Singapore Expats Forum

Where are some organic skin care products in Singapore?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

simplynat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008

Where are some organic skin care products in Singapore?

Postby simplynat » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:00 am

I just got here in Singapore a couple weeks ago and am looking for some organic stores but found none.
Could someone tell me where I can get Logona, California Baby and Burt's bees? Can't live without them :)
Also someone please tell me if Logona has make-up products such as lipglosses and mascaras. I am just too desperate!!

zialisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 04 Jun 2008
Location: Settling In

Postby zialisa » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 9:02 am

Have you tried Origins? They have skin care/make-up counters at most department stores here.

frenchy145
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 22 Sep 2008

Re: Where are some organic skin care products in Singapore?

Postby frenchy145 » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 3:40 pm

simplynat wrote:I just got here in Singapore a couple weeks ago and am looking for some organic stores but found none.
Could someone tell me where I can get Logona, California Baby and Burt's bees? Can't live without them :)
Also someone please tell me if Logona has make-up products such as lipglosses and mascaras. I am just too desperate!!


Hi dear,
Go to l'organic shop at dempsey road, fantastic choice and great service

ihatechinesefood
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 24 Sep 2008

Postby ihatechinesefood » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 5:25 pm

i gave up on local organic stores cos they are very expensive,
i get my supplies from drugstore.com and gardenofwisdom.com

i use vpost service.
for me i think that after factoring in the shipping costs, its still cheaper den buying here

simplynat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008

that's right.

Postby simplynat » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 8:37 pm

I found some organic stores last weekend and got shocked after checking out those prices.
I mean c'mon! A burt's bees lipbalm for 17.90 dollars? I bought my balm only for 1.99 USD. I had to only buy two products (Shampoo from Califor. baby and one ointment from Burt's and that came out the grand total of almost 50 dollars!)
Thank you for the comments. I'm going to use the online stores you've given me. :)

ihatechinesefood
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 24 Sep 2008

Postby ihatechinesefood » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 9:40 pm

organic stuff here is simply overpriced.
i bought a deodorant in an organic shop in raffles place for $20+
and found the exact one online from USA at usd5.99!!!

UKmum
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 11 Nov 2006

Re: Where are some organic skin care products in Singapore?

Postby UKmum » Fri, 26 Sep 2008 6:56 pm

simplynat wrote:I just got here in Singapore a couple weeks ago and am looking for some organic stores but found none.
Could someone tell me where I can get Logona, California Baby and Burt's bees? Can't live without them :)
Also someone please tell me if Logona has make-up products such as lipglosses and mascaras. I am just too desperate!!


You can get the Logona and other brands of organic products from Bud Cosmetics (www.budcosmetics.com). Good luck!

hweeling_chan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 22 Nov 2008

Postby hweeling_chan » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:33 pm

Hi.....

I managed to find Burt's Bee, Califorina Baby & Badger products in Chinatown...

Address and shop name is as follows:

Dragon D'or Cosmetics
Blk 32, #03-1126, Old People's Park, New Market Road

Tel: 6535 2005 / 6535 1722

blueboy84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 25 Dec 2008

Postby blueboy84 » Thu, 25 Dec 2008 6:07 pm

Hi! You may wish to try out the shop Four Seasons Organic Market at Basement Two, Great World City. They have an outlet within Carrefour Suntec City as well, but I think their range of organic skincare products is wider at their Great World City outlet. Their tel number is 68361855

Cheers

Singapuraguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Singapuraguy » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:49 pm

[quote="hweeling_chan"]Hi.....

I managed to find Burt's Bee, Califorina Baby & Badger products in Chinatown...

Address and shop name is as follows:

Dragon D'or Cosmetics
Blk 32, #03-1126, Old People's Park, New Market Road

Tel: 6535 2005 / 6535 1722[/quote]

Please don't patronise this shop which is know to be unethical in it's business and offer bad service. See one of the brands they are ruinning:

http://www.iluvorganic.com/warning-alert.asp

Please be informed that Wing Long Trading aka Dragon D’or Cosmetics are NOT authorized to sell nor distribute Nature’s Gate products in Singapore. They have lost all distribution rights for Singapore market since 2006, when Purveyance Asia Pacific Pte Ltd became the exclusive agent and distributor for the Singapore market.

It has come to our attention that several of our authorized retailers have been harassed by persons by the names of Sunny (Chinese man in his 40s) and Anna (Chinese woman in her 60s) from a company known as Wing Long Trading aka Dragon D’or cosmetics(located at 32 New Market Rd #03-1126). It has also come to our attention that they have been trying to sell Nature’s Gate products at Changi General Hospital. They have already been asked to remove their stocks from the shelves since end Sept 2008.

They are currently trying to sell Nature’s Gate stocks in Singapore, which are meant for the Indonesian market. We have obtained the information from the US main office.

We have painstakingly built up the brand of Nature’s Gate in Singapore through costly investments in A&P, listing in reputable stores like Dairy Farm Group(Guardian and Cold Storage), and consumer education in the last few years since 2005. Riding on our successful marketing efforts, Wing Long has resorted to unethical undercutting means to disrupt our business and the business of our authorized retailers. Levlad, the brand owner and manufacturer of Nature’s Gate, together with Purveyance, condemn such acts of unethical business practices. We hope that you, our customer will also support us in upholding good business ethics and principles, by not purchasing Nature’s Gate products from Wing Long Trading aka Dragon D’or Cosmetics.

Please be informed that all Nature’s Gate products distributed by Purveyance are covered by product insurance and warranty. Any Nature’s Gate products not distributed by Purveyance are not within the insurance coverage.

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation.

irnix
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 24 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby irnix » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 2:16 pm

The case on Dragon D'or feels quite serious...

Anyway, I found john masters organics at www.shinorganic.com which i'm loving! good warmth service so far! you can give them a try.

coolstrawberry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 25 Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby coolstrawberry » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 1:46 am

Singapuraguy wrote:
Please don't patronise this shop which is know to be unethical in it's business and offer bad service. See one of the brands they are ruinning:

http://www.iluvorganic.com/warning-alert.asp



Just my 2 cents worth.
With regards to Dragon D'or. I found myself pretty satisfied with their service. I've been patronising for a year, may be more.

I support the usage of organic products and you could almost say i cant live without them now. Some brands i'm using are: Jason Organics, Nature's gate etc..

One fine occasion, i was planning to buy some fabric material for my aunt, so i took a walk around the building. Found this store that carries some products i'm using. I was astounded. The prices were at least 30% lower than the market outside, not to mention they always offer fair discounts if you purchase more. Although they may not be the most fluent in english, and offer you the best service, at the very least, i feel that they are sincere and

I'm quite shocked at the warning you posted. However, in times of crisis like this, where recession hits, I need to say: I value my dollars and cents.

I believe many of you are like me. No doubt, they might be unethical in the way of seemingly "hijacking" but since the authorities are aware of them doing that, I'm quite pleased to say: as long as the goods are genuine and authentic, I don't mind getting my 30% discounts. *Chuckles

But in a way, i also antagonize against monopoly(s). With monopoly, comes legal extortion.

But i'll be watching this case closely.
Just expressing a different view - mine
Call me a cynic, but i do value my dollars and cents.

Have a nice day
I value my dollars and cents

icy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 18 Jul 2005

Postby icy » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 4:38 pm

I went to one organic skin care shop at Novena (cant remember the name though), i think is on the first floor. Their products a bit pricey, i only bought a bottle of seaweed cleanser from them.. I kinda of like the cleanser although it s abit costly..

kenixe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 14 Jul 2009

Postby kenixe » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 1:33 pm

coolstrawberry wrote:
Singapuraguy wrote:
Please don't patronise this shop which is know to be unethical in it's business and offer bad service. See one of the brands they are ruinning:

http://www.iluvorganic.com/warning-alert.asp



Just my 2 cents worth.
With regards to Dragon D'or. I found myself pretty satisfied with their service. I've been patronising for a year, may be more.

I support the usage of organic products and you could almost say i cant live without them now. Some brands i'm using are: Jason Organics, Nature's gate etc..

One fine occasion, i was planning to buy some fabric material for my aunt, so i took a walk around the building. Found this store that carries some products i'm using. I was astounded. The prices were at least 30% lower than the market outside, not to mention they always offer fair discounts if you purchase more. Although they may not be the most fluent in english, and offer you the best service, at the very least, i feel that they are sincere and

I'm quite shocked at the warning you posted. However, in times of crisis like this, where recession hits, I need to say: I value my dollars and cents.

I believe many of you are like me. No doubt, they might be unethical in the way of seemingly "hijacking" but since the authorities are aware of them doing that, I'm quite pleased to say: as long as the goods are genuine and authentic, I don't mind getting my 30% discounts. *Chuckles

But in a way, i also antagonize against monopoly(s). With monopoly, comes legal extortion.

But i'll be watching this case closely.
Just expressing a different view - mine
Call me a cynic, but i do value my dollars and cents.

Have a nice day


You might want to look elsewhere, the sales assistant in the shop was obscenely RUDE. :mad:
Such a place should just close down.

For the other who are looking for organic stuff, you're better off ordering them off the internet rather than buying from these local rip offs.

Singapuraguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Singapuraguy » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:03 pm

[quote="icy"]I went to one organic skin care shop at Novena (cant remember the name though), i think is on the first floor. Their products a bit pricey, i only bought a bottle of seaweed cleanser from them.. I kinda of like the cleanser although it s abit costly..[/quote]

Most of the brands mentioned here can be found at Bud at Novena Square 2 (Velocity). The owner Eric is very well informed and patient.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest