Singapore Expats Forum

Napisan- where to buy

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Napisan- where to buy

Postby ozchick » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 9:10 am

Have bought it here in Sg previously but can't find any now. If any of you guys see this product will you let me know please ? It's great for reliable stain removal. There is a substitute product called Vanish but it's no good.
And I hereby pre-empt all the funny comments about 'nappies' so don't even go there ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:46 am

I bought some in CS Jelita only a few weeks ago...but it was over in the baby section with the shampoos and baby baths etc not in the laundry section. Did you look there?
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:50 am

Cold Storage at United Square, oz. However, my experience with CS is that they sometimes have it, and sometimes don't! HTH, Mr. P

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 1:19 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Cold Storage at United Square, oz. However, my experience with CS is that they sometimes have it, and sometimes don't! HTH, Mr. P

Will try both and thanks Sierra and Micknlea Yeah it's the 'here one minute and gone the next' syndrome at these local supermarkets that gets us all guessing where to find the stuff we 'bought THERE last time' !
Ah ya gotta laugh...and I'm learning the heard way- when you find the thing you've been looking for, buy a HEAP of the stuff so they can't keep playing these games with us ! :)
Thanks Matney have PMd you.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 2:15 pm

Oz - CS at United Square has it in stock today - we just bought some. If you cannot get over there do you want me to wander across and buy you a couple and we can catch up later in the week?

P & C

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 3:21 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Oz - CS at United Square has it in stock today - we just bought some. If you cannot get over there do you want me to wander across and buy you a couple and we can catch up later in the week?

P & C

Thanks muchly Sierra but found a container yesterday at Fairprice Holland Village which is called Vanish Napisan..mm...so I bought some and will give it a go...unless anyone else on here knows that this product is useless like the usual Vanish ?
So yeah it's around then Sierra and I'll be in town tonight so may head to UE Square for a big buy-up ! The other thing that's hard to find at times is Domestos but I got a lot of this at Holland Village recently and stocked up!
:)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 3:26 pm

Oz - yeh the Napisan Vanish seems to be the same product - but obviously test it first.

As a side issue we had a girlfriend from AUS up here staying with us last week. She had just bought a new Versace synthetic top in Hong Kong (where she had been the previous week). We washed it on cold with normal washing powder, and the mongrel ran! Cold wash - all instructions followed! The total biatch of a thing was her new white jeans were in the same wash! And a new cotton dress!

I always followed the adage that first washes go "solo" so I guess this re-inforces it!

Glad to be of use, Mr. P