Singapore Expats

Furniture Cushion replacement

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
synkronize

Furniture Cushion replacement

Post by synkronize » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 12:23 pm

Hi

I have a 3-piece L-Shape sofa which is rather old and since I love the sofa so much to throw it away, I'm thinking of replacing the cushion and perhaps also the covers since they're quite old.

I've tried searching on yellowpages but can't seem to find anyone that provides such service. I don't need expensive cushion/covers, just something comfortable. I suppose it would be custom made according to the size of my sofa.

If anyone has any contacts, please let me know. Thanks!

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 6:15 pm

You can try Tangery Accents in Tanglin Shopping Mall (the older one next to the St Regis hotel) #02-53 Tel 67348862. We used them for some cut carpets and I just saw the rep in our elevator today with a big cushion and a drawing of someone's couch - I asked if they do recoverings and he said yes. Biggie Best has also been used by friends (same shopping center) - but will be relatively expensive.
If you are looking to go very inexpensive - you can buy the fabric at IKEA and have the covers made to spec at the upholsterer on site. I did that with a child daybed - but I must have mis-measured b/c the covers were much too large. Still works b/c I just tucked them under and threw a bunch of pillows over it - but since you are doing your own measuring - you really need to get it right - they won't redo them. Hope this helps!