Maternity wear

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
lightblue

Maternity wear

Post by lightblue » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 4:15 pm

Hullo all,

Could any of you give suggestions (shop names with locations would be excellent) where I can find a wide range of maternity wear, preferably at reasonable prices?

The couple of shops I went to mainly cater for the new-born/baby needs with only a small section for maternity clothes...

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 4:30 pm

Not sure where you based but there is a shop in the Singapura Plaza that has a maternity wear shop. But I am not sure what the price range is.
Zeenit

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 4:41 pm

Plenty in paragon top floor near the early learning centre, theres a place called maternity exchange near centrepoint and one in the shopping mall next to orchard tower called palais something, depend what you are looking for, most of the places are for stay at home mums and have those horrible sack like outfits.

For formal working clothes we had to get them made at the local tailors, and based them on the same mechanism for those hidden stretchy waist men trousers from marks and sparks.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 6:14 pm

Mother's Work in Tanglin Mall, Egg Maternity in Vivocity and Zara now has a maternity section. There are fancy maternity jeans at Expecting (I think that is what it's called) 1st floor in the Forum.

wing_wing

Post by wing_wing » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 2:01 pm

i find some nice maternity stuff here http://www.coozfashion.com

their pants are real nice...

tayla

Post by tayla » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 2:37 pm

Egg at Vivo City

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:03 pm

I got mine from Spring at Suntec - above Carefour (sp), close to Toys R Us. They have a massive range and the prices are really good - I'm a cheapscate so if I think it's reasonable then it has to be good.

They've got mix and match tops - 2 for $49 and I bought some jogging pants for my prenatal yoga class for $56.

There's loads of nice stuff for going out and special occasions.

positano
Regular
Regular

Post by positano » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:52 pm

Dorothy Perkins (limited selection)
Suntec City - there are a few maternity wear stores near Toys R Us
Moms in Mind http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/onlinestore.html - online store or you can visit the showroom . They sell maternity and breastfeeding clothes.
Maternity Exchange http://www.maternityexchange.sg/ at Marina Square. Option to rent or buy maternity clothes (i haven't been there but i have a friend who likes their maternity clothes)
Moms R Ushttp://www.moms-rus.com/at United Square

i don't know where you are from originally but if you are non-Singaporean and planning a trip home anytime soon, you may want to consider shopping at home too. personally i found that the sizing and styles more suitable for me abroad. for example i found a dressy maternity singlet at a shop in the Paragon (i can't remember the name of the store) but the length and size of the singlet looked like a normal size to me and not maternity size. in general, i find that the tops here are quite short in length.

Hope this helps...

lightblue

Post by lightblue » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:17 am

Thanks so much everyone! Really appreaciate all the input :) I am non-Singaporean, but not intending to travel abroad now.

Well, after heeding your advice, so far I have been to:

- Maternity Exchange: I was quite disappointed to be honest. If you don't want to rent, everything looked really overpriced. And I didn't feel the shop had the wide range and vareity of brands that the website boasts about.

- Egg Maternity: Some good comfy styles. Shop may be small, but they've tried to cramp it full of vareity, so I didn't feel disappointed like I did with Maternity Exchange. But they're really low on stock for different sizes.

- Mothercare: Different outlets carry different clothes, some outlets don't even have a section for maternity clothes strictly limiting themselves with baby needs only.

- Marton Bell at Vivo: Some good maternity tops to be found. Also they're having a sale so doesn't pinch as much.

I'll definately take a look at the shops in Suntec/United as soon as I can spare the extra time and cash!!

Please do continue to suggest if you know of something new or unmentioned before.

positano
Regular
Regular

Post by positano » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:08 am

The other day I went to Mothers En Vogue. I will definetely not be returning to have another look because the service was so awful. The salesgirl asked personal and intrusive questions which were of no relevance but only to satisfy her own curiosities. Furthermore, she was very pushy and tried to convince me to buy something which wasn't flattering all all. Anyway, the merchandise isn't nice and is well overpriced. Don't even waste your time here.

amanda23

Post by amanda23 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 8:40 pm

Actually personally, I quite like Maternity Exchange and Mothers En Vogue.
I guess it boils down to personal preference, but I feel the clothes there are trendier and make me look and feel good. So they are still worth a visit. Maternity Exchange, especially, has one of the better ranges around since they carry many different brands from all over the world. And it's worth renting if you're going to grow or wear it for a short time. I know they've got basic ts and a local brand there as well, where the prices are lower as well. You kinda pay for the quality, if not, you can also rent. Anyway, the whole Marina Square area is not bad if you want to see maternity and baby stuff. They've got Mothercare, Maternity Exchange, Maternity House, Kiddy Palace and some other boutiques....