Singapore Expats Forum

jogging, walking, running group

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vanda11

running at east coast

Postby vanda11 » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:05 am

Hi, anybody running at east coast park or training for SC marathon in Dec 08.

green_field

Re: running at east coast

Postby green_field » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:16 pm

vanda11 wrote:Hi, anybody running at east coast park or training for SC marathon in Dec 08.

which distance u going???

vanda11

training

Postby vanda11 » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 1:38 pm

well, have not been running long distance for a long time so plan to run more than 15km, probably 20 or 21 km.

I will be able to run next weekend. This sun is Real Run so cannot run long distance on Sat.

Mornings are better for long distances.

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 9:12 pm

any one interested in walk this sunday morning, please pm me : )

Bobo3012

Postby Bobo3012 » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:22 pm

Jogging club. Count me in. Haha. I was involved in the 10km Run for Hope. M getting ready for the 10km New Balance Run tomorrow. Hope I don't have to get a trolley mid-way. Haha. ;P
Live and relish in the very profound moment.

pixfirewall
Regular
Regular

Postby pixfirewall » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:10 am

Bobo3012 wrote:Jogging club. Count me in. Haha. I was involved in the 10km Run for Hope. M getting ready for the 10km New Balance Run tomorrow. Hope I don't have to get a trolley mid-way. Haha. ;P

Hi ..I just finished my 10km New Balance Run and its really simmering heat and fried hot sun..i don't mind the trail..but the sun was terrible..
I finished 59mins 36secs (self-timed). How about you?

Have you registered for the Standared Chartered Run? Or anybody here has joined the marathon this coming December?

We could organize once weekend and we could start a training run which I proposed from East Coast Part all the way to park connection to Changi Beach Park which is around 21Km. Any joiners?
pixfirewall
IM & email: dccruzjr@msn.com

Bobo3012

Postby Bobo3012 » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 2:10 pm

Hey,

Good job! 59 mins 36 seconds!!! An amazing record!!! Congrats!!!

I didn't jog all the way much as I wanted to initially. The trails were very unconventional compared to my regular routes. I was very worn out after the intial 5km on the mud-slinging route- very lousy. Yes, for sure, I felt all the Ds. Deep-fried, dehydrated and drained!!! Haha. ;P

My record was 1 hour 35 minutes. Haha.

Yeah, I am all for the next run if you organise one. Early in the morning or late evening will be perfect!!!

I have missed the registration for the Standard Chartered Run.

For sure, I will look out for more runs and register in time. Haha. ;PPP

pixfirewall wrote:
Bobo3012 wrote:Jogging club. Count me in. Haha. I was involved in the 10km Run for Hope. M getting ready for the 10km New Balance Run tomorrow. Hope I don't have to get a trolley mid-way. Haha. ;P

Hi ..I just finished my 10km New Balance Run and its really simmering heat and fried hot sun..i don't mind the trail..but the sun was terrible..
I finished 59mins 36secs (self-timed). How about you?

Have you registered for the Standared Chartered Run? Or anybody here has joined the marathon this coming December?

We could organize once weekend and we could start a training run which I proposed from East Coast Part all the way to park connection to Changi Beach Park which is around 21Km. Any joiners?

vanda11

Real Run

Postby vanda11 » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 4:11 pm

I also completed my second yr 15KM Real Run yest. Had not trained much and that too under the scroaching heat.

I cannot take heat so was burning during the run. I took 1hr & 43mints. Not a good timing tough but satisfied i completed it.

Ya, i have signed for marathom in Dec, have not been training too much, but after the festive season will try my best to do long distance.

Hopefully can run with all those intrested. mornings is the best time as run is in the morning so shd get used to the timing.

Bobo3012

Re: Real Run

Postby Bobo3012 » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 8:28 pm

Fantastic results!!! Congrats!!!

1hour 43mins is simply amazing. You must be very determined. The burning heat plus the tough terrains had certainly made the run nothing more but the REAL run. Good job!!!

Sounds really great to have a regular running session.

Perhaps, we could organise a monthly long distance run every month. As early as 7am perhaps. Maybe along East Coast, Sentosa or Mount Faber. With a bunch of enthusiastic runners, one will sure be far motivated. :)

vanda11 wrote:I also completed my second yr 15KM Real Run yest. Had not trained much and that too under the scroaching heat.

I cannot take heat so was burning during the run. I took 1hr & 43mints. Not a good timing tough but satisfied i completed it.

Ya, i have signed for marathom in Dec, have not been training too much, but after the festive season will try my best to do long distance.

Hopefully can run with all those intrested. mornings is the best time as run is in the morning so shd get used to the timing.

chi_grl

Re: jogging, walking, running group

Postby chi_grl » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:56 pm

jm83au wrote:Hi

I love to walk, run, jog around after work in evenings or weekend.

Anyone interested in going for jog/walk after work - i live in novena?

Also, anyone know any running/walking or jogging groups?

Thanks
(BTW - am aussie female, 24)

I'm signed up for a half marathon in December and desperately need to start running seriously. I would love to jog with someone. I'm 23 f so PM me or something if anyone would like to get together.

vanda11

hi

Postby vanda11 » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:55 am

You can actually join sg runners who train very often.

register urself at http://sgrunners.com/ . They have a lot of trg sessions.

Bobo3012

Re: hi

Postby Bobo3012 » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for the Link Vanda111. ;)

I have just registered with them via Facebook. :)

Would you be going for their Banana Relay Run?
Sounds very comical and fun. Haha.

:)

vanda11 wrote:You can actually join sg runners who train very often.

register urself at http://sgrunners.com/ . They have a lot of trg sessions.

rachinsing

Postby rachinsing » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Jm83au,

I am also an aussie girl (23) living in novena. I'm desperately needing some exercise so would love to go walking/jogging with you. Give me a shout at thisjunkaddy@hotmail.com if you're interested or pm me (although admittedly, i haven't used this feature yet so there's a chance i won't get it).

green_field

Postby green_field » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 4:34 pm

Next coming Mon is a public holiday. Anyone keen to go ECP for a long run, let's say 32-34km?? :)

We can start early at 6:30am or 7am

vanda11

hi

Postby vanda11 » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 2:00 pm

sg runners will be training this Sat at ECP. Playground @ Big Splash.

distance covered is 32Km-35KM. starting at 6.30 am i think.

most likely will try to join them this Sat as though will run less distance. may be around 22KM.

those intrested pls join in. All r welcome.