Singapore Expats Forum

Ooohh That Girl!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Jack_Hunk

Ooohh That Girl!

Postby Jack_Hunk » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 9:52 am

This is kind of crazy but it would be great if some can help.

I'd been to MOM today to collect my EP. It was a crowded place by the time I went in. I was very thirsty and tired. A lady just happened to pass by me and I was quite impressed by her looks. It was the kind of looks I'd expect to see in a girl.. Innocence!! Just to start off a conversation I asked "Excuse me.. Do you know where's the water cooler?" She was kind enough to take me all the way to the cooler and I was thrilled walking with her. I just noticed the MOM emblem on her black TShirt. She left smiling.

After an hour I saw her taking the chair in one of the counter that was meant for EP application. I was desperately hoping I should be going to her counter. There were more than 5 counters and I started loosing hope. My number flashed. I was totally awe struck when my number was against her counter!! Aye.. Aye!! I didnt know how to react but concealed the emotions as I went near the table. She was surprised as well..
" 656?!"
"Yeh" :)
"Please have a seat sir!" :)
"lah.."
"lah.."
"lah..."
"laaa..."
"la la lah..."
"Thank you.. "
":)"

Sorry if I bored you guys.. Does anyone who reads this think theres a way to get her name or her contacts to speak to her again?! She seemed like a Singaporean (I guessed it with her english accent) but has her roots back in India.

Any one Any help?!!
:lol:

AndreS

Postby AndreS » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:18 am

just go and get another EP ;) or go there for some other silly reason. i don't think that there is another way of getting her name to speak to her than just "incidentally" meeting her there again and ask for it the oldschool way. :)

go and get her! good night and good luck!

cheers

januarius
Regular
Regular

Postby januarius » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 3:00 pm

SINGAPORE suits u then~

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Re: Ooohh That Girl!

Postby mulffett » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:11 pm

Jack_Hunk wrote:She seemed like a Singaporean (I guessed it with her english accent) but has her roots back in India.

Any one Any help?!!

Man you need help.

This is the lamest post I have ever seen.

Go back to MOM and ask her for phone number in person. If you really can't afford a "no", get a close friend to help you.
But honestly if you can't do that then just forget the whole thing...

Anyway, good luck mate!

bLeaHz

Re: Ooohh That Girl!

Postby bLeaHz » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:10 am

Jack_Hunk wrote:Any one Any help?!!

Now tat u knw where she works just go up to her and ask for her email or number... Drag a fren along if u need the morale boost.... Good Luck!

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Postby mondaymorningquarterback » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 1:48 pm

Sorry to tell you this but you blew it. Just forget about it. Shes not allowed to diverge any personal info to you over the counter even if you do go back and somehow find her. You're a romantic and there will never be a shortage of girls for you.

bostonT2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bostonT2 » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 2:51 pm

she may not be able to divulge her info but no restrictions on u giving out ur info..
write something funny/cute/smart on a piece of paper..go there (dont be like a stalker tho) maybe u'll get lucky and u can ask for the water cooler again...
semi lost in translation...

Avida
Regular
Regular

Postby Avida » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:13 am

This is a surprising post. Good for you mate that you found love in MOM. Most of us dread going back to MOM, excessively long queue and da da da.

She must have liked you, or else she would have pointed you to the water cooler instead. I say you have a chance. 4 in 10 Singaporean women (so I've read) is married to foreigners. You have a whopping 40% success rate.

Good luck

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 4:19 am

mondaymorningquarterback wrote:Sorry to tell you this but you blew it. Just forget about it. Shes not allowed to diverge any personal info to you over the counter even if you do go back and somehow find her. You're a romantic and there will never be a shortage of girls for you.

c'mon, give that guy a break. who knows what might happen with some luck and persistance!

bLeaHz

Update

Postby bLeaHz » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:57 pm

So dude updates man? Have you asked her already?

Karthigesh

Postby Karthigesh » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:36 am

Umm I dunno if this'll help, but I've been in a similar situation....

There was this cute barista that always seemed to serve me whenever I bought coffee at the Starbucks next to Centrepoint....

Now I knew that if I asked her right there and then she would have said no because she was at work...

So I tried for a week or two to get in line in such a way that she would serve me everytime....Soon I began asking her...since I buy the same thing always, care to make any recommendations?....

She got all giggly and over time i began to ask her more personal things and sooner or later we went out....

Takes time I guess, slowly ease her out of her work mood and then she will be more comfortable to share things with you....
Those Close To Me Say I'm An Old-School Romantic, Perhaps, I Don't Belong In Modern Day Love...

gggviki

Postby gggviki » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:12 pm

It must be fate! Ajia!

Jack_Hunk

Postby Jack_Hunk » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 1:34 pm

Guys,

I'm surprised to see so many people interested in that incident I posted! Thanks for all your interest in this and it sure has brought back the good old memory. I know I'm curbing all the enthusiasm when I say I didn't go again to MOM after that. Its not that I lost interest but just that I didn't know if the plan would work. I wasn't also sure if she would be at all interested with some random who she met for a visa interview. But the picture of that cute face is still etched in memory!

danialgoh
Regular
Regular

Postby danialgoh » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 1:57 am

Correct me if I'm wrong. You guys would spend $6 everytime at Starbucks just to ask her one question. Mathematically, 1 question = $6. 10 questions = $60. Too expensive. Oops I forgot. Singapore is indeed expensive.