Singapore Expats Forum
 

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
baybiblu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:15 am

Post by baybiblu » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 8:19 am

ukorientalgirl wrote:
baybiblu wrote:Hi everyone. I consulted Dr. Pat a few months ago and he told me that my nose has a slight deviation and bends slightly to the right. He told me that he'll be able to straighten the nose bridge for about US$1000 which is only a fraction of the price that the other doctors quoted me.

May I know if anyone has done this procedure with him before and how was the outcome? Upon asking him, he told me that he's not an ENT and not an American & Thai board certified plastic surgeon either and it worries me a little in that aspect.

So far, the photos that Dr. Pat showed me of his nose work are of those who are modifying their nose tip and those who have a curve nose (have a hump on the nose) and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately it's not the nose surgery which he suggested to me.

Thanks in advance :)
Can I ask what the pictures he showed you were like. Were there many alar cases? My main concern is my nostrils and tip, would you say hes quite conservative?

tia
x
I'm not sure which specific nose procedures the patients in the pictures underwent as he only told me that those were patients who had nose surgery done. Actually, he showed me photos of 5-6 patients only and said that he has more photos of other patients but hasn't had the time to sort them out yet.

I wouldn't consider Dr. Pat to be conservative based on what I've seen from the pictures. I could definitely see marked improvements in the patient's nose.
Why do I have to be the ugly duckling???

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:14 pm

Post by boii18 » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 8:37 am


ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 9:30 pm

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 8:26 pm

baybiblu wrote:
ukorientalgirl wrote:
baybiblu wrote:Hi everyone. I consulted Dr. Pat a few months ago and he told me that my nose has a slight deviation and bends slightly to the right. He told me that he'll be able to straighten the nose bridge for about US$1000 which is only a fraction of the price that the other doctors quoted me.

May I know if anyone has done this procedure with him before and how was the outcome? Upon asking him, he told me that he's not an ENT and not an American & Thai board certified plastic surgeon either and it worries me a little in that aspect.

So far, the photos that Dr. Pat showed me of his nose work are of those who are modifying their nose tip and those who have a curve nose (have a hump on the nose) and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately it's not the nose surgery which he suggested to me.

Thanks in advance :)
Can I ask what the pictures he showed you were like. Were there many alar cases? My main concern is my nostrils and tip, would you say hes quite conservative?

tia
x
I'm not sure which specific nose procedures the patients in the pictures underwent as he only told me that those were patients who had nose surgery done. Actually, he showed me photos of 5-6 patients only and said that he has more photos of other patients but hasn't had the time to sort them out yet.

I wouldn't consider Dr. Pat to be conservative based on what I've seen from the pictures. I could definitely see marked improvements in the patient's nose.
Thats good stuff then :) I actually want changes to be made if I was to have my nose done. Dr poomee who is meant to be known for noses said he couldnt help me, dont know whether because he thought my nose was so bad/complicated that he couldnt help or whether there was no point changing it.....who knows, but i know for sure my nose aint nice!

x

mondayhue
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 3:14 pm

Post by mondayhue » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 11:53 pm

boii18 wrote:
walkthewalk wrote:Hi Boii 18. Thanks for your reply so helpful.. Also the reply you gave to natashanovik was a great in-sight to Dr Pat his staff and surgery it gives me a true great feel for the clinic and Dr Pat..

Best wishs to all for 2009
Np, i wouldnt say that dr pat is good for all surgeries but i do know for a fact that he is good in nose, chin, chin implant, lip lift, lip reduction. i also heard great story on cozycot about his liposuction being good on arms and tummy area, and i think aadvark can vouch for his lipo skills too. quite afew forumers also did nose with him but i have lost contact with them. my friend is going for a BA there and i think hes good at it since i always see thai girl go in for BA at tokai. bone shaving surgeries are relatively more major and i dont think he has alot of exp. he has however done 30 cases of jaw surgery he told me
hi boi18,
in this case wld u reccomend dr.pat for jaw shaving surgery?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:14 pm

Post by boii18 » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 1:17 am

mondayhue wrote:
boii18 wrote:
walkthewalk wrote:Hi Boii 18. Thanks for your reply so helpful.. Also the reply you gave to natashanovik was a great in-sight to Dr Pat his staff and surgery it gives me a true great feel for the clinic and Dr Pat..

Best wishs to all for 2009
Np, i wouldnt say that dr pat is good for all surgeries but i do know for a fact that he is good in nose, chin, chin implant, lip lift, lip reduction. i also heard great story on cozycot about his liposuction being good on arms and tummy area, and i think aadvark can vouch for his lipo skills too. quite afew forumers also did nose with him but i have lost contact with them. my friend is going for a BA there and i think hes good at it since i always see thai girl go in for BA at tokai. bone shaving surgeries are relatively more major and i dont think he has alot of exp. he has however done 30 cases of jaw surgery he told me
hi boi18,
in this case wld u reccomend dr.pat for jaw shaving surgery?
i wouldnt think thats his speciality

stickyjack
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:16 pm

Tokai for reshaping nose

Post by stickyjack » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:42 am

I am probably going to Toaki after reading all the posts here. I have emailed Dr PAt and he's answered quickly. I'm going to reduction and possible tipplasty.

