Attorney / agent fee for processing Employment Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 9:24 am

Attorney / agent fee for processing Employment Pass

Post by Spgbound » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 9:37 am

My company is considering to move me to Singapore from the US. Does anyone have ballpark fees what an attorney / agent would charge for processing the Employment Pass application?
I have read and understood the requirements and filing fees and do understand that I need a sponsor.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11650
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 6:04 pm

I can't imagine what you would need an attorney/agent for. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) "processes" the application and either accepts or rejects it.

The company, which must be a Singapore registered business entity (and now apparently a foreign company without a business registration in Singapore), is the entity that must file the employment pass application with MOM.

There are two basic parts to the application. The first is your personal information, work history, education, etc. You fill this out or supply same to your employer to fill it out.

The second part is the employer info... annual turnover, number of employees, description of the position for which an EP is requested, and why the local Singapore workforce cannot satisfy the need.

The company also agrees to all repatriation expenses, should you be a bad boy and get sent home. This is the 'sponsor' to which you refer.

From the MOM website:
For overseas employers (If your company is the local sponsor and not the direct employer of the EP applicant):

This would be applicable if the EP applicant's direct employer is an overseas company and does not have any registered office in Singapore.

1. Complete the EP application form; (For sponsorship cases only) and

- Refer to the List of Standard Occupation before you fill in the 'Occupation' field.

2. Submit the completed form and make administrative fee payment at any Singpost Post Office. Submission of application via EP Online is not allowed.
So why exactly do you want an attorney/agent?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests