Singapore Expats Forum

Can't fathom what's great about Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:53 am

actually this week he fell below 50% but I think that is a blip

how did this become an Obama thing?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:56 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -over.html

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... cking_poll

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02176.html

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116224/obama ... eases.aspx

So it came up tonight - it's only temporary.

About the only ones that show him up are the Democratic biased media like CBS and such. Of course, it's be be expected from them anyway so you take them with more than a grain of salt. :wink:

Hopefully, the country will continue to wise up before the mid-term elections. I think they'll be a lot more blue dogs by then. :-|

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 1:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Problem is, most Americans are learning real fast that the honeymoon is over and his popularity rating is sliding downhill faster than an outta control luge. Doesn't surprise me one bit though. Knew it was coming during the primaries.
Personally i believe he is probably the best ever president in living history, he will be the first ever to go down in history as a black, and I can really understand why all the little white boys are pissed off.
Of course his ratings have dropped, that is only natural in a troubled economy and he took it at its worst. Your Country is double as bad as my own for bullshit! In fact I would go as far as to say, we get it from America, but at least it's better than Russia or China :lol: or is it? I heard they was going to reclaim the lands, to pay for the deficit! :wink: While UK become slaves

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 7:23 am

I agree with ksl, Obama has done very well to get to where he is although I acknowledge he is going to have a rough ride but who's fault is that? While he isn't perfect he inheritted a horrendous mess from the previous administration.

Sms the poll in The Telegraph is the gallup poll (same people as your last link), said by some to be rather right-wing but then The Telegraph is known half-jokingly as The Daily Torygraph.

erikwp

Postby erikwp » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 8:12 am

- Firstly foods are tasteless.

You probably need to buy the Makan Sutra or a similar guide. Plenty of good food to find in Singapore. Anyway, in most countries in the West you'll have to cook yourself so why not do that here?

- People are ugly (Singapore definitely got bad genes)

I see you've never been to the US. Don't believe everything you see on tv, not everyone in the States looks like Leonardo Dicaprio.

- Many are smelly (you can smell the odor in MRT especially)

Never been to India or Bulgaria either I guess... Anyway, smell is relative.

- They are boring as hell. Singapore sit com is probably the dreariest in the world.

I know quite a few very entertaining Singaporeans. True, it's not Vienna or Paris here but at least there are concerts. However, if a sitcom is your idea of entertainment, then I rest my case.. ( I do like My Sassy Neighbour though..).

- Everyone craves to be "FIRST" in everything. Foreigners who are familiar with Singapore they would realize immediately the ad campaign of "FIRST to fly A380" couldn't come from any other airline other than from the airline of the Republic of Kiasu.

Funny, I just saw a hugh sign in Indonesia proclaiming they were first in something (forgot what). Singapore really wants to prove they are best, they borrowed that attitude from the Americans (largest whatever in the world, first to whatever etc.)

- First world in facilities, but third world mentality (the dictator and his family own/control/work practically in many major companies/organization from the Republic). It will take decades for them to realize this.

Can't argue with that. However, better to barbecue in hell then to starve in heaven.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 9:50 am

ksl wrote:Personally i believe he is probably the best ever president in living history, he will be the first ever to go down in history as a black, and I can really understand why all the little white boys are pissed off.

Bit of a racist are you? I didn't think so......

White boys aren't pissed off, it was white boys who put him there. Most Americans are starting to get pissed off, regardless of their "color". Who cares what color he is? I'm talking about what he is doing to the future of our country. He putting future generations so deep into hock they will never ever see the light of day. Maybe he'll change his name to Hugo Chavez and create a new branch of government called ACORN. Oh, wow, he's getting us out of Iraq. But creating another Waterloo back into Afghanistan again. Out of the pot and into the fire? Where is he any different? Except for mortgaging the future of our grand-children and their children. :roll:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 9:52 am

I can guarantee you that most people are not pissed off with Obama... exactly the opposite. He has had to make hard choices in a hostile political environment, and whether you like his choices or not one thing is for sure... he has done it with integrity and gravitas... much more than can be said for the band of maroons and criminals that previously occupied the Whitehouse.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 9:53 am

Plavt wrote:I agree with ksl, Obama has done very well to get to where he is although I acknowledge he is going to have a rough ride but who's fault is that? While he isn't perfect he inheritted a horrendous mess from the previous administration.

He sure did. The same mess that the previous administration inherited from Clinton. Bush just added to it. Our current friend is only triple or quadrupling it! :o

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 4:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
He sure did. The same mess that the previous administration inherited from Clinton. Bush just added to it. Our current friend is only triple or quadrupling it! :o

Quite obviously you don't like him and from what I have seen in several of your posts will do anything to denounce him since your views are in conflict with your fellow American above. I assume you by 'qaudrupling it' you mean adding to the nations debt? I don't think that can be avoided unless you want a povery stricken even more rubbish society than what we already have here in the UK which doubtless happen if thay facist moron David Cameron and his cronies get elected which they doubt less will. Think it's a bit rich to take things back to the Clinton era though.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 5:46 pm

Okay guys, we've clearly established that both the UK and the US are crap.

But THIS thread is supposed to be about why Singapore is crap.

Please focus on the issue at hand gentleman... :P
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 6:36 pm

Addadude wrote:

Kill joy. :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:50 am

Addadude wrote:Okay guys, we've clearly established that both the UK and the US are crap.

Got that right! Image

Addadude wrote:

I don't think Singapore is crap.

'nuff said Image

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 2:01 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Addadude wrote:Okay guys, we've clearly established that both the UK and the US are crap.

Got that right! Image

Addadude wrote:

Me too. That's why we don't belong on this thread.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 4:39 am

Vaucluse wrote:

Got that right! Image

Addadude wrote:

Shock and horror. Finally agree with something you've knuckled out on your keyboard.
Be Like Water

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 9:19 am

Bafana wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

Got that right! Image

Addadude wrote:

Shock and horror. Finally agree with something you've knuckled out on your keyboard.

I'm not surprised that your inherent feelings of post-colonial devotion guide you in this direction.

'nuff said Image