Singapore Expats Forum

singaporian racially abusing a foreigner

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:42 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Nice post, SGBoy. Good attitude


:wink: because I know this kind of incident surely do happen in everywhere

not only in sg .

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:44 pm

econoMIC wrote:Yes well said SGBoy, almost poetically.


:wink: thanks I am remb you coming to sg in next summer ya..?

User avatar
econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Postby econoMIC » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:32 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
econoMIC wrote:Yes well said SGBoy, almost poetically.


:wink: thanks I am remb you coming to sg in next summer ya..?


As mentioned in your other post, I am jumping back and fourth at the moment. So back in Singers for a week every two to three months and then back for good in September.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 9:58 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Nice post, SGBoy. Good attitude


:wink: because I know this kind of incident surely do happen in everywhere

not only in sg .


Mate, it is much, much worse in other countries . . .
......................................................

'nuff said Image

'essa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby 'essa » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:44 pm

Shylock:
I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that.

Whatelse can I say?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35184
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:58 pm

Not sure what the devil you are saying but there is nobody named shylock on this thread. You might want to post this on the right website as I don't think we have a shylock even registered. :roll:

Oh, you can't help it if you are jewish. But we won't hold that against you. In Singapore, all can be discriminated against equally.

User avatar
econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Postby econoMIC » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 4:53 pm

I protest about the above post throwing in that I am a free thinker and have no religion. I believe this forum should be held free of religious posts. Further having the word weapons and a second religion in one sentence might be misinterpreted and taken offensively by a Christian in this case. I am very serious about this would like to see a moderator delete or censor the post. :(
a.k.a. littlegreenman

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not sure what the devil you are saying but there is nobody named shylock on this thread. You might want to post this on the right website as I don't think we have a shylock even registered. :roll:

SMS, you might want to brush up on your Shakespeare a little :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shylock
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

'essa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby 'essa » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:31 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not sure what the devil you are saying but there is nobody named shylock on this thread. You might want to post this on the right website as I don't think we have a shylock even registered. :roll:

Oh, you can't help it if you are jewish. But we won't hold that against you. In Singapore, all can be discriminated against equally.


Oh my god! That really cracked me. Here I am being all serious and all quoting Shakespeare and you totally managed to steal my thunder. *lol*
Out Of Our Minds...
Craaazy Ass Times...
Not Only My best Friends...
But My Partners In Crime...

'essa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby 'essa » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:33 am

econoMIC wrote:I protest about the above post throwing in that I am a free thinker and have no religion. I believe this forum should be held free of religious posts. Further having the word weapons and a second religion in one sentence might be misinterpreted and taken offensively by a Christian in this case. I am very serious about this would like to see a moderator delete or censor the post. :(


I humbly beg your pardon for offending your sensibilities and that of any Christian who might have taken offense. Post was meant to promote peace and not violence.
Out Of Our Minds...

Craaazy Ass Times...

Not Only My best Friends...

But My Partners In Crime...

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:58 am

'essa wrote:
econoMIC wrote:I protest about the above post throwing in that I am a free thinker and have no religion. I believe this forum should be held free of religious posts. Further having the word weapons and a second religion in one sentence might be misinterpreted and taken offensively by a Christian in this case. I am very serious about this would like to see a moderator delete or censor the post. :(


I humbly beg your pardon for offending your sensibilities and that of any Christian who might have taken offense. Post was meant to promote peace and not violence.


How abt Muslims/Hindus/Buddhists/Tribals etc :cry:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:23 am

econoMIC wrote:I protest about the above post throwing in that I am a free thinker and have no religion. I believe this forum should be held free of religious posts. Further having the word weapons and a second religion in one sentence might be misinterpreted and taken offensively by a Christian in this case. I am very serious about this would like to see a moderator delete or censor the post. :(


You also may be surprised at what is revealed after we die

Image
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35184
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:25 am

You know you could have a fatwa placed on you for that! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 1:10 pm

Damn, I'm in the right country for that, too
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 1:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You know you could have a fatwa placed on you for that! :mrgreen:


Fatwas had been placed on more...interesting...personas.
:o :shock: :o


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests