Singapore Expats Forum

virus

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

daytripper65
Regular
Regular

virus

Postby daytripper65 » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:05 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody else has has experience with this nasty that's going though our house now. Started off with my 6 year old a week ago--bad headache and nausea. Exactly one week later my 9 year old came down with it only much worse--severe headache, wretching every 45 minutes for 14 hours, and fever of 101F. The headache worried me and he couldn't keep any fever meds down so I took him to emergency, where they wanted to admit him (long story but I refused in the end). They gave him an antihistime to calm the vomitting which worked, and his fever also came down. He was doing much better yesterday, eating, drinking, more energy, etc. Now today he has a bad headache again. I don't want to go back to the ER, and the clinics are just jam packed, so I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this virus and if we're in for a backlash.

Thanks much.
Let your soul and spirit fly
...into the mystic--VM

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 5:55 pm

I think one of the mob in my house has something this week like it as well. a 1 year old infant. Seems to be on the mend today though.....

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 7:07 pm

My neighbour's one-year old has something too. Threw up yesterday.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 9:26 pm