Singapore Expats

Stretch marks?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
batgirl_cdn
Regular
Regular

Post by batgirl_cdn » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 7:21 pm

Unfortunately, your weight gain and genetics regarding skin elasticity play a huge role, no matter what cream you use. I'd say go with cocoa butter and forget about the expensive creams. All the expensive creams in the world won't do a thing if you gain tons of weight quickly and don't have skin elasticity to keep up with it.

kristyna

Post by kristyna » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 9:56 am

As batgirl said...Unfortunately, your weight gain and genetics regarding skin elasticity play a huge role, no matter what cream you use...

Yes, unfortunatelly this is what it is. I was using Vichy anti-stretch marks lotion, as couple of my friends had a good experience with it. My tummy was really smooth as babie's bum during the whole pregnancy :D However, I developed quite a few stretch marks just two days before the delivery!!! :evil:

alexhay

Post by alexhay » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 3:28 pm

hello, my wife uses aloe vera jelly + propolis cream. she's giving birth nex mth n until now i still can't spot any marks. :)

icy

Post by icy » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 4:43 pm

i use almond oil and avocado oil..really good for the skin coz they are very rich in vit E

mng222

Post by mng222 » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 5:57 pm

I had tried many creams and treatments included laser and body peeling, think coco butter and radio frequency treatment really helps but you have to start within 6 mths of the stretch marks form.

mountain

Post by mountain » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 2:17 am

Has anyone tried Trilastin to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy?
When would the stretch marks start to appear...in the 3rd trimester??

Thanks so much for everyone who has contributed. :D

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 2:58 am

mng222 wrote:I had tried many creams and treatments included laser and body peeling, think coco butter and radio frequency treatment really helps but you have to start within 6 mths of the stretch marks form.
mng22, can you suggest where to go for the radio frequency treatment and give an account of your experience? Thanks!

Using cocoa butter is good from the beginning. Its also all about keeping your skin moisturised. From what I've researched you should drink alot of water, it helps keep moisture in your skin and in turn keeps skin elasticity.

I've used cocoa butter in abundance from my 1st trimester till the last. It didnt work for me. I still ended up with lots of strechmarks and they all came in the last trimester which was only when my tummy really became big suddenly. Its not really a case of genetics on my side as most has either none or very little.

Dont waste your money on expensive creams. Palmer's cocoa butter or oil is enough. If they cant help you nothing else can.

Note that some creams like strivectin cannot be used by pregnant ladies, its for post-natal.

Baglovers

Post by Baglovers » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 2:26 pm

preventing is pretty easy with lots of cocoa butter involved..

but getting rid of the stretch mark that has already formed is the challenge...
www.charisasher.com - I love Charis Asher

unauthorised

Post by unauthorised » Thu, 01 Jan 2009 3:15 pm

try seaweed mud and jojoba oil. it will slightly reduce the appearance. total removal may not be possible. maybe you can try radio frequency, which which on the collagen beneath the skin.

try the national skin centre to enquire. don't trust beauty salons.

pills

Post by pills » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:57 pm

yes, vichy anti-stretch mark cream is good. they are having 20% right now until 7 jan i think. in guardian and watsons.

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Post by smayrhofer » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 9:43 am

CLARINS 'Huile Tonic' is great - I use it and I love it.

Of course, getting stretch marks is hereditary, and you can only mitigate the extent of the stretchmarks by moisturising, drinking LOTS of water, and controlling your rate of weight gain. If you're gonna get them, not much you can do about it!

I'm still crossing my fingers that I won't.

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 7:58 pm

Hey ladies,
I've just tried this product for a month ,and it works for me,maybe u can try it too!!
I have been gaining and losing weight these few months(like a balloon) and noticed some stretch marks on my thigh and legs...Hideous!!
Went to nearby pharmacy and this is the product that is recommend..
Its Beautain brand,Cold Gel..Firm and Slim..Cold Firming effect..Great for stretch marks..See the different right after couple of days of applying..Cost me about less than $50 for a bottle..Easily found in any Guardian Pharmacy..So far,i'm happy with the results!!Its fast..

BethAnderson

Re: Stretch marks?

Post by BethAnderson » Wed, 10 May 2017 7:21 pm

I used dermalmd stretch mark serum on my BA scars. It really helped smooth them out and prevent any stretch marks.

expatgal

Post by expatgal » Thu, 11 May 2017 12:58 pm

Palmers or biooil - think you can get both in Watsons or Guardian but it's way more expensive in Singapore

zanny23

Post by zanny23 » Wed, 17 May 2017 3:38 pm

Love the palmer's cocoa butter lotion! I use it for scars actually. But yeah, bio oil seems like a good choice also? Not too sure if it really works. I saw on FB that daily vanity is giving away free bio oil, can try to win a free one instead of buying??