Singapore Expats Forum

Caught a maid hitting a dog...very upset :( UPDATE

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 1:29 am

yah try to hang around when theyre getting their mails. if not you can always send the pic to the newspapers and send an artile as well about animal cruelty.

Edited by moderator: Please see the sticky entitled 'IMPORTANT ALL POSTERS PLEASE NOTE'.

GarethPhua

Postby GarethPhua » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:22 am

URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES

At the same time I'd remind her that Singapore has little tolerance for cruelty to animals, and that if need be you will write in to the papers.

I hope my answers are helpful in any way. As an owner of cats and dogs, I breaks my heart that people have little regard for another life.

Edit - Mods, my apologies for posting the URL. I clean missed the posting guidelines earlier on.
Experienced horrible service or superb service? Come share your story at Bouquets & Brickbats

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Re: Caught a maid hitting a dog...very upset :( UPDATE

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 20 May 2009 1:40 am

Rach_OZ wrote:Hello,

I am pretty distraught today and I just wanted to know what you long term
expats think I should do.

This is the second time I have seen this particular maid in my building hitting the dog that she takes out to the toilet, the first time I was so shocked I didn't know what to do, but today I approached her and we had some words after I told her to stopping hitting the dog and that I had seen her doing it a few times now, she was very aggressive and I honestly felt if the conversation had gone any further that she would of hit me. I asked for her apartment number and told her I was going to tell her employer that she was abusing their dog, but she kind of flew at me and was right in my face and started abusing me but said she would gladly give me their number in a sarcastic tone.

I can't stop shaking an crying and I am so worried about what to do, I just couldn't stand by and watch this poor dog being hit with a metal brush while it was cowering in fear. But I'm worried if I tell the dog's owners that they won't care anyway. I live on ground floor with my little boy so am thinking about our safety and the repercussions if I say something, because I have to say this maid scared the hell out of me.

Thanks you,
Rachel.

[/i]

Just call the cops at once, and that nutter can add criminal intimidation to her rap sheet when they tally up the charges. Don't get upset, get even.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 20 May 2009 2:44 am

TennoHekka wrote:Just call the cops at once, and that nutter can add criminal intimidation to her rap sheet when they tally up the charges. Don't get upset, get even.

I am sure they will be really interested, have a look at the date this thread was started. :lol:

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 20 May 2009 3:01 am

Plavt wrote:
TennoHekka wrote:Just call the cops at once, and that nutter can add criminal intimidation to her rap sheet when they tally up the charges. Don't get upset, get even.

I am sure they will be really interested, have a look at the date this thread was started. :lol:

Haha! My bad! but nothing gets coppers going other than a cold case right? Sorta like "New Tricks" in real life! That tune keeps repeating itself in me head! :lol:

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 21 May 2009 4:10 pm

Hey Rach,any update ? :???:
Always have a smile on that face!