Singapore Expats Forum

Volunteer and make new friends

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
KerryL26

Volunteer and make new friends

Postby KerryL26 » Fri, 03 Oct 2008 5:32 pm

Hi,

Is there anybody out there with a couple of hours a week to spare?
I volunteer at Riding for the disabled assisting with giving therapeutic riding lessons to disabled children and we are desperately short of help on friday mornings. If you can give a few hours 1 week day morning I can guarantee you will receive, new friends with regular weekly social events,a cup of tea or coffee,yummy cake and scintillating conversation after each session and a big bag of warm fuzzies to take home....just wait till you see the smiles on those little faces! You don't need to be experienced around horses(we have people for that!)just a love of kids will suffice.You can find more information on the website,
www.rdasingapore.org

Zack555

Hi

Postby Zack555 » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 1:18 pm

Hi, I love to help in but i'm not free during weekdays (working 8-5). Please let me know how else i can help you. This is my mail sharish00@hotmail.com

Zack
Zacks5s5

KerryL26

Postby KerryL26 » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks for your interest.

Rda also run sessions on a Saturday and are always in need of new volunteers.I have never helped out on a Saturday so I am unable to give you any details on time etc.

If you would like to know more their contact details are available on the website.

Give them a call you'll love it!!! I have just returned from a session today and as always my smile is 3 inches wider than it was before.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elska76 » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 2:20 pm

Thanx for the infor......will look into the website.....:)
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

Zack555

hi

Postby Zack555 » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 3:34 pm

Ok. Good will check it. Thanks
Zacks5s5

irunnike

Re: Volunteer and make new friends

Postby irunnike » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 6:14 pm

KerryL26 wrote:Hi,

Is there anybody out there with a couple of hours a week to spare?
I volunteer at Riding for the disabled assisting with giving therapeutic riding lessons to disabled children and we are desperately short of help on friday mornings. If you can give a few hours 1 week day morning I can guarantee you will receive, new friends with regular weekly social events,a cup of tea or coffee,yummy cake and scintillating conversation after each session and a big bag of warm fuzzies to take home....just wait till you see the smiles on those little faces! You don't need to be experienced around horses(we have people for that!)just a love of kids will suffice.You can find more information on the website,
www.rdasingapore.org

Hi KerryL26,

I'd love to offer my help on Friday mornings if you are still in need. I am available tomorrow morning - Please let me know the details. Thanks!

feliz

Postby feliz » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 7:26 pm

Hi KerryL26,

Thanks for sharing the link and gives us the opportunity to do some good deeds ^.^

I have called RDA yesterday, I can only make it on weekends but they already have alot of volunteers on Sat for sidewalker.

They need volunteers for selling Christmas Cards at Wheelock with scheduled time slots. Those who are keen can click on the link and call them for more details.

Thanks!

KerryL26

Postby KerryL26 » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:51 pm

Sorry irunike my computer has been down and I have just seen your post..too late for last friday but still in penty of time for this friday :)

If you are still keen to join us just turn up at RDA at about 8:45 on friday morning and I will show you around and help you get started.

We would love to see you as we have a few volunteers going away this month and are now at risk of having to cancel sessions so if you have any friends that you think may be interested please feel free to bring them along as well.

Look forward to meeting you on Friday.

irunnike

Postby irunnike » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:56 pm

kerry,

you can count me in for Friday morning - I'll be there!

drastogi
Regular
Regular

Postby drastogi » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:32 am

Kerry,

I can't make it on a weekday (work from 9 to 6). But I would love to volunteer on weekends. Are there any programs for Saturday and/or Sunday?

expat2008

Postby expat2008 » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 6:32 pm

Hello!
I just moved here three weeks ago and I will love to help. Please send me more information. At the time I am not working so I have a lot of time. Back home I was working as a psychologist for children and families.

Thanks,

KerryL26

Postby KerryL26 » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:00 pm

Contact details are;

Email mail@rdasingapore.org.sg
Ph 62500176

Or you can come along to watch a session and meet the RDA team Monday to Friday 9am-11am 5 Jalan Mashor off Thompson rd just past the Singapore Polo Club.

tllau

10:30am too late

Postby tllau » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:00 am

Hi, We've just moved to Singapore too. I'm available from 10:30am on Friday would that be ok?

KerryL26

Postby KerryL26 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks to everyone that responded to this thread.

Due to an on going shortage of volunteers RDA will be ceasing Friday sessions during November and December resuming 16th January 2009.

Sessions will be continuing on Mondays,Tuesdays,Wednesdays and Thursdays. If you are interested in volunteering on any of these days please contact RDA directly mail@rdasingapore.org.sg

WuffRuff

Postby WuffRuff » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Kerry,

Is RDA still short of volunteers?
Actually I've thought of volunteering before but the accessibility and distance put me off.
How can I get there by public transport?
I live in Marine Parade.