Singapore Expats Forum

Subcontractors Problem

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

pongtch

Subcontractors Problem

Postby pongtch » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:17 pm

I was wondering if anyone know how we can complaint on this matter:-
Recently, I got my aircon for serving. Then, the servicemen told us that the water pipe is not link to the toilet. We would face complaint from our neighbours if the problem is not dissolved.
Now, we have managed to contact the Salesman who was responsible of the initial renovation work. He claims that he will get the sub-contractor who did this work to call us. However, when we call this Salesman, he would tell us that he is still contacting the subcontractor and will tell us that he will get him to call us tomorrow.
Our air-con has been installed for 2 years plus and we don't always switch on the aircon. Not even once a month. Hence, we were not aware of this matter till now.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:49 pm

Good luck. :roll:

pongtch

Not solved

Postby pongtch » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:58 pm

I would appreciate it if anyone can give me an advice on my post and thanks for the 'Good Luck' too.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:40 pm

get a second opinion. and... good luck. :wink:

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Postby mondaymorningquarterback » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:36 am

Where is the condensation pipe linked to?

albertjames

How to select Subcontractors

Postby albertjames » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:50 am

What you need to Know: The fundamentals of construction are similar to the everyday activities of many other businesses. In construction, you have all the tasks as in most businesses, such as documentation, communication, contracts, purchasing material, managing people, etc. As in any business, the success of the construction project is only as good as management and the people actually doing the work. One of the major fundamentals is being able to choose quality subcontractors.
--------------
albertjames
impression marketing

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Postby phil30k » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:17 am

I'm not sure if your english is getting in the way but basically you don't go after the subcontractor. You go after the main contractor, the guy that you paid to get the work done.

However there is no legal prohibition against installing an airconditioner that drips onto the ground outside (unless you live in a HDB flat). condominiums may have by-laws against doing that but if you did not tell your contractor, he's not responsible.

Look at it another way, you saved some money from not installing a condensate pipe that goes back into the apartment. Now you have to spend it to get that done. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:37 am

I think all of you are missing one vital important fact noted in the original post. It's been two years since the work was done.

As I said, Good Luck.