Singapore Expats Forum

Addicted to FNDC?

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
swedie

Addicted to FNDC?

Postby swedie » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 4:34 pm

The news that the FNDC is out of commission this Friday, sent Lorna and me into a bit of a depression. After we cured it with a few bottles of wine we decided that we would not stand for it! We're meeting up somewhere to join the F1 party, and would of course love company!
So, those of you who don't have plans for Friday, how about it?
Since we'd never want to compete with the excellence of Queen Tessa, we'll call it the Wannabe FNDC…

As for the venue, I may need a little help there, but I guess all the action's gonna be down at Clark Quay?
It could also be a good time for all of you who I owe drinks/cab fare/apologies :lol: , to cash in. I have a strange feeling that I should bring a lot of money.. and brush up on my smooth talk.
/Eva
Lettuce is not food, lettuce is what food eat.

Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

About tis FRI......26SEPT08

Postby Minkcoat » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:03 pm

Haha! Eva [-X ....looks like U've been bitten by d FNDC Bug? or shud I say stung by Queen Bee's FRI Nite Fever effect!! :devil: :twisted:

Poor Lorna missed her 0700hrs Mumbai Flight next morning :roll: & as punishment had to wait till 1900hrs next available Flt out!

Do enjoy - cya next FRI tho, take care :wink:

Tessa xoxo
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

swedie

Postby swedie » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 9:43 am

Oh, poor thing. I hope she won't be grounded on Friday...

amui
Regular
Regular

Postby amui » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:10 pm

Eva,

I dont have any plan so I plan to join you. Might bring some friends as well. Will let you knw later okay? :)

swedie

Postby swedie » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:34 pm

Excellent!

I don't think I'll make reservations or anything like that, so everyone can just show up if they want to (once we decided :wink: )

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 7:51 pm

Hello

I would like to join you guys as well this week. CQ is a good venue as well. Any ideas on location yet?

HB

Postby HB » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:06 pm

any space for newbies?
well not really newbies, but people who havent been to an FNDC in a loooong looong time...

fishface

Sounds good.... but flying out

Postby fishface » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:15 am

Would love to join you, but afraid I will be flying out on Friday morning. It looks like I will be here permenantly from Jan and will probably be popping over before hand...

Anyhow, I am sure you guys will have a great time
Rebecca

swedie

Postby swedie » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:59 am

HB:
Everybody welcome of course!

I've been here for a whopping two weeks and a day myself... :wink:

/eva

swedie

Postby swedie » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:15 am

...and therefore I'm totally lost when it comes to venues.

I've looked around but have no idea which places that are good, so suggestions are very welcome!

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:40 am

A good place to meet in CQ (and one we've done FNDC at a couple of times) is Crazy Elephant. It's easy to find - just a couple of doors down from the Reverse Bungee - with indoors and outdoors areas. Outdoors is usually the best as it can get quite crowded inside. The house band is really good, playing blues rock, and comes on at 10pm (again, best to be outside if you're trying to have conversations).

Next door and upstairs to Crazy E is Beige/China One. This is often an after-FNDC venue as it doesn't really kick off 'til midnight. Again, the house band here is quite good, but it can get very crowded and drink prices/service are not the best. China One is where the band plays, Beige is attached with the pool tables and is a bit quieter and where we usually hang out.

My suggestion would be Crazy Elephant and maybe Beige afterwards if still partying (the tried-and-tested FNDC Combo). Remember, CQ is always crowded on the weekends and with F1 in town it will be even more so, however, the F1 crowd might not appear until after the 2nd practice session, around 11ish. Good luck. I might pop in a bit later, but then I might not be able to hear!
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

swedie

Postby swedie » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:36 am

Many, many thanks morton!
Crazy Elephant it is! Let's stick to 8 pm shall we?

I'll try to check and see if we can get our own corner, otherwise we'll simply hang out at the bar.

(I'm pretty sure that I went to Beige on Saturday, thanks for that Zahir! Great fun and yes a very good house band)

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:38 am

Thanks Eva for taking the initiative. I was a bit dipressed too, as I planned to be out this friday, after missing the last one @ Timbre.

Crazy Elephant / China One is a good combo if within CQ.

HB

Postby HB » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 1:36 pm

i love China One! i'm there nearly every weekend.
was hoping to venture further afield with the FNDC, but yea crazy elephant to chat followed by C1 is a good combo.

McCharge

Postby McCharge » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 1:36 pm

All sounds very good...

I've been in Singapore for a week now and have yet to sample the nightlife properly... i reckon this could be a good starting point!!!!

Nice one!

Luke