Singapore Expats Forum

Moving with PEP in principle approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bogdang
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby bogdang » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 6:59 am

Hi all,
I'll be moving to SG next month, I have the in-principle approval letter of PEP (haven't collected it yet) and I got a job offer.
Do I tell all this to the immigration officer at entry or not?
And what do I put in the arrival form as the number of days I'm going to spend in SG??
I'm going to have 2 big suitcases with me, should I tell the customs abt my plans so I get the exemption from GST?

Thanks!
Bogdan

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby blue_thunder » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 3:37 pm

bogdang wrote:Hi all,
I'll be moving to SG next month, I have the in-principle approval letter of PEP (haven't collected it yet) and I got a job offer.
Do I tell all this to the immigration officer at entry or not?
And what do I put in the arrival form as the number of days I'm going to spend in SG??
I'm going to have 2 big suitcases with me, should I tell the customs abt my plans so I get the exemption from GST?

Thanks!
Bogdan


The in principle letter acts as ur visa to enter SG.
You need furnish the hard copy of the letter at the immigration authority.
The number of days is required for ppl on SVP or tourist visa.
You wont get any GST exemption for bringing in items to SG.Only if you take any items from SG to abroad(if you are on a tourist visa).So this s not applicable for you thou.

Hope ths helps..

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

bogdang
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby bogdang » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 8:19 pm

I entered SG today.
I didn't put anything in the "Days in SG" section,
the immigration guy asked me how many days I will be staying, so
I showed him a copy of the PEP in principle approval letter, and
he stamped a 90 day social visit pass. Which is surprising given that normally I should be given 30 days.

Tomorrow I'm going to collect the pass, I'll post my experience.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 7:06 am

Not surprising at all. If you are from a western country like the US, UK, Aus, NZ and a host of others you are automatically given an initial 90 visa by agreement.

bogdang
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Postby bogdang » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:28 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not surprising at all. If you are from a western country like the US, UK, Aus, NZ and a host of others you are automatically given an initial 90 visa by agreement.


No no, I'm from one of the countries that get 30 days.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 1:23 pm

Then it would be a direct result of having a copy of the IP PEP in your possession. Enjoy it and get cracking on the job hunt. At least that's one monkey off your back for a little while! :wink:

AussieSkater
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon, 20 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby AussieSkater » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:37 pm

I have a question, how long did you have to wait from the time your PEP was submitted to when you received the approval in principal letter? Thanks

bogdang
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Postby bogdang » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 4:58 am

AussieSkater wrote:I have a question, how long did you have to wait from the time your PEP was submitted to when you received the approval in principal letter? Thanks


It was submitted on July 31, the approval in principle letter is date Aug 6th.

mdsaifurrahman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 23 Aug 2008
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby mdsaifurrahman » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I got the EPEC last year November 2007. My institute was at the MoM list from where I did Master of Engineering (Telecommunications). But in fact I am very much interested for applying PEP. Although my monthly income is not SGD 7,000/- what is being mentioned at MoM website as a Foreign applicants income level but annual income is more than SGD 30,000/- and have 5+ years of work experience to work with Tire-1 European Telecom Vendor, Tier-1 Japanese Telecom Vendor. MoM also mentions in their website that '(MOM will be flexible in considering individual cases that do not meet the minimum criteria but merit the issuance of a PEP.)' Do you think I have a chance to get an PEP?





bogdang wrote:Hi all,
I'll be moving to SG next month, I have the in-principle approval letter of PEP (haven't collected it yet) and I got a job offer.
Do I tell all this to the immigration officer at entry or not?
And what do I put in the arrival form as the number of days I'm going to spend in SG??
I'm going to have 2 big suitcases with me, should I tell the customs abt my plans so I get the exemption from GST?

Thanks!
Bogdan

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:56 pm

Don't get your hopes up too high. If you do not have a track record of earning very close to the target minimum wage, it is very doubtful. Usually an individual has a higher personal opinion of self than the MOM. Usually they are right based on my years of observation.

waiheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2009

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:10 pm

bogdang wrote:I entered SG today.
I didn't put anything in the "Days in SG" section,
the immigration guy asked me how many days I will be staying, so
I showed him a copy of the PEP in principle approval letter, and
he stamped a 90 day social visit pass. Which is surprising given that normally I should be given 30 days.

Tomorrow I'm going to collect the pass, I'll post my experience.


Hi there,

What kind of document do we need during PEP collection? Do we need Medical Check report during collection (HIV test, X-ray, etc)?

Appreciate for the reply, many thanks.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards,
WH

bogdang
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby bogdang » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:21 pm

waiheng wrote:
Hi there,

What kind of document do we need during PEP collection? Do we need Medical Check report during collection (HIV test, X-ray, etc)?
WH


Exactly what the letter says: the letter itself, the passport and the declaration. You don't need to do any medical tests, just fill out the health declaration.

waiheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2009

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:25 pm

bogdang wrote:
waiheng wrote:
Hi there,

What kind of document do we need during PEP collection? Do we need Medical Check report during collection (HIV test, X-ray, etc)?
WH


Exactly what the letter says: the letter itself, the passport and the declaration. You don't need to do any medical tests, just fill out the health declaration.


Thanks for the quick reply. I'm arriving to Singapore soon, just curious on any HIV test.

By the way, just a signature on the health declaration without any proof??? thanks again!

waiheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2009

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Postby waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:36 pm

bogdang wrote:I entered SG today.
I didn't put anything in the "Days in SG" section,
the immigration guy asked me how many days I will be staying, so
I showed him a copy of the PEP in principle approval letter, and
he stamped a 90 day social visit pass. Which is surprising given that normally I should be given 30 days.

Tomorrow I'm going to collect the pass, I'll post my experience.


Mind to post your experince during collection and the life in SIngapore?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests