Singapore Expats Forum

Yes another newbie

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Steve63

Yes another newbie

Postby Steve63 » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:54 am

Hi all!
I am another newbie expat in Singapore..... I am a 45 year old American male now living here and looking to meet people and learn the ropes.

I have noticed most of the people posting for new friends and acquaintances are much younger... so I thought I'd post for the over 35 crowd.

I am up for most anything and don't know the singles (or otherwise ) landscape here.
Anyway glad to meet you and looking forward to hearing from you!

Be well
Steve

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Yes another newbie

Postby deb96 » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:37 pm

Steve63 wrote:Hi all!
I am another newbie expat in Singapore..... I am a 45 year old American male now living here and looking to meet people and learn the ropes.

I have noticed most of the people posting for new friends and acquaintances are much younger... so I thought I'd post for the over 35 crowd.

I am up for most anything and don't know the singles (or otherwise ) landscape here.

Be well
Steve

You can join us for some volleyball today at sentosa.....

casper153

Postby casper153 » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 3:07 pm

Steve63 wrote:Hi all!

Be well
Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Singapore. Hope the weather is not killing u. Not much of Singles scene here. Hv to try to create such opportunities to meet and enjoy life here. :roll:

Mr Q
Regular
Regular

Postby Mr Q » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 6:56 pm

Steve63 wrote:I have noticed most of the people posting for new friends and acquaintances are much younger... so I thought I'd post for the over 35 crowd.

Welcome to Singapore! It's a great place to be.

Feel free to join WNDC, FNDC, or any other socials that catches your fancy. Most people who attend are friendly and sociable, ranging in age from early twenties to way past 40 :wink: . . . singles as well as couples . . .

If you let it be known that you are single, then be prepared to be invited to parties, parties and more parties
\:D/

Just get out there and circulate . . .

Cheers
8-)

Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

FNDC tis FRI eve, 03rd OCT08

Postby Minkcoat » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 7:26 pm

U r rite Mr Q! :lol: ....Steve, drop by our next FNDC gathering which is happening tis coming FRI.

Yes, lotsa Newbies/Regulars - global citizens to mingle with & as Mr Q says U will be invited to many BBQs, Birthday parties, movie outings, concerts, age ranges varies from 20s - 40s.

No worries, juz come relax & join d Motley Crew! :P

I've juz posted d Venue under FNDC (Fri Nite Drinking Club).

Cheers! :wink:
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

moto
Regular
Regular

"older" crowd

Postby moto » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 1:38 pm

hi... i am mid-30s and i've done the club scene. now interested in more relaxed meet-ups--perhaps a small group of five or so over a nice meal and drinks.

those interested, just continue the thread with your messages....

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:05 pm

Steve, welcome to Singabore!

Check out the link on SMS's posts. (Thanks SMS) My wife and I have found the information from these links very useful over the past year.

Like the previous posts say, if you're single guy you'll have plenty to do.
Pakjohn

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:36 pm

who/which is SMS and where are the links? i don't find them in this thread.

so the prospects of a single guy like me are not so bleak then huh? is it really singabore for you?

regards

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Singabore

Postby pakjohn » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:26 am

Sorry.. here's the link to SMS expat resource site;
http://www.keynote-engineers.net/useful_links.html
Pakjohn

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:05 pm

Moto,

That's the shortened version of my long nick. The link is in my signature below. Welcome to Singapore. I'm also a Yank who's been bouncing around SE Asia but based in Singapore for bit over a quarter of a century.

sms

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:25 pm

Hi Pakjohn and SMS,

Thank you for the help! I'll print the page as it is a very handy reference material, esp for the phone numbers!

Regards,

Moto