Singapore Expats Forum

jogging, walking, running group

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jm83au

jogging, walking, running group

Postby jm83au » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 2:27 pm

Hi

I love to walk, run, jog around after work in evenings or weekend.

Anyone interested in going for jog/walk after work - i live in novena?

Also, anyone know any running/walking or jogging groups?

Thanks
(BTW - am aussie female, 24)

Renewed
Regular
Regular

Jogging...

Postby Renewed » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 5:27 pm

Hey,

Another friend of mine suggested we jog regularly on the parks in Singapore. We mad plans but never executed. But I thought it is a very good idea. Especially parks near the beaches !!!

If we make some plans, I'll inform her about this as well and see if we could gather people

green_field

Re: jogging, walking, running group

Postby green_field » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 9:30 pm

jm83au wrote:Hi

I love to walk, run, jog around after work in evenings or weekend.

Anyone interested in going for jog/walk after work - i live in novena?

Also, anyone know any running/walking or jogging groups?

Thanks
(BTW - am aussie female, 24)

hi,

you could join the I-run organized by Singapore Health Promotion board every tues and thurs at River Promenade at 6:30pm.

Distance 3-5-7-10km. They provide 100 plus and water after the run.
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=3113

Or, you can join the run at Running Lab every tues at Running Lab branch at Novena square. Distance 10km. For thurs, you could join their run at Funan branch.

If you need more information, feel free to pm me.

Quite a lot of expats join the runs.

JP2201

Running/Jogging groups.

Postby JP2201 » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 4:38 pm

Hi everyone.
Just saw this forum item and thought I'd contribute some ideas.

1. The i-Run is great. Every Tuesday and Thursday nights at about 645pm. An initiative started by the Singapore Government. The run at Boat Quay is co-ordinated by volunteers from SGRunners running portal (www.sgrunners.com). Options are 3,5 & 7km in a friendly environment.
As mentioned, a free water or 100plus at the finish (and they record your times).

2. Running Labs - a more serious running group and tends to have cliques within the group. Faster paced and not as friendly.

3. MR25 is a running group that focuses on the Macritchie Reservoir area and also do track work in Bukit Timah (at CCAB near Botanic Gardens)

4. As an alternative, I have created a 'meetup' for joggers/runners online. It's still in it's infancy but I hope it will grow. The website for meetups is "http://running.meetup.com/343". My wife is just starting with running so I'm using this to encourage her in her endeavours. I hope to make it a social group with small recovery sessions afterwards (but not too boozy). Joining is free and you can pick and choose which sessions you want to join. I will include the i-Runs in some of the sessions. Have a look.

I generally run early in the morning but am arranging these meetups in the evenings for those looking for a social group (ideas, running routes are appreciated).
Kaizen = continual process of improvement.

Reply or join meetups if interestes.

I hope this helps.

Renewed
Regular
Regular

Thanks

Postby Renewed » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 5:12 pm

This was a nice summary of all the running options available. Thank you very much for this. As I mentioned I'm looking for a regular group to jog and I'm going to experiment with joining your group(Meetup). The reason being that it is not as anchored as that of the i-run and not fast paced as that of the running labs.

See you soon then

JP2201

Running groups

Postby JP2201 » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 5:45 pm

Great!!
Hope to see you out there soon'ish.

i-Run is cancelled for this week due to road closures/restrictions around Boat Quay and Marina Bay for the F1 this weekend. We're running at Great World City (River Valley) tomorrow night, and Botanic Gardens on Thursday night.

No runs this weekend are planned.

Next week we'll do the i-run on Tuesday and maybe Mt Faber on Thursday night (to include Henderson Wave).

Next weekend is the "Run for Hope" 10km event and the TNF100 (50km) run in Macritchie Res.
Both are organised events. TNF100 is closed but the Run for Hope is still taking registrations (it's a fun run). www.runforhopesingapore.org

Keep an eye on the meetup page for added events.

green_field

Re: Running/Jogging groups.

Postby green_field » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 7:44 pm

JP2201 wrote:Hi everyone.

2. Running Labs - a more serious running group and tends to have cliques within the group. Faster paced and not as friendly.

hi "Apteryx",

I've been joining them for few sessions. I think it is fine, except the staffs not very friendly lol

Irun has improved lots. You could join the lead runners who are sub 4 marathoners :)

green_field

Re: Running groups

Postby green_field » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 7:45 pm

JP2201 wrote:Great!!
Hope to see you out there soon'ish.

i-Run is cancelled for this week due to road closures/restrictions around Boat Quay and Marina Bay for the F1 this weekend. We're running at Great World City (River Valley) tomorrow night, and Botanic Gardens on Thursday night.

No runs this weekend are planned.

Next week we'll do the i-run on Tuesday and maybe Mt Faber on Thursday night (to include Henderson Wave).

Next weekend is the "Run for Hope" 10km event and the TNF100 (50km) run in Macritchie Res.
Both are organised events. TNF100 is closed but the Run for Hope is still taking registrations (it's a fun run). www.runforhopesingapore.org

Keep an eye on the meetup page for added events.

good luck with ur Northface!! ;)

jm83au

Postby jm83au » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:36 pm

Jason ur running club sounds great - does it matter if u are not such a fast runner?

januarius
Regular
Regular

Postby januarius » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:48 pm

agreed!~ we can jog together.. i usually jog in tiong bahru park on sat... :|

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 9:30 pm

if you organising any walk let me know... i do regular walk every week

jesseowc

Postby jesseowc » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 9:45 pm

I'd like to join the walking only..

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 9:02 pm

sunday morning walk ok for you?

annmarie28

enjoy outdoors as well!

Postby annmarie28 » Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:40 pm

hi..wudn't mind hooking up for some jog/walk or we can go cycling! m f 28, msian..have been here for the past 7 mths. i can be reached at 82980331.

cheers!

tulipe
Regular
Regular

Postby tulipe » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:53 pm

great will PM you my number... see you at the next walk : )