Singapore Expats

MAS Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cythx
Chatter
Chatter

MAS Cabin Crew

Post by cythx » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 9:55 pm

Hi, do anyone here know about the pay for MAS? how is their calculation and all the info? I got selected to go for medical but worried the pay is too low... :?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:35 pm

im confused. you were selected for the medical check up but you still didnt know hw much is the salary like?? weird :roll:
LIFE ON EARTH IS TEMPORARY, AND DEATH IS A CERTAIN REALITY

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:42 pm

They mention is around RM2k plus but some said 3k plus...
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:35 pm

cythx wrote:They mention is around RM2k plus but some said 3k plus...
ahh maybe the 3k one for those who have been working there abit longer.
LIFE ON EARTH IS TEMPORARY, AND DEATH IS A CERTAIN REALITY

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:15 am

That is abit too low... Nvm... Will see how then. Thanks for your info :)

ready123

Post by ready123 » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:43 am

I do not know any FA, moreoever one working with MAS. I'm curious too how it's calculated exactly but to avail, I couldn't get any a firm information on this. I was informed that the monthly basic is RM1018, and the salary inclusive allowance WOULD range from RM2000 - RM3000 (for maybe the first two years).

I found a lot of posts asking how they could go through the interviews, and I'm glad that I found this forum that provides ample information and real stories. However, I find it real hard to find convincing information regarding MAS on forums. I start to question, is salary information confidential, or if MAS FA do not visit forums? Why is it so hard to get an affirmative answer on how MAS FA salary is calculated?

Maybe I've not done my research well enough, but I'm really disappointed ... one would definitely be concerned about their salary before accepting an offer and if salary is confidential in every lines, how do you convince one to join your company?

i'm still curious about how exactly the salary is calculated, beside from the general information like, basic (RM1k) + allowance... maybe concrete information like, allowance = flight hour + hotel allowance , flight hour*minimum flighing hour per month + basic = salary ... thingy like that, if it exists?

:(

fong0131

Post by fong0131 » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:23 pm

i have a friend who used to work with MAS. he already resigned. he said the salary approx 3k-5k if you always serve international flight. it is not fix, and depend on your flight.international flight is higher than domestic flight.that is all i got.there is a recruitment in MAS,who is intrested can check MAS's website.I hope i can fly too!

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 8:09 am

The recruitment for MAS is finish. If you still interested, you may wait till after Raya. They will conduct one open day for it. Hope this info helps! :wink:
fong0131 wrote:i have a friend who used to work with MAS. he already resigned. he said the salary approx 3k-5k if you always serve international flight. it is not fix, and depend on your flight.international flight is higher than domestic flight.that is all i got.there is a recruitment in MAS,who is intrested can check MAS's website.I hope i can fly too!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:03 am

Ohh..MAS is gonna have an open day?...R they in need of crew so much now like SIA...

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 3:45 pm

They need lots of crew now. They said not so soon. You just check on the newspaper "The Star".
calvink wrote:Ohh..MAS is gonna have an open day?...R they in need of crew so much now like SIA...

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 11 Oct 2008 6:05 pm

For the first time in 5 years or more, MAS finally conduct an open recruitment separated for both steward and stewardess on two days 18th and 19th @ MAS academy Kelana Jaya.

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by stewardwannabe » Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:12 pm

calvink wrote:For the first time in 5 years or more, MAS finally conduct an open recruitment separated for both steward and stewardess on two days 18th and 19th @ MAS academy Kelana Jaya.
cool.. where was their advertisment or in their website?
SW

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:22 pm

hi.. i saw on the star recruitment ads today

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 4:43 pm

Good Luck for those who are going!!! I'm still waiting for my medical result. There is no news from them after the medical check up until now.

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 8:23 pm

i wanna try for MAS also.. but the interview is not conducted in Sg? based in My?
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~