The webiste says $1000 ( US), and the original quote from Tokai did too ( hI got an email from the co-ordinator), even when I'd sent them a photo.
But now he just emailed saying it was $1200 for a reduction.
Is this farang price?
It couldn't be!, but I don't know why it would be different.

walkthewalk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 5:23 am
Location: UK

Post by walkthewalk » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 6:53 am

Hi stickyjack.. Hope all goes well for you, best of luck.
Regards the price inform her she has made a clerical error by mistake, as you were quoted $1000. Explain that is all your budget is and im sure she will come to the party...Fingers crossed
Its better to have a little bit of something than a whole lot of nothing!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 4:39 am
Location: Singapore

Post by aadvark » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:11 am

walkthewalk wrote:Hi stickyjack.. Hope all goes well for you, best of luck.
Regards the price inform her she has made a clerical error by mistake, as you were quoted $1000. Explain that is all your budget is and im sure she will come to the party...Fingers crossed
yes, insist that it's $1000 on the site. dr pat's a prices are a bit erm, elastic... which could be bad or good. If you do more, you are able to bargain as well
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

stickyjack
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:16 pm

nose dressing

Post by stickyjack » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 2:22 pm

http://www.thefaceandskincenter.com/ima ... essing.jpg

does Tokai use something like this?
I'm going alone and don't want to be edging out onto the street looking like a rhino freddy kruger!.

Thanks forthe advice Aardavark and walkthewalk, I will be firm with them..

evermine07
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 7:11 am
Location: singapore

tokai clinic

Post by evermine07 » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 5:17 pm

Hi, can some one give me some info on tokai, i am going end of Jan for some lipo, brow lift etc.. any information on the services, accomodation will be appreciated, doing it the first time and going alone.. a bit nervous..

if anyone going around 26th Jan it would be great to catch up..

doveybuzz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 6:01 am

Post by doveybuzz » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 6:59 pm

Hi all,

its my 3rd day after surgery at TOKAI CLINIC with Dr.Pat.

i did Rhinoplasty and Dr.Pat did a little tip-plasty as well.
he charged me 800USD for everything.

The operation.
i woke up 20mins before it ended, i could feel what they were doing but was wayyy too drowsy to be shocked and all.

*just remember to ask Dr.Pat to let you sleep longer*

After-Op
I rested for about an hour before i left. my mom was with me so i was fine.
one thing though, i didnt have the splint or cast over me.

i'm really worried about shifting of the implants now.

Day 3
went for check up today. Dr.Pat says everything is ok
but since i'm leaving tomorrow, if the implants shift sent a picture to him or adjust it myself.

Service
As everyone who went to Tokai has said the NURSES are WONDERFUL ^_^.
Na, Pom, Bee, Nid are just soo sweet.
you'll feel just at home with these few girls around ^_^


I will post up pictures when the swelling is better ^_^.

HELP NEEDED:
IF my implants shift before day 10. which doctor should i go to in Singapore to get it back in place before it totally sets and is fixated on my nose?

mondayhue
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 3:14 pm

Post by mondayhue » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 7:12 pm

I just came across cleanliness issue in Thailand. Is TOkAI reliable? Esp if you are having surgery which requires you to be under GA which means you will be totally unconscious of the needles they use... and so on...

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 9:30 pm

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 9:05 pm

hey doveybuzz,

hope everything went well! Did you also get alar done?! looking forward to seeing your pictures!

x

stickyjack
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:16 pm

got reply about pricing

Post by stickyjack » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:53 pm

got the reply again from Dr pat.
He said" you have a big nose".

thanks!
I know that already. He explained I'd need a bigger surgery, nose break, tka eout bone etc, under GA not locla that is why it's 1200. He also said my alar was fine ( which I know) and the tip didn't need doing, so I'm happy he seems to be realsitic and not just money grabbing.

But what if you get the bridge done ( mine is to be rediced), doesn't the tip look bigger then? I can't tell.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 4:39 am
Location: Singapore

Post by aadvark » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:03 pm

mondayhue wrote:I just came across cleanliness issue in Thailand. Is TOkAI reliable? Esp if you are having surgery which requires you to be under GA which means you will be totally unconscious of the needles they use... and so on...
LOL, it looks clean to me, but i really wouldn't know how clean the needles are, since I was under sedation/GA. I'm still healthy now tho :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests