? are you satisfied with the result? and how much did it cost to you so ? i'm very insterested about it, but for the moment I have to save money ^^'

Otherwise, you seems to have also a rhino with the same Dr. So can I ask you the same questions, result, price.

Do you have some photos perhaps ?

hkgurl1480
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 09 Feb 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Postby hkgurl1480 » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:02 am

Hi girls. I am in Hong Kong. Most everyone here goes to Thailand. Quite cheap with excellent doctors and great facilities. If you want more info PM me or you could check out Bangkokmakeovers (just google it) they will look after you. Hugs.
Live, Love, Laugh


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests