Singapore Expats Forum

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ahappycamper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Postby ahappycamper » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:14 pm

Acnsc wrote:May i know which is the real Tokai website?

http://www.jujinclinic.com/index.html

http://tokaiclinic.com/clinic/default.asp

Both says they are Tokai clinic


The second one is te one being discussed on this thread.

jdj_sasha
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2007

Postby jdj_sasha » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 11:39 pm

what about laser treatment for freckles?.... any suggestions?
Last edited by jdj_sasha on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 7:25 am

both belong to dr pat

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Dec 2008

Re: Jaw reduction

Postby bbabymilo » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 7:59 pm

unsatisfiedcustomer wrote:Hi everyone,

I had jaw reduction and chin revision done at Tokai Clinic. Although the staff was very nice and attentive, I would not recommend Dr. Pat for jaw reduction surgery. He is very conservative and you will not notice much of a difference. Even if you bring in pictures and point out what you want your jaw to look like he will not give you what you want. He will agree and say he can give you what you want but in the end he does what he is comfortable with, therefore does not go out of his comfort zone for his patients. Another problem is that he does the very unpopular extraoral method which leaves 2 inches of thick ugly scars on both sides of your jaw. His price is what attracted me, but if I had known I would have paid the extra $400 USD and gone to a doctor that does intraoral method with better results. My concern before surgery was that the left side of my jaw was smaller and curved in more than my right. Dr. Pat promised that he could correct this with jaw reduction surgery, but the results clearly show he did not address this concern on the operating table. He only shaved off the corners of the jaw. I am very upset and unhappy with the results and am now saving for a jaw revision surgery in South Korea. The revision chin implant surgery was suppose to correct the asymmetry in my chin and make it less square and more oval/heart shaped, but sadly that did not happen. He promised he would shave any uneveness in my chin before placing the implant in. My chin looks exactly the same only now I have an unsightly 1 inch scar under my chin. I don't know why he even ask us to choose a chin we like from the piles of pictures he has in his office if he can't deliver what we want?! He is a very nice man, although his bedside manner could be better, but in the end I can't recommend him for jaw reduction surgery. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.


Thank you for sharing with us! ^^

This happened to me before with another surgeon. I can totally understand how you feel right now. :x

User avatar
leggybabe
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 05 Feb 2011

Postby leggybabe » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:32 pm

Dear All,

I just came back today after doing cheekbone reduction, double eyelid, rhino and chin implant with Dr Pat of Tokai clinic.
I had to combine all the procedures at one go due to my busy work schedule.

My honest sharing below:

Pre-operation
I was asked by dr pat to arrive at his clinic at 9am plus but i waited till almost 11am. More local people turned up while I waited. During consultation, it was less than 5 min.
I wanted to ask more questions on the cheekbone reduction, he explained he will just shave it off. Emails sent earlier regarding pre & post op care were not replied but what amazes me is that he printed out the email on the payment balance. He seems to rush me during that short consultation to clear the people waiting for him.
I was then asked to wait upstairs for him.
I waited almost 2 hours again and was handed a book filled with local models and actress to choose my type of nose and face.

It is 2pm when he finally has time for me.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Allan K. Chalmers

User avatar
leggybabe
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 05 Feb 2011

Postby leggybabe » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:02 pm

Pre-Op

Dr. Pat took my blood pressure and told me I can stay one night at the clinic. I wish he could have told me this earlier in my emails.
His nurses were nice especially Bee.
I chose a nose on a model which has a nice high bridge.

Actual Procedure
I was put under local A when Dr Pat is stitching my eyes and nose.
I woke up to see him forcing the implant into my nose. I speak audible enough for everyone to know I am awake and ask him to put me to sleep soon.
After he did my nose, I can feel and see him cut the incision under my chin for the chin implant. It's like a nightmare and I blacked out after that due to effect of GA.

When I woke up, it was past 9 pm and I was connected to a heart monitoring device and I was very weak. They put a oxygen mask to help me in my breathing. There is no doctor Pat in sight when I regain conscious.
Bee was hovering over me like a protective eagle. The feeling of waking up from GA is like I have jelly legs and everything was spinning.
My head was bandaged up like frankistine. Dr. Pat also rapture a small blood capillary when he stitch my eyelid causing blood to fill up the white area of my left eye, it is literally bloodshot and swollen.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Allan K. Chalmers

User avatar
leggybabe
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 05 Feb 2011

Postby leggybabe » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:37 pm

Post Operation
As everyone else, my swelling is at maximum on Day 2 and Day 3.
The hotel I stayed is family run and I am grateful for their genuine care. They prepared porridge and send it to my room every morning and gave me the privacy I needed during the crucial healing period. I took sineech faithfully and must say it really works for me. 70percent of the bruise faded off on day 4. Sineech is really good. However for my left eye, it seems there are more internal bleeding which I am really concerned as the build up pressure in the eye may cause blindness.
I went back to Dr Pat to let him see the eye and the feeling I received is like he is brushing me off by saying' that's ok, no problem!' he gave me more medication without any explanation.

Thanks to the previous sharing by many people who has gone thru the knife, I manage my post operation well. I am grateful for many people who shared as there were little support from dr. Pat.
It seems his favorite words are 'No problem' even when there are complications on the left eye. Bee was the one who insisted Dr Pat to take a second look at my bloodshot eye.

Today is day 11 and I removed my stitches yesterday.
I told Dr Pat that I dont like my nose, the bridge is not defined and is definately different from the one I chose.
However, he insisted it is nice. I gave up talking.

I am not too sure how to post pictures here but if u guys like to see the photos, can drop me an email at my.genesis.revelation@hotmail.com

Based on objective point of view, below is my rating for Dr Pat.

Pre-op support: 2/5
Cleanliness of clinic: 5/5
Nurses: 4/5
Post-op support: 1/5
Effect on facial enhancement: 3/5 ( I must stress that he do according to what he like, not what patients requested)
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Allan K. Chalmers

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Postby ahappycamper » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 3:03 pm

leggybabe wrote:Post Operation
As everyone else, my swelling is at maximum on Day 2 and Day 3.
The hotel I stayed is family run and I am grateful for their genuine care. They prepared porridge and send it to my room every morning and gave me the privacy I needed during the crucial healing period. I took sineech faithfully and must say it really works for me. 70percent of the bruise faded off on day 4. Sineech is really good. However for my left eye, it seems there are more internal bleeding which I am really concerned as the build up pressure in the eye may cause blindness.
I went back to Dr Pat to let him see the eye and the feeling I received is like he is brushing me off by saying' that's ok, no problem!' he gave me more medication without any explanation.

Thanks to the previous sharing by many people who has gone thru the knife, I manage my post operation well. I am grateful for many people who shared as there were little support from dr. Pat.
It seems his favorite words are 'No problem' even when there are complications on the left eye. Bee was the one who insisted Dr Pat to take a second look at my bloodshot eye.

Today is day 11 and I removed my stitches yesterday.
I told Dr Pat that I dont like my nose, the bridge is not defined and is definately different from the one I chose.
However, he insisted it is nice. I gave up talking.

I am not too sure how to post pictures here but if u guys like to see the photos, can drop me an email at my.genesis.revelation@hotmail.com

Based on objective point of view, below is my rating for Dr Pat.

Pre-op support: 2/5
Cleanliness of clinic: 5/5
Nurses: 4/5
Post-op support: 1/5
Effect on facial enhancement: 3/5 ( I must stress that he do according to what he like, not what patients requested)


leggybabe, sorry to hear your experience with Pat was not the greatest. How are you doing now, any change of sentiments or do you feel the same way? Wishing you the best.

johanxxxx
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 09 May 2007
Location: kl

Postby johanxxxx » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 7:01 pm

hi leggybabe

how much did u pay for ur rhino and double eye-lid with epi?

i would like to see ur pics, can i give u my email address?

thanks

p/s....a happy and speedy recovery

User avatar
leggybabe
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 05 Feb 2011

Postby leggybabe » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:17 pm

Hey John,

Sure, let me have ur email add so that I can send u the photos.

U planning to do rhino and eyes too?
Dr Pat charged me according to the price he listed on his clinic's website.
He is a nice guy la, just that maybe he's too cool for my taste.

I requested for him to do epi but he advise that there might be scarring, so in the end he did my double eyelid thru stitching method and he sew the inner corner which has a similar effect to epi.

