Singapore Expats

What's so funnY?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
yanzzyanzz

What's so funnY?

Post by yanzzyanzz » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 5:36 pm

hey! i'm gathering opinion for my final year project in ntu. it's a half hr documentary on comedy scene in singapore, so would really appreciate it if you could take some time to give ur honest opinions on these qns :)

Do you think Singaporeans has a sense of humour?
Do you think Singaporeans can laugh at ourselves?
What’s your favourite local TV comedy show, films, plays or comics?
Who’s your favourite local comedian? Why?
Describe what you feel is the Singapore culture or what is unique about Singapore?

Thanks so much! do speak your heart k? haf a nice day :)

-yan-

DrSpirograph

Post by DrSpirograph » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:56 am

Hi Yan,
What's your final project? I'd be very interested to hear what you find.
I'm currently working on a comedy project for my studies at LASALLE College of the Arts and have an interest in the comedy scene in Singapore, so I'd be very interested in what you discover.
I'd also really like to know what you know of the Singapore comedy scene, as I don't know a lot of it. For instance the only local comedian I can think of is Hossan Leong.

As for my response to your questions (I'm afraid I can only really answer the first two):
Do you think Singaporeans has a sense of humour?
Yes, of course. I think the stereotypical sense of humour as portrayed in the media is different to mine (I'm an Australian expat), but I can always enjoy a good laugh with many of my local friends.

Do you think Singaporeans can laugh at ourselves?
Yes. I don't watch a lot of it, but from the comedy I've seen on MediaCorp (Maggy and Me, The Noose), it seems to be heavily reliant on laughing at Singaporeans.

Cheers,
Chris

yanzzyanzz

Post by yanzzyanzz » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:43 am

[quote="DrSpirograph"]Hi Yan,
What's your final project? I'd be very interested to hear what you find.
I'm currently working on a comedy project for my studies at LASALLE College of the Arts and have an interest in the comedy scene in Singapore, so I'd be very interested in what you discover.
I'd also really like to know what you know of the Singapore comedy scene, as I don't know a lot of it. For instance the only local comedian I can think of is Hossan Leong.

Hi Chris,
Sorry for the very late reply! i just checked the forum today... Ya! we'll be glad to share our findings.
So far, we've interviewed some scriptwriters of local comedy TV shows, talked to some standup comedians like HossanLeong and Christian Chua, and gathered opinions from other forums regarding the local comedy scene. We're still in the midst of further research...
Is it possible if you can pass me your email so i can mail u a summary of our findings? cause it's a bit long to type everything out here

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”