I am still recovering, will be glad to send u the pic once it deswell ;)
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Allan K. Chalmers

johanxxxx
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 09 May 2007
Location: kl

Postby johanxxxx » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:15 am

leggybabe wrote:Hey John,

Sure, let me have ur email add so that I can send u the photos.

U planning to do rhino and eyes too?
Dr Pat charged me according to the price he listed on his clinic's website.
He is a nice guy la, just that maybe he's too cool for my taste.

I requested for him to do epi but he advise that there might be scarring, so in the end he did my double eyelid thru stitching method and he sew the inner corner which has a similar effect to epi.

I am still recovering, will be glad to send u the pic once it deswell ;)


Hi Sunshine,

thanks for your prompt reply. btw, my name is Johan.

yeah, i am planning to get my eyes and nose fixed. i dunno which doctor to choose as i need to save some $$$ also.

have u heard of http://www.bbbeautycenter.com/ ? they seem pretty good. a thai friend recommended me
http://www.somchaiclinic.com/

does Dr Pat perform lateral canthoplasty?

you may email me at hotassian_69@yahoo.com

look forward to receiving your pretty pics soon

johanxxxx
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 09 May 2007
Location: kl

Postby johanxxxx » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 2:32 am

johanxxxx wrote:
leggybabe wrote:Hey John,

Sure, let me have ur email add so that I can send u the photos.

U planning to do rhino and eyes too?
Dr Pat charged me according to the price he listed on his clinic's website.
He is a nice guy la, just that maybe he's too cool for my taste.

I requested for him to do epi but he advise that there might be scarring, so in the end he did my double eyelid thru stitching method and he sew the inner corner which has a similar effect to epi.

I am still recovering, will be glad to send u the pic once it deswell ;)


Hi Sunshine,

thanks for your prompt reply. btw, my name is Johan.

yeah, i am planning to get my eyes and nose fixed. i dunno which doctor to choose as i need to save some $$$ also.

have u heard of http://www.bbbeautycenter.com/ ? they seem pretty good. a thai friend recommended me
http://www.somchaiclinic.com/

does Dr Pat perform lateral canthoplasty?

you may email me at hotassian_69@yahoo.com

look forward to receiving your pretty pics soon




hi again

have u sent me your pics?

regards

promiseddd
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 10 Mar 2011

Postby promiseddd » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 5:23 pm

Hi !!

Anyone gooing to tokai next month? I'm getting cheek implants and jaw augmentation. Can I ask if anyone has done either of the surgeries and how bad the bruising is? I don't want any trouble passing immigrations. Has anyone had any problems at the airports?

promiseddd
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 10 Mar 2011

Postby promiseddd » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 5:24 pm

and also - will anyone be in bangkok from the 10th - 19th of may? thanks! maybe can share cost :D

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Postby ahappycamper » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 7:07 am

promiseddd wrote:Hi !!

Anyone gooing to tokai next month? I'm getting cheek implants and jaw augmentation. Can I ask if anyone has done either of the surgeries and how bad the bruising is? I don't want any trouble passing immigrations. Has anyone had any problems at the airports?


The swelling for cheek implants is really really bad. I had cheek implants(malar) and tear troughs on the 16th of March, and I am still swollen enough for my parents to tell. I guess people who don't know me would not think I'm swollen but I'm sure they would think that I had cheeks that were way too large. The swelling for cheeks is pretty much the whole middle part of your face, your eyes will look squinty because the swelling is pushing up your lower eyelids and your nose will look insanely piggy. Even to this day my nose and nostrils feel really really numb and sometimes I think I have snot coming out of my nose even though there isn't any. Upper lip from the intraoral incision is still numb. Be prepared for a wretched recovery time, and that's ONLY the cheek implants.
Because.....

I heard the swelilng for jaw implants is much worse than cheek implants. If I were you, I would not "rush" getting back home because chances are you will look like a freak for quite a while, unless of course you are okay with looking like a freak at the airport. I went home at about the 2.5 week of my cheek implants and while I did have visible swelling to myself, nobody gave me trouble.

Bruising for me was not such an issue. Biggest problems I Had were with the swelling.